Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1761889 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #1425 on: February 26, 2007, 11:53:18 pm »
This should be the hardest time I have in high school lol.

Your school schedule doesn't look any different than mine any of my years, save that you start an hour earlier and get out an hour earlier.  I didn't do sports my senior year because my knee won't allow me to without unreasonable amounts of pain, but I finished seasons all other years.

It's sort of a bummer that you have two hours of class that prepares you for a standardized test.  I'm not arguing that standardized tests are unnecessary, but I do not think that they should affect your schedule in such a way that roughly a quarter of your time each day is devoted to "learning for the test."

Waaaaaah. I have a 20 page research project due next Monday, and I'm slacking like a mo' fo'.

Haha, I took English composition last year and that was the requirement for the second semester (well, actually it was longer than 20 pages.  I don't remember exactly what the requirements were).  I just filled it up with graphs (not that they shouldn't have been there; they served a very good purpose) and stapled a bunch of c code to the back.  The teacher gave me a 100%, but I think that's because she'd never encountered someone interested in researching prime numbers before, heh.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 26, 2007, 11:58:07 pm »
Waaaaaah. I have a 20 page research project due next Monday, and I'm slacking like a mo' fo'.

Haha, I took English composition last year and that was the requirement for the second semester (well, actually it was longer than 20 pages.  I don't remember exactly what the requirements were).  I just filled it up with graphs (not that they shouldn't have been there; they served a very good purpose) and stapled a bunch of c code to the back.  The teacher gave me a 100%, but I think that's because she'd never encountered someone interested in researching prime numbers before, heh.

Mine is using the library (or, since I'm a fucking badass, http://books.google.com) to research court cases/legislation from 1912-1954. I did about 5 pages in 3 hours. I don't have jack fucking shit to worry about. :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #1427 on: February 27, 2007, 12:00:53 am »
Google is refreshingly awesome.

What a boring research subject, by the way. :(

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 27, 2007, 12:38:03 am »
Shit fuckingly simple though.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 27, 2007, 12:55:53 am »
I am still not caught up on work from school from my trip. Tomorrow morning I am going to make up a history test on 5 chapters (roughly 150 pages) in a text book. I think it is only about 120 questions, but I will only have a 50 minute period to do it. Yay for AP classes. My scheduel is rediculous as of now too. School 7:15-12:20, SAT Prep course 1-1:45(math) 2-2:45(english) and then swim 3-5:30.
The AP test... gives you 55 minutes for 80 questions?  Is your teacher a douchebag on purpose or what?
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 27, 2007, 01:00:41 am »

Mine is using the library (or, since I'm a fucking badass, http://books.google.com) to research court cases/legislation from 1912-1954. I did about 5 pages in 3 hours. I don't have jack fucking shit to worry about. :)
1912-1954?...sorta boring...but so much crap.  NEw Deal, people suing New Deal, heck yeah

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 27, 2007, 01:06:34 am »
I am still not caught up on work from school from my trip. Tomorrow morning I am going to make up a history test on 5 chapters (roughly 150 pages) in a text book. I think it is only about 120 questions, but I will only have a 50 minute period to do it. Yay for AP classes. My scheduel is rediculous as of now too. School 7:15-12:20, SAT Prep course 1-1:45(math) 2-2:45(english) and then swim 3-5:30.
The AP test... gives you 55 minutes for 80 questions?  Is your teacher a douchebag on purpose or what?
You could say so. His class is boring. Everyone hates the class. Every day before that class I don't want to go in lol. Either way, we have boring lectures every day and most of the material he lectures on is not on the tests.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 28, 2007, 09:15:28 am »
I called UPS about 30 minutes ago (645 am...bagh) & the girl said that they'd try to pull off my package so I can pick it up at the 'store.'

They're supposed to call me this morning, I really hope that they call soon.

I leave in ... 7ish hours!  yay

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 28, 2007, 11:25:49 pm »
I bombed my history test! woot :-/. 65% with the curve, I don't even want to talk about my grade without the curve... lets just say the curve was a HUGE one.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 01, 2007, 12:04:49 am »
I bombed my history test! woot :-/. 65% with the curve, I don't even want to talk about my grade without the curve... lets just say the curve was a HUGE one.
We don't even get curves in my history class.  It's ok, I own the shit out of life anyways. :D
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 01, 2007, 12:08:02 am »
We don't even get curves in my history class.  It's ok, I own the shit out of life anyways. :D
But you're always studying.  :-\
errr... something like that...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 01, 2007, 02:10:59 am »
I'm in DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...but the internet in the hotel (holiday inn @ georgetown) might only last one day :(...I hope its longer than that, but I may not talk til monday morning

trust

« Reply #1437 on: March 01, 2007, 07:01:56 am »
Have fun in pretty much the best city ever.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 01, 2007, 07:36:33 am »
Have fun in pretty much the best city ever.
I'd still prefer to live and work in Austin, however, this is a pretty place...(considering I haven't seen it in the light just yet)

WE'll tour Georgetown tonight hitting a pizzeria and the Georgetown Park Mall.
Tomorrow we'll be taking a night tour of the monuments.
Saturday is up in the air as is all of Sunday.
The entire day-time we're here is occupied with the conservative conference. 

Today:
10am check-in & greeting by Sen. Jim DewMint
1145am "What happened to fight against big gov't?"
115pm Sen. Mitch McConnel
145pm Tony Snow
215pm America's Business Elites
315pm Sen Elaine Chao
345pm Courts
415pm Reigning in the Courts
530pm General Reception

Friday:
...I dont know what we're doing yet.
I do have a lunch workshop that I have to pay $50 to drop if I want to go see Rudy Giuliani, which is lame cause I didn't even know Rudy was gonna be here til last Friday or so :(

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 01, 2007, 08:55:48 am »
After the "terrorist" attack on my school Tuesday, we had a Tornado Warning at fucking 6:45 am on Thursday (today, about an hour ago)!!  We had to all wake up and walk our asses down to the basement.  God, Tornados need to be a little more considerate and only happen when people are already awake.  Bastards.

The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus