Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1761856 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #1350 on: February 08, 2007, 08:40:24 pm »
Well I got into HSC!!

And, um, pending how this Cox thing unfolds I may be away from the internet for awhile. I'll be in Washington next week from Sunday-Saturday so I guess I'll have it then in the hotel.

Congratulations.  What are your plans for your major?  Any idea what your first semester of classes is going to look like?  I realize that it's very early to ask these questions, but maybe you're an early planner. :)

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: February 08, 2007, 08:43:15 pm »
Most places here scan licenses, for tobacco or alcohol. Especially 7/11 and the like. However, I know a guy who makes fake ids.. scannable too. So it's not really any measure of security. People underage will always have no issue getting their hands on alcohol.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

trust

« Reply #1352 on: February 08, 2007, 08:54:59 pm »
Well I got into HSC!!

And, um, pending how this Cox thing unfolds I may be away from the internet for awhile. I'll be in Washington next week from Sunday-Saturday so I guess I'll have it then in the hotel.

Congratulations.  What are your plans for your major?  Any idea what your first semester of classes is going to look like?  I realize that it's very early to ask these questions, but maybe you're an early planner. :)

Thanks. I'm planning on majoring in political science, Sydney has a great program with a good matriculation rate to the University of Richmond and UVa Law. And no I'm not sure on my first semester classes, if I do well on my Comparative Government exam I might be able to get out of the first year of government courses and do something higher or one of the non-required ones. I wouldn't mind taking a class on the classics, specifically Roman history.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: February 08, 2007, 11:37:21 pm »
speech recognition still not working well in openoffice or AIM (sometimes) :(

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: February 09, 2007, 02:10:29 am »
People underage will always have no issue getting their hands on alcohol.

Damn right.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #1355 on: February 10, 2007, 01:33:03 am »

Damn right.

Newby is living proof of that.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1356 on: February 10, 2007, 05:09:37 am »

Damn right.

Newby is living proof of that.

*cough*...
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

trust

« Reply #1357 on: February 10, 2007, 08:00:16 am »
Oh, I forgot to post this: I thought it was neat. I know I posted earlier about the alumni committee admissions chairman I met at a basketball game earlier in this thread. Well, we kept in contact and I think he played a role in my acceptance. But look what he said when I sent him a facebook message telling him I was accepted:

Yes, I did know of your acceptance; however, I do know the feeling of the offical letter. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! I am very excited that another Comet is joining the brotherhood of H-SC. Let me know if you have already purchased your H-SC belt, if not, I would be honored if I could get you your first. Also, I know hold you as my key contact for attracting more granby guys to H-SC. Congrats again.

The key part is the belt, which with H-SC holds significance. It's this ribbon belt with the school crest and everyone has one, it's kind of a big deal. It's pretty sweet he wants to buy it.

Now tomorrow I leave for Presidential Classroom in DC, which I don't want to go to really...I'll be missing a week of lacrosse.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 08:14:34 am by OG Trust »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: February 10, 2007, 10:57:16 am »
Oh, I forgot to post this: I thought it was neat. I know I posted earlier about the alumni committee admissions chairman I met at a basketball game earlier in this thread. Well, we kept in contact and I think he played a role in my acceptance. But look what he said when I sent him a facebook message telling him I was accepted:

Yes, I did know of your acceptance; however, I do know the feeling of the offical letter. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! I am very excited that another Comet is joining the brotherhood of H-SC. Let me know if you have already purchased your H-SC belt, if not, I would be honored if I could get you your first. Also, I know hold you as my key contact for attracting more granby guys to H-SC. Congrats again.

The key part is the belt, which with H-SC holds significance. It's this ribbon belt with the school crest and everyone has one, it's kind of a big deal. It's pretty sweet he wants to buy it.

Now tomorrow I leave for Presidential Classroom in DC, which I don't want to go to really...I'll be missing a week of lacrosse.

"I don't know if you know me, but I'm kind of a big deal."
;)

Is this belt expensive?

trust

« Reply #1359 on: February 10, 2007, 12:03:48 pm »

"I don't know if you know me, but I'm kind of a big deal."
;)

Is this belt expensive?

It's like $15 I think. This is what it looks like:

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: February 10, 2007, 02:10:38 pm »
you yanks are weird

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: February 10, 2007, 02:13:21 pm »
Wow, Trust, compared to Seattle, the scenery in that picture looks magical.  :\
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: February 10, 2007, 08:18:42 pm »
I saw Snakes on a Plane this weekend for the first time. I know, I'm so behind...

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: February 10, 2007, 08:19:32 pm »
Wow, Trust, compared to Seattle, the scenery in that picture looks magical.  :\

I think if you took the blonde out of that picture he'd change his opinion.

trust

« Reply #1364 on: February 10, 2007, 08:46:25 pm »
you yanks are weird

Dude I live in Virginia, definitely not a yank...

And yeah the scenery there is amazing, the campus is beautiful especially during the fall. I can post some pictures if you'd like, or check out http://www.hsc.edu