Author Topic: BNET Accounts!  (Read 8603 times)

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
BNET Accounts!
« on: March 19, 2009, 06:53:20 pm »
Well, it finally happened.  WoW/Blizzard accounts are now merged into the new BNET account!  What does this mean?  When you steal someones WoW account, you get some free games with it!  Err.. or at least something like that.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: BNET Accounts!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 07:16:09 pm »
Huh, that's pretty cool.  Does that mean you'll be able to chat with people on WoW while playing Starcraft, Diablo, etc?

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 07:25:35 pm »
Huh, that's pretty cool.  Does that mean you'll be able to chat with people on WoW while playing Starcraft, Diablo, etc?

Maybe in the future, but probably not.  :)

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 07:42:48 pm »

Maybe in the future, but probably not.  :)
That would be awesome :(
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 08:06:21 pm »
Oh, so it's an almost completely useless change!  Haha... I guess seeing statistics for various games combined in one account is cool, but whatever... seems pretty pointless.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 08:47:25 pm »
No, they've merged everything in to one, if what Blaze is saying is correct. Blizzard has accounts where you're capable of adding all of your cdkeys to the account... allowing you to download copies of the games, etc. It's a pretty cool change, if you ask me. Of course, this sucks for the people that war on bnet or download possible trojan bots, etc. There's a lot more at risk if you were to lose an account, now. It's not just an account.. it's your games, too.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 08:49:51 pm »
No, they've merged everything in to one, if what Blaze is saying is correct. Blizzard has accounts where you're capable of adding all of your cdkeys to the account... allowing you to download copies of the games, etc. It's a pretty cool change, if you ask me. Of course, this sucks for the people that war on bnet or download possible trojan bots, etc. There's a lot more at risk if you were to lose an account, now. It's not just an account.. it's your games, too.

Blizzard has had the game-download ability for at least half a year now.  Also, Blizzard Authenticators make that a hard thing to do!  Also, they're releasing a cell-phone app that allows you to use the same function as a Authenticator.  Neat.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 10:51:26 pm »

Blizzard has had the game-download ability for at least half a year now.  Also, Blizzard Authenticators make that a hard thing to do!  Also, they're releasing a cell-phone app that allows you to use the same function as a Authenticator.  Neat.

Well yea I know. How long they've had that though doesn't affect the fact that it's part of the accounts now, I'd assume. That's what you mentioned in your first post, anyways. I haven't looked for anything about this, though.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 04:24:44 pm »
Some of the benefits of the Battle.net account include:

* Fewer passwords to remember. One single login lets you access World of Warcraft, the online Blizzard store, and more -- including upcoming games such as StarCraft II and Diablo III.
    * Opt in to upcoming Blizzard Entertainment beta tests. Put yourself in the running to be invited to test upcoming games.
    * Easy access to your classic games. Store your CD keys for classic Blizzard Entertainment titles, and then download the games whenever you wish.
    * And more to come… We’re planning to add more features in the future, including tools to help friends communicate between games and bring players closer together.
yay

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 07:37:11 pm »
sweet!

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 07:42:48 am »
Steam came up with this a long time ago. Blizzard is behind the times :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 10:55:57 am »

Steam is terrible! :(

Besides, it's not a novel idea in Steam's case either.  ;[

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 12:57:11 pm »

Steam is terrible! :(

Besides, it's not a novel idea in Steam's case either.  ;[
Which furthers my point even more  8)

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 03:23:46 pm »
Steam hasn't been terrible for a while now.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 03:42:39 pm »
Steam hasn't been terrible for a while now.
It was pretty terrible when I used it but that was admittedly a long time ago. I can't say I like the idea all that much but if Blizzard does something like that and it has the usual Blizzard polish (and games I actually want to play) then I could probably get used to it.