Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762000 times)

trust

Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #1290 on: January 22, 2007, 07:42:32 am »
Hmm, for some reason, I'm under the impression that you're going to bring up your grades in other classes as well as your cumulative GPA on your transcript... but seeing as how you brought up this whole thing about you getting favorable treatment, it seems likely to me that you've also received favorable treatment from other teachers, too, so your transcript wouldn't be an accurate reflection of your efforts.

No, it totally is. My transcript shows a lot of very poor grades because for 3 years I didn't do any work.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 22, 2007, 07:51:18 pm »
Hmm, for some reason, I'm under the impression that you're going to bring up your grades in other classes as well as your cumulative GPA on your transcript... but seeing as how you brought up this whole thing about you getting favorable treatment, it seems likely to me that you've also received favorable treatment from other teachers, too, so your transcript wouldn't be an accurate reflection of your efforts.

No, it totally is. My transcript shows a lot of very poor grades because for 3 years I didn't do any work.

Oh, in that case... BALLA.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

trust

« Reply #1292 on: January 22, 2007, 08:01:46 pm »

Oh, in that case... BALLA.

I don't understand.

So I went to the gym today with my friend, I haven't gone in a long time (like 2 months?) I feel good afterwards, and I'm going to start swimming again...6:30AM tomorrow morning.

Edit: I just checked my grades online: I got a 93 on the Lit paper.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 08:07:34 pm by OG Trust »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 22, 2007, 08:30:43 pm »
I need to start going to the gym.

...times like right now would be a PERFECT opportunity to work out.
Not much to do and I'm pissed beyond all fucking hell...lots of energy and no dipshit to punch in the face.

trust

« Reply #1294 on: January 25, 2007, 10:31:19 am »
So I went to the Hampden-Sydney vs. Virginia Wesleyan basketball game last night with my mom and friend, just because I wanted to support Hampden-Sydney. Also to see this alumni I know who goes to all my highschools basketball games and saw me with my hat one night and struck conversation with me and decided to call the dean about me. (He worked as the priest at the college too for many years.) He ended up not showing up though, but that's ok!

As it turns out, the dean of admissions came to the game...as well as the assistant dean of admissions assigned to my area and his friends. So, it was nice seeing and talking to them in an informal setting. They both said how I'm a "great kid" and said how things will hopefully work out for me. The assistant dean I really like and got excited when I saw him walk in, it's easy to relate to him because he's a 2005 grad so he's not much older than me which makes it more comfortable talking to him.

Anyway, so at halftime I go to get popcorn and some guys stop me because I had my Hampden-Sydney sweatshirt on and strike conversation. I tell them how I'm a prospect and as it turns out, one of them grew up on the same street as me, went to the same middle school, and went to the same high school. He's now on the Alumni committee for the college, in charge of Admissions. Score. He paid for my popcorn and water and said he'd talk to the dean and assistant dean about me. As it turns out, he talked to the assistant DoA during the game and he said he'd follow up about me. I also met this prominent attorney here, who just happens to be on the board of trustees.

I definitely feel a little more secure. Hampden-Sydney lost rather badly, but I think I did quite well.

Edit: I bet this turns into a 2 page discussion on how I'm receiving favorable treatment from the admissions and alumni committees.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 10:35:27 am by OG Trust »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 25, 2007, 01:38:37 pm »
networking is the way to go!

I know people at UT Austin that might be able to guide me so that I have a better chance of getting in ;)
Go Go!

trust

« Reply #1296 on: January 25, 2007, 05:52:08 pm »
Yep! I emailed him and he told me to let him know when I get my grades so he can contact the dean of admissions. Sweet

I got a 93 on my English exam and kept my A, I wonder if my teacher just gave me the points I needed though. In any case, hooray! My science teacher said that my grade COULD drop to a C, but if it's close then "he's on my side." He also said if I get a 4 or 5 on the AP test he'd go back and bump it up if I got a B...but really, how will that help me lol.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 25, 2007, 05:53:57 pm »
go go ap

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 25, 2007, 09:28:28 pm »
Edit: I bet this turns into a 2 page discussion on how I'm receiving favorable treatment from the admissions and alumni committees.

I bet that comment was to try and stop it from happening :P.  Seriously though, even though it's wrong that these things should affect admissions, I don't blame you for being politically smart.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 25, 2007, 09:49:44 pm »

I bet that comment was to try and stop it from happening :P.  Seriously though, even though it's wrong that these things should affect admissions, I don't blame you for being politically smart.

Agreed...but personality makes a diff, as does knowing people,...as does being not-white in some cases :(

trust

« Reply #1300 on: January 25, 2007, 09:56:21 pm »

True. I've heard so much about how strong the alumni network at Sydney is though, and I can really see it to be true already. I thought it could have been overhyped, but now I don't think that is the case - and it makes me more content knowing I have a really good chance of being employed at graduation.

trust

« Reply #1301 on: January 28, 2007, 01:07:26 am »
So I woke up at 6:30 AM (after going to sleep at 5:30) to the sound of some guy urinating in my friend Valerie's fireplace. Hilarity and yelling follows.

True story. (and extremely funny when completely told.)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 28, 2007, 05:24:59 am »
woke up at 430, its past 230...awake for 22+ hours...so tired.

went snow boarding so physical tired + drank when got back + saw jacque so just overall fucked up tired.
damn sleep sound awesome, why dont I just go to sleeP?...go figure

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 29, 2007, 02:32:56 pm »
I'm back!

The rejoicing may commence.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 29, 2007, 05:44:24 pm »
Rejoice! :D
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.