Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762047 times)

trust

Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #1470 on: March 06, 2007, 09:07:47 pm »
lol.

I just don't really like fast food that much, and I haven't had many opportunities to get it.  Even before 4 years ago, I would get fast food on average about twice a year.  If I eat out, usually it's somewhere pretty upscale or high quality.

How do you not have the opportunity to get fast food? There's one on every street corner almost.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: March 06, 2007, 09:17:17 pm »
I live on a university campus.  There is a McDonalds here, and that's it as far as chain-fast food places go.  If I go to the trouble of traveling downtown, it is usually somewhat of a special occasion, and so if I am out eating usually it is somewhere nice.  Also,the food vendors on campus tend to be much better than most fast food places.  There are about 5 different sit-down restaurants, ~20 different food vendors, and about 4 pubs.  However, if there were more fast food places on campus I doubt I would go to them often anyways.  The frequency might increase from "never" to a few times a year.

trust

« Reply #1472 on: March 06, 2007, 09:22:55 pm »
Where do you go again? Is it someplace in the south because I remember you seemed to be familiar with Hampden-Sydney in the past?

I guess that explains it though. When I was at Georgetown their student center had a little grocery store, a KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Subway, a coffee shop, a starbucks stand, and then 2 or 3 restaurants.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: March 06, 2007, 10:04:05 pm »
Lost our first game 4-5. I'm contemplating moving down to JV so I can actually play for more than a few minutes. Or maybe I'll just quit and spend my time programming/doing something that'll actually be useful later in life.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1474 on: March 06, 2007, 10:07:54 pm »
@CrAz3d: You can afford to chill with the (future?) president and who-not, yet can't afford dinner? Hell, I got bored one day and took myself and a friend out for dinner at the most expensive restaraunt in Wisconsin Dells at $40 for each meal. Actually I was paying off some debt to him in style, but regardless, even I can afford it sometimes. :P
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

trust

« Reply #1475 on: March 06, 2007, 10:26:58 pm »
Lost our first game 4-5. I'm contemplating moving down to JV so I can actually play for more than a few minutes. Or maybe I'll just quit and spend my time programming/doing something that'll actually be useful later in life.

No don't that'll look bad. Believe me you playing Varsity now will pay off in the long run (ie starting varsity next year maybe?, college looks, etc.)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: March 06, 2007, 10:46:48 pm »
No don't that'll look bad. Believe me you playing Varsity now will pay off in the long run (ie starting varsity next year maybe?, college looks, etc.)

That's the thing. If all else fails, he'll decide to move me down himself for whatever reasons and I won't have to move myself. I think that looks worse than choosing to move down, though. Oh well.

If he moves me down I'll probably just stop playing since JV won't help me none (the kids down there suck fat asshole according to kids that are down there) and I could spend my 10-12 hours a week doing something better for my future. :P
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: March 06, 2007, 11:04:21 pm »
@CrAz3d: You can afford to chill with the (future?) president and who-not, yet can't afford dinner? Hell, I got bored one day and took myself and a friend out for dinner at the most expensive restaraunt in Wisconsin Dells at $40 for each meal. Actually I was paying off some debt to him in style, but regardless, even I can afford it sometimes. :P
OH, I can afford $40 a plate at times...not often though.

I regularly (once? a month) hit $15ish plates.
Most expensive I've had was like $55?, most expensive meal (for 2) was $80 for valentine's day last year...such a waste.

The CPAC thing was $25 registration, $1400 hotel (split 6 ways), $230 airfare, plus w/e food, spending, intown travel while there.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #1478 on: March 06, 2007, 11:57:59 pm »
I live on a university campus.  There is a McDonalds here, and that's it as far as chain-fast food places go.  If I go to the trouble of traveling downtown, it is usually somewhat of a special occasion, and so if I am out eating usually it is somewhere nice.  Also,the food vendors on campus tend to be much better than most fast food places.  There are about 5 different sit-down restaurants, ~20 different food vendors, and about 4 pubs.  However, if there were more fast food places on campus I doubt I would go to them often anyways.  The frequency might increase from "never" to a few times a year.

I commend you on avoiding fast food.

I don't want to pry (consequentially, please don't respond if you don't want to answer), but are you a graduate student?

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: March 08, 2007, 12:43:25 am »
So, I picked out an outfit for a moot court I'm an attorney in.

Yeah, I rock.

My friend and I have been wearing the nastiest clothes possible, I think that I may have just pulled into the lead.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: March 08, 2007, 01:00:47 am »
!!
wow, I bet you win just cause everyone will be too focused on your apparel to listen to anything else

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: March 08, 2007, 01:03:33 am »
!!
wow, I bet you win just cause everyone will be too focused on your apparel to listen to anything else
That, actually, was the idea. It's an experiment that we are trying. :D

Earlier today I was wearing a royal purple tie, and a puke-yellow/orage/brown shirt. It was sweet.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: March 08, 2007, 01:05:28 am »

Yeah, I rock.

My friend and I have been wearing the nastiest clothes possible, I think that I may have just pulled into the lead.

Damn. You look like my buddy Grant.
- Newby

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: March 08, 2007, 01:24:52 am »

Yeah, I rock.

He's almost as cool as me, right? :D?

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: March 08, 2007, 09:40:57 am »

Yeah, I rock.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
this is Grant