Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762292 times)

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #1710 on: April 17, 2007, 01:51:00 pm »
I'll be away on vacation in Chicago until Saturday and I don't know how much I'll be able to get on there... so ttyl everyone.

trust

« Reply #1711 on: April 18, 2007, 07:50:11 pm »
woo...won our lacrosse game 11-10, coming back from a 4-0 gap in the first quarter. We scored the winning goal with 0 seconds left in overtime.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: April 18, 2007, 09:52:36 pm »
nice!
yay winning!
yay scoring!

...in the good kinda way ;)!

Offline skip

• mmk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: April 19, 2007, 09:57:20 pm »
The recent shooting at Virginia Tech has inspired me to collect historic newspapers. My teacher, also, collects historic newspapers [laminates, then puts it on her wall] and I'm going to start too with the shooting. She has the original newspapers from historic days, such as Pearl Harbor being bombed by Japanese, Germany surrendering during both WWI & II, Kennedy's assassination, atomic bombs being dropped, John Lennon being shot, September 11, Columbia, etc.

I think I'm going to buy newspapers from history from eBay.

:)

trust

« Reply #1714 on: April 19, 2007, 11:14:29 pm »
I have the 9/11 one and I think the Pope's. Are you doing your local paper or trying to get big ones like the Times or Post?

Err tomorrow is orange and maroon effect day and I can't find my Virginia Tech shirt. I think I donated it to the CHKD or something, with me being a UVA fan I never wore it except on "ugly t-shirt day" last year at swim practice. I guess I'll just wear some maroon shirt and orange jacket or something, idk.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: April 20, 2007, 09:40:55 am »
my school colors are maroon, hmm, maybe I'll do it too..?

Offline skip

• mmk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: April 20, 2007, 11:55:42 pm »
I have the 9/11 one and I think the Pope's. Are you doing your local paper or trying to get big ones like the Times or Post?

I'm currently subscribed to the local paper (Detroit Free Press) and I'm going to try and get historic articles from that paper.

trust

« Reply #1717 on: April 21, 2007, 05:05:05 pm »
yes! finally I scored. I've come so close all season and I finally did it with like 4 minutes left in the game. We had a double header so I was really tired and my coach was going to put me back in on midfield but I asked to play attack and he let me. I'm glad because if he hadn't I probably wouldn't have scored. One of my buddies tackled me afterwards.

I had 2 or 3 other close calls in those games but finally one worked out. Hopefully it is a foreshadow of what is to come the rest of the season. We only have like 7 games left not including finals and this tournament we do.

Then I illegally hit a guy and got a minute penalty but it didn't matter really since there was about a minute left in the game.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: April 23, 2007, 11:49:15 pm »
yes! finally I scored. I've come so close all season and I finally did it with like 4 minutes left in the game. We had a double header so I was really tired and my coach was going to put me back in on midfield but I asked to play attack and he let me. I'm glad because if he hadn't I probably wouldn't have scored. One of my buddies tackled me afterwards.

I had 2 or 3 other close calls in those games but finally one worked out. Hopefully it is a foreshadow of what is to come the rest of the season. We only have like 7 games left not including finals and this tournament we do.

Then I illegally hit a guy and got a minute penalty but it didn't matter really since there was about a minute left in the game.
at first I thought you were going to have a long sex story.. "yes! finally I scored. ..."

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: April 25, 2007, 08:21:38 pm »
I have a pair of Altec Lansing speakers and I love them dearly.

I like to have them really cranked up -- Today I came to the comptuer, and didn't look when I was turning on the speakers and accidentally turned the Tone switch instead of the Volume switch. Well, I opened iTunes and it sounded kinda funny. So I'm immediately like OMG iTunes is broken! So I try it in winamp and it's the same thing... so then I'm like "I didn't blow them, did I"?

And then I looked over at the speaker switches and was relieved to see that the Tone switch was off by just a bit. :)

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #1720 on: April 25, 2007, 11:20:20 pm »
Chemistry sucks. It pretends to be sweet and inviting, but once you let your guard down, it anally rapes you on your birthday. I can't believe I actually considered Chem E as a career.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 25, 2007, 11:31:46 pm »
Chemistry sucks. It pretends to be sweet and inviting, but once you let your guard down, it anally rapes you on your birthday. I can't believe I actually considered Chem E as a career.
Chemistry is, by far, the best course I've had this year.
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #1722 on: April 25, 2007, 11:34:18 pm »
Chemistry is, by far, the best course I've had this year.

Yes, but you're a Chemistry major. ;)

I enjoyed Chemistry when I took it in high school as well, though.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: April 25, 2007, 11:51:53 pm »
I havent had chem since 9th grade!  Whoa, 5 years...that was a good while ago.

mmm beer

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #1724 on: April 26, 2007, 12:48:31 am »
I havent had chem since 9th grade!  Whoa, 5 years...that was a good while ago.

mmm beer

Yay for non-science majors?

I took chemistry last semester, currently getting assraped by physics this semester. Its loads of fun.
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham