Author Topic: Huge News: Obama Administration Ends Medical Marijuana Raids  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
Huge News: Obama Administration Ends Medical Marijuana Raids
« on: October 19, 2009, 03:44:05 pm »
Reporting from Washington - Atty. Gen. Eric H. Holder Jr. said today the Obama administration is officially reversing the federal stance on medical marijuana and ordering authorities not to arrest or charge any users and suppliers who conform to state laws.

In guidelines issued today, Justice Department officials are telling prosecutors and federal drug agents that they have more important things to do than to arrest people who obey state laws that allow some use or sale of medical marijuana.
More here: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-medical-marijuana20-2009oct20,0,7401028.story?track=rss

I'm very pleased with this step in the right direction.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: Huge News: Obama Administration Ends Medical Marijuana Raids
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 03:46:14 pm »
they have more important things to do than to arrest people who obey state laws that allow some use or sale of medical marijuana.
I 100% agree with this statement.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 09:46:11 pm »
I thought this was old news? Or was it just not official before?
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 01:28:13 am »
The guidelines clarify what some critics had said was an ambiguous position by the Obama administration, especially in California, where authorities raided numerous clinics and made arrests over the years. Some of those raids followed Obama's inauguration in January, after, as a presidential candidate, he had pledged to stop them.
It may have died down a bit since then, but it was in no way official or even hinted about.
Hitmen: art is gay