Author Topic: Blind man goes hunting!  (Read 11050 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Blind man goes hunting!
« on: August 18, 2008, 04:35:57 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,405341,00.html

WOW!  That's pretty intense and VERY cool that he's back out and doing things he loves!

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Blind man goes hunting!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 05:00:10 pm »
Disgusting. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 05:02:13 pm »
That he burned 80% of his body?  His crippled hand?  Way to be clear.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 05:04:41 pm »
It's good that someone who has been through all that, can do something he enjoys again.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 05:23:00 pm »
I thought it was clear.  It's disgusting that some guy who is completely crippled, and couldn't possibly compete with these animals in the wild, is filled with joy to know that he's taking away life again.  "Here let me guide your gun in the direction of an animal -- you just pull the trigger and have the satisfication of killing it".  Our species, in general, sucks.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 05:25:49 pm »
I'm not a huge proponent to hunting in general, but I don't take issue with this case in particular. I think it's great that he's getting out and doing what he loves, even if that's a vile act :)

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 05:29:06 pm »
I think this is much worse than regular people hunting (which is usually pretty bad).  And Camel, what if he enjoyed raping people?  "With technology these days, and the help of friends, I can do what I love again".

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 05:39:14 pm »
And Camel, what if he enjoyed raping people?

That's exactly the same logic for why I think hunting is vile. That's not to say I'm going to stop eating meat or anything, I just think that shooting a wild animal is cruel. But, as I've said before, I respect other peoples' ability to make their own informed decisions, and if he wants to put that on his conscience, then I'm not going to stop him.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 05:40:28 pm »
And Camel, what if he enjoyed raping people?

That's exactly the same logic for why I think hunting is vile. That's not to say I'm going to stop eating meat or anything, I just think that shooting a wild animal is cruel. But, as I've said before, I respect other peoples' ability to make their own informed decisions, and if he wants to put that on his conscience, then I'm not going to stop him.

I guess you could have just as well said this, then:
Quote from: Camel
I'm not a huge proponent to raping in general, but I don't take issue with this case in particular. I think it's great that he's getting out and doing what he loves, even if that's a vile act

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 05:45:07 pm »
Animals aren't human, they dont have rights.

Now go eat a dead cow

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 06:32:46 pm »
That's exactly the same logic for why I think hunting is vile. That's not to say I'm going to stop eating meat or anything, I just think that shooting a wild animal is cruel.
That's totally insane. Farming animals is unimaginably more cruel than hunting. At least hunting it's one instance of pain and that's it (generally), you aren't imprisoning them their whole life and keeping them just alive enough to be food!

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 06:46:09 pm »

Now go eat a dead cow

Yes, non-human animals aren't human.  It doesn't follow that they shouldn't be respected.  You are an animal, idiot.  When are you going to get kicked out of x86, btw?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 06:49:29 pm by Rule »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 06:54:43 pm »

Now go eat a dead cow

Yes, non-human animals aren't human.  It doesn't follow that they shouldn't be respected.  You are an animal, idiot.  When are you going to get kicked out of x86, btw?

They should be respected and well seasoned.

When are you going to get kicked out of x86, btw?
So it appears as though someone is showing you the member forums?  Sounds like an interesting breach of security

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 07:08:48 pm »
So it appears as though someone is showing you the member forums?  Sounds like an interesting breach of security

No-one had told me that.  Thanks for confirming the obvious though. lol!

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 07:14:13 pm »
Your all looking at it from the worst possible standpoint. What if he liked to golf? If they made some special equipment for him to go golfing again would your opinion change? I think that him trying to live his life like he used to is a wonderful thing, regardless of what he is doing. Kudos to him.

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 07:14:57 pm »
...regardless of what he is doing...

no

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 07:16:14 pm »
Yes I meant raping, setting cats on fire (NEDM reference), and touching little children like the old man on Family Guy.

When I say "regardless of what hes doing" I am constraining that phrase into the bounds of legality.

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 07:18:19 pm »
That reminds me of a Seinfeld quote:

Elaine: Hey George, Jerry says you get this sweater on discount because of a red spot
George: Jerry, how could you betray me?
Jerry: She tricked you, you idiot! I never told her!

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 07:20:43 pm »
CrAz3D just caused a breach of security by revealing private clan information! :O
Immediate grounds for expulsion?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 07:25:12 pm by Rule »

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 07:36:04 pm »
CrAz3D just caused a breach of security by revealing private clan information! :O
Immediate grounds for expulsion?

Haha, win!

And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 07:49:58 pm »
I fail to see the problem with hunting. It helps keep the animal population in check so many of them don't end up starving in the winter. Starvation might be considered the natural order of things, whereas a bullet to the chest is pretty uncommon in nature. Then again, starving seems to be a lot crueler.
errr... something like that...

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 07:51:04 pm »
I fail to see the problem with hunting. It helps keep the animal population in check so many of them don't end up starving in the winter. Starvation might be considered the natural order of things, whereas a bullet to the chest is pretty uncommon in nature. Then again, starving seems to be a lot crueler.

Sorry that not all of us are vegan iago :P

Edit: Yes that was an indirect statement
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 07:54:58 pm by Lead »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 07:55:12 pm »

To be fair, I argued in FAVOUR (that's "favor") of hunting; at least, in most ways, it's better than farming.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 10:03:57 pm »

No-one had told me that.  Thanks for confirming the obvious though. lol!

LOL. Way to go.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 07:09:11 am »

To be fair, I argued in FAVOUR (that's "favor") of hunting; at least, in most ways, it's better than farming.

That is why I put my edit in my thread :P

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 10:26:08 am »
I should clarify: I mean to say that shooting an animal as a point of pride is a vile act. If the intent is to use the animal as a resource, then I feel it's justified.

That's exactly the same logic for why I think hunting is vile. That's not to say I'm going to stop eating meat or anything, I just think that shooting a wild animal is cruel.
That's totally insane. Farming animals is unimaginably more cruel than hunting. At least hunting it's one instance of pain and that's it (generally), you aren't imprisoning them their whole life and keeping them just alive enough to be food!
There are farms where animals are raised to be hunted; they are most definitely not mutually exclusive.

As far as cruelty in farming goes, what you're referring to is primarily a problem with poultry, which I don't generally eat anyways. Thanksgiving is one major exception.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 10:29:46 am »

That's total bullshit. What do you think they did before our species evolved?

Inaction can not be immoral.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 12:29:50 pm »

Painfully obvious.

That's total bullshit.  If you're sitting in a lawn chair, sipping iced tea by a lake when you see a stranger drowning, inaction would be staying in your chair and doing nothing about it.  That's pretty clearly immoral.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 12:37:46 pm »
There are farms where animals are raised to be hunted; they are most definitely not mutually exclusive.

As far as cruelty in farming goes, what you're referring to is primarily a problem with poultry, which I don't generally eat anyways. Thanksgiving is one major exception.
I obviously meant in the general case.

And it's not just poultry, farming is cruel at the best of times (it's basically equivalent of raising humans in jail) (and it's rarely the best of times).

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 02:56:17 pm »
My guess would be that other predators kept their populations in check. Of course, there was still that life cycle where there'd be tons of predators, not much prey, so a bunch of predators died off, and the prey made a return. This would let the predators come back in force, and the cycle goes on. Unfortunately, humans kicked the shit out of predator populations, leaving man as the only viable predator in many regions. Hunting works. It keeps the populations in check, and people get food out of it.

Besides, it's not like sportsmen are going out and killing most of these animals just for hell of it. It might not just be for food, but I've yet to meet a hunter who lets game meat just go to waste.
errr... something like that...

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 02:58:45 pm »
Personally I like to nail a dear in the face with a crossbow then take the som bitch, gut it, and put it in my chili.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 10:26:14 pm »
That's total bullshit.  If you're sitting in a lawn chair, sipping iced tea by a lake when you see a stranger drowning, inaction would be staying in your chair and doing nothing about it.  That's pretty clearly immoral.
I definitely do not, and will not ever agree. Morality, as I see it, can only be applied to an action, not an inaction. How do you know that person drowning isn't going to be the next Hitler? Obviously it's extremely unlikely, but you can't call that inaction immoral.

To be perfectly clear: it is immoral to purposefully drown someone, but not to let them drown of their own accord.

My guess is that you're confusing what's humane/civilized with what's moral, though I suppose it's also possible that you simply don't agree :)

And it's not just poultry, farming is cruel at the best of times (it's basically equivalent of raising humans in jail) (and it's rarely the best of times).
How is it like raising humans in jail? Do they not have freedoms they would otherwise have? Sure, it sucks that they're going to die, but farm animals are, in general, not mistreated.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 10:49:09 pm »
I definitely do not, and will not ever agree. Morality, as I see it, can only be applied to an action, not an inaction. How do you know that person drowning isn't going to be the next Hitler? Obviously it's extremely unlikely, but you can't call that inaction immoral.

To be perfectly clear: it is immoral to purposefully drown someone, but not to let them drown of their own accord.

My guess is that you're confusing what's humane/civilized with what's moral, though I suppose it's also possible that you simply don't agree :)

I whole-heartedly disagree.  I'm not confusing morality with anything.  I think it is grossly immoral to allow another human being drown in the hypothetical presented.

I hereby invoke Godwin's Law.  You lose.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 10:52:11 pm »
I ask of you seriously, how can nothing be wrong? Since I don't think we disagree on what's humane, I think we're simply arguing semantics here.

I hereby invoke Godwin's Law.  You lose.

lol

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2008, 12:51:56 am »
I ask of you seriously, how can nothing be wrong? Since I don't think we disagree on what's humane, I think we're simply arguing semantics here.

The definition of morality is pretty clear, I think.  Allowing another person to die when you had the chance to save them at no cost is, in my eyes, wrong and arguably evil.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2008, 01:12:40 am »
Allowing another person to die when you had the chance to save them at no cost is, in my eyes, wrong and arguably evil.

And if you try to save them and fail, are you still wrong? You didn't save them, it was the same thing as sitting there doing nothing, and you're in the same spot as the person who didn't do anything.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2008, 01:14:28 am »
Allowing another person to die when you had the chance to save them at no cost is, in my eyes, wrong and arguably evil.

And if you try to save them and fail, are you still wrong? You didn't save them, it was the same thing as sitting there doing nothing, and you're in the same spot as the person who didn't do anything.

There's a fundamental difference in the situations, though.  In one, you choose to let someone die.  In the other, you choose to attempt to save their life.  The morality in question is in that choice.  The result is irrelevant.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2008, 01:16:44 am »
But look at your statement:

In the first scenario, you sat in a lawn chair as a man drowned in a puddle. You allowed another person to die. You had the chance to save them at pretty much no cost. You didn't take it, but you had the chance.

In the second scenario, you try to pull their face out of the puddle, but they drown anyways. You allowed another person to die. You had the chance to save them at pretty much no cost. You tried to save them, but failed.

I'm nitpicking your statement right now, but you see my point. It's about choice.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2008, 01:21:58 am »
"Allowing" means you forfeit some or all of your power to prevent something from happening.  You haven't "allowed" a person to die if you've done everything you can to keep them alive but they die regardless of your efforts.  If you pulled them out of their water, but their lungs were filled with fluid without your knowledge and they drown, you have not made a choice to let them die.  You've done everything you can to save their life.  The second situation doesn't apply.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2008, 09:53:07 am »
How is it like raising humans in jail? Do they not have freedoms they would otherwise have? Sure, it sucks that they're going to die, but farm animals are, in general, not mistreated.
They have no freedom, they're taken care of by people who don't care for their wellbeing, they aren't allowed to leave, they aren't allowed to take care of their most basic urges (mating, for instance), they don't get to raise a family (male children of dairy cattle and egg chickens, for instance, are killed at birth), they aren't allowed to eat what they want (they're fed just enough food to keep them alive), their either beaten or killed for misbehaviour, and they're killed when they're either ready for meat or they're no longer useful (for producing offspring/milk/eggs/whatever the case).

You're right, it's not like prison, it's much, much worse.

At least with hunting, the animal lives a normal life.

"Allowing" means you forfeit some or all of your power to prevent something from happening.  You haven't "allowed" a person to die if you've done everything you can to keep them alive but they die regardless of your efforts.  If you pulled them out of their water, but their lungs were filled with fluid without your knowledge and they drown, you have not made a choice to let them die.  You've done everything you can to save their life.  The second situation doesn't apply.
I agree, the situations are very different.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2008, 02:07:29 pm »

The definition of morality is pretty clear, I think.  Allowing another person to die when you had the chance to save them at no cost is, in my eyes, wrong and arguably evil.

According to what you've said, it is evil to pull the plug on a vegetable. Do you really believe that?

I agree; the definition is painfully clear. Evil is, by definition, morally objectionable behavior. Morality is, by definition, concerned with right and wrongdoings. Since inaction aren't doings, they can't be right or wrong, are not subject to morality, and can not be evil. As I said before, it's simply a matter of semantics; but you simply can't call the lack of action an immoral action - it just doesn't follow logically.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2008, 02:31:30 pm »
According to what you've said, it is evil to pull the plug on a vegetable. Do you really believe that?

Straw man.  These are entirely different circumstances.

I agree; the definition is painfully clear. Evil is, by definition, morally objectionable behavior. Morality is, by definition, concerned with right and wrongdoings. Since inaction aren't doings, they can't be right or wrong, are not subject to morality, and can not be evil. As I said before, it's simply a matter of semantics; but you simply can't call the lack of action an immoral action - it just doesn't follow logically.

I don't agree with your definition.  Neither does Merriam-Webster.

2 a: a doctrine or system of moral conduct bplural : particular moral principles or rules of conduct

The failure to behave in a certain way in a situation can easily be considered immoral.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2008, 02:37:40 pm »
Straw man.  These are entirely different circumstances.
How so? You're allowing someone to die when you have the chance to save them; same circumstances.

Seriously?

1 a: of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior : ethical <moral judgments>
 b: expressing or teaching a conception of right behavior <a moral poem>
 c: conforming to a standard of right behavior
 d: sanctioned by or operative on one's conscience or ethical judgment <a moral obligation>
 e: capable of right and wrong action <a moral agent>
2: probable though not proved : virtual <a moral certainty>
3: perceptual or psychological rather than tangible or practical in nature or effect <a moral victory> <moral support>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/moral

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2008, 02:39:08 pm »
"behaviour" doesn't imply action or inaction. Inaction is still a type of behaviour.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2008, 02:41:22 pm »
"behaviour" doesn't imply action or inaction. Inaction is still a type of behaviour.

So what? There is an worse extreme beyond inaction, which centers the inaction on the moral scale.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2008, 02:56:30 pm »
How so? You're allowing someone to die when you have the chance to save them; same circumstances.

The circumstances are completely different.  You're making the choice to end whatever is left of their life (maybe it's even fair to say they aren't alive...) because you think it's what is best for them or what they would have wanted.

It would depend on the wishes of the person who is now a vegetable.  Many people will ask their loved ones to not let them live on in that state.  Especially in this case, I don't think it's immoral at all.

Seriously?

Main Entry:
    1mor·al Listen to the pronunciation of 1moral
Pronunciation:
    \ˈmȯr-əl, ˈmär-\
Function:
    adjective
Etymology:
    Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin moralis, from mor-, mos custom
Date:
    14th century

1 a: of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior : ethical <moral judgments> b: expressing or teaching a conception of right behavior <a moral poem> c: conforming to a standard of right behavior d: sanctioned by or operative on one's conscience or ethical judgment <a moral obligation> e: capable of right and wrong action <a moral agent>2: probable though not proved : virtual <a moral certainty>3: perceptual or psychological rather than tangible or practical in nature or effect <a moral victory> <moral support>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/moral

It's more appropriate to look at the entry for the noun.

a doctrine or system of moral conduct bplural : particular moral principles or rules of conduct
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/morality

Morality is passive.  It seems outrageous to think it only applies to actions.  It's a behavioral contract.  Behavior is the way someone acts or reacts in a situation.  A reaction can be to do nothing.

Exactly.

So what? There is an worse extreme beyond inaction, which centers the inaction on the moral scale.

I disagree.  The morality of a reaction cannot be measured unless the circumstances are revealed.

George sees a car drive by the street across from his house.  He reacts by doing nothing.
Immoral?  Of course not.

In the other circumstances, doing nothing is immoral (provided that the perceptions of right/wrong are roughly the same).

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2008, 03:07:25 pm »
Okay, I can agree at a fundamental level with everything you've said there, but I don't think it discounts what I've said per se. I still don't think inaction can be inherently wrong, and I'll ask you to focus on that statement to avoid this argument becoming cyclical.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2008, 03:18:28 pm »
Okay, I can agree at a fundamental level with everything you've said there, but I don't think it discounts what I've said per se. I still don't think inaction can be inherently wrong, and I'll ask you to focus on that statement to avoid this argument becoming cyclical.

No one has said inaction can be inherently wrong.  That would be stupid.  As I said previously:

The morality of a reaction cannot be measured unless the circumstances are revealed.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2008, 03:20:00 pm »
Okay then, I guess there's nothing left to discuss?

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2008, 03:20:20 pm »

How about that weather?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2008, 03:44:48 pm »
This makes me think of the people living by Auschwitz who assumed that they were just living next to an especially screamy pie factory.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2008, 12:01:09 pm »

How about that weather?

Screamy :D

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!