Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762065 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #1635 on: April 11, 2007, 01:56:16 pm »
830am class >9pm class

i dislike doing stuff that late

I need a hiarcut :(

trust

« Reply #1636 on: April 11, 2007, 08:01:52 pm »
Wow, there was a drug bust by the DEA at Hampden-Sydney today. Apparently 22 warrants were issued, 14 students were arrested, and cars were impounded.

That is gay, they were victimless crimes. Hampden-Sydney students have a VERY large degree of freedom and I can't believe something like this would happen, it was obviously something the administration had part in. There was a DEA agent taking classes and stuff.

It's bs and I'm mad even though I don't go there yet.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:05:19 pm by OG Trust »

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 11, 2007, 08:10:46 pm »
HAHAHAHAHA!

It's not okay to break the law, but it's not okay when the laws are enforced. That's awesome!  :D
errr... something like that...

trust

« Reply #1638 on: April 11, 2007, 08:23:39 pm »
HAHAHAHAHA!

It's not okay to break the law, but it's not okay when the laws are enforced. That's awesome!  :D

You don't understand. Since H-SC has such a strong honor code, students are awarded with a lot of freedom. The school is a place where public underage drinking, even at football games with a ton of police presence, doesn't even raise an eyebrow. It's hard to put into words the environment you are in at Hampden-Sydney, but it's just something that isn't realistic in the rest of the world. A lot of the things that separate Sydney from the rest of the schools in the country receive a lot of criticism, but the environment is what makes it special and not just in the terms of illegal activities. It's a school where the administration tells you they only want a certain type of man, and those that don't fit in really really have a bad time. It's just how it is. The men here are gentlemen not criminals.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:19:21 pm by OG Trust »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 11, 2007, 09:57:04 pm »
Drugs may hurt people, but it's not the drug itself normally that brings in huge arrests/warrants; it's the people behind the production/transportation/distribution of the drug. They're more dangerous than idiots shooting up heroin.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

trust

« Reply #1640 on: April 11, 2007, 09:59:28 pm »
It's a college campus.

Although I heard from one person that it was a cocaine ring being run out of a fraternity. Apparently one of the largest in the south? I don't know how credible it is.

Anyway these cops better get off campus by Friday so I can actually have fun.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 11, 2007, 10:02:02 pm »
HAHAHAHAHA!

You don't understand. Since H-SC has such a strong honor code, students are awarded with a lot of freedom. The school is a place where public underage drinking, even at football games with a ton of police presence, doesn't even raise an eyebrow. It's hard to put into words the environment you are in at Hampden-Sydney, but it's just something that isn't realistic in the rest of the world. A lot of the things that separate Sydney from the rest of the schools in the country receive a lot of criticism, but the environment is what makes it special and not just in the terms of illegal activities. It's a school where the administration tells you they only want a certain type of man, and those that don't fit in really really have a bad time. It's just how it is. The men here are gentlemen not criminals.

It would seem to me, that if 14 students were arrested that means that at least 14 students were against the honor code. It seems only approperiate that they lose some freedoms.

Also, I think it's very wrong to profile people, and make it hard for those that "don't fit in." I'm glad the south has gotten past the whole "oppression" thing. And, since you're a bible fearin' man, how's about "let he is with out sin cast the first stone." Why doesn't the south follow that part of the bible?

trust

« Reply #1642 on: April 11, 2007, 10:05:22 pm »
First of all the honor code does not make any mention of drug use. You aren't allowed to lie cheat or steal, nor tolerate those who do.

Secondly, 14 students is over 1% of the population...so this is a big deal. Nobody is being profiled, it's just H-SC is a school that is looked at generally by certain types of people who know what it's like before going in. In any social setting if everyone is one way and you are different, things are going to be uncomfortable. It's not just at Sydney or in the south.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: April 11, 2007, 10:33:23 pm »
You have stupid opinions.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #1644 on: April 11, 2007, 10:34:19 pm »
Using a conservative application of your statement, I get that HSC has 1400 students?  Wow, that's small.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 11, 2007, 10:50:34 pm »
Seriously.  My high school is bigger than that.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

trust

« Reply #1646 on: April 11, 2007, 10:52:25 pm »
Using a conservative application of your statement, I get that HSC has 1400 students?  Wow, that's small.

1106. Well, I guess not now but you know what I mean. It's over 1000 students smaller than my high school.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=6357689&nav=S6aK

7 were brought up on charges, some facing up to 40 years in prison. Damn.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #1647 on: April 11, 2007, 10:54:13 pm »
What kind of drugs were the 'trafficking'?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: April 11, 2007, 10:55:37 pm »
What kind of drugs were the 'trafficking'?

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=6357689&nav=S6aK

RTFA! :P

Cocaine (40 years in prison for those fellas) and marijuana (10 years for them) were the drugs involved.

One word: pwned.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

trust

« Reply #1649 on: April 11, 2007, 10:58:37 pm »
I'm not going to tell my parents about this until AFTER Greek Week is over. I don't want to not be allowed to go.