Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1769956 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #1770 on: May 09, 2007, 10:02:23 pm »
That sucks!  Do you know if it was because of a real fire or did someone just pull the alarm?

Apparently the motion alarm going off = fire alarm going off constantly.

And the fire department wouldn't turn it off unless someone that worked there was there. And nobody was.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #1771 on: May 09, 2007, 10:05:04 pm »
That blows.

I'd guess that the average grade for our test was upped by at least 10%.  45 minutes where students are allowed to converse in the middle of an exam... yeah... lol.

trust

« Reply #1772 on: May 09, 2007, 10:28:04 pm »
Yesterday our alarm went off because someone opened up the gym door from the outside and threw in a smoke bomb. The fire department had to come and blow it all out and stuff. It smelled really bad too. We were only outside for like 10 minutes though.

this girl I know was walking down the hall and heard the "boom" and heard someone yell "get out"

I'd have freaked out.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: May 09, 2007, 11:00:56 pm »
I'd've wet myself, trust.

Friday begins my summer of building!
Start the gym (never been before) and my friend is gonna help me w/work out strategies & nutrition (he's way into this stuff).
Hopefully I can make some good progress!

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: May 09, 2007, 11:08:50 pm »
Hah... me... exercise... :-\

I plan to change this though, especially when I go to college, but perhaps this summer. I'm kinda into tennis, and I may think about casual running (because my endurance sucks) and swimming (I used to be a good swimmer :P)

But I really do hate the need to exercise. Just like I hate the need to sleep. Next time I talk to God I'll ask him why he makes us do these things. Sometimes I drool at the possibilities of the future, e.g. no sleep, no exercise, and living longer, but then I watch movies like Brazil and shrug it off.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: May 09, 2007, 11:27:08 pm »
I thought that last summer.  "I'm gonna change this and do something"
But now living with my friend that does it regularly, I think I'll be more motivated...plus have the info to do it right and get big.

trust

« Reply #1776 on: May 10, 2007, 10:59:51 pm »
hmm AP English Literature exam today...I think I got a 4 but could possibly have pulled out a 5.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: May 10, 2007, 11:03:28 pm »
AP US History exam tomorrow. Gonna be a bitch.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: May 10, 2007, 11:25:32 pm »
AP US History exam tomorrow. Gonna be a bitch.
then smack and tell it to get back in the kitchen

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #1779 on: May 10, 2007, 11:38:25 pm »
The AP Literature exam was so fucking easy I almost cried for joy afterwards. If I didn't do well on it for some god unbeknownst reason, someone will die. -_-

trust

« Reply #1780 on: May 10, 2007, 11:48:28 pm »
The AP Literature exam was so fucking easy I almost cried for joy afterwards. If I didn't do well on it for some god unbeknownst reason, someone will die. -_-

good, I'm not the only one. About a week ago I wrote an essay on blood in Macbeth for a friend of a friend for $10, I'm so glad I did now because that's what I used for my 3rd essay. I haven't read Macbeth since last year so I'm glad it was fresh now.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #1781 on: May 11, 2007, 12:19:52 am »

good, I'm not the only one. About a week ago I wrote an essay on blood in Macbeth for a friend of a friend for $10, I'm so glad I did now because that's what I used for my 3rd essay. I haven't read Macbeth since last year so I'm glad it was fresh now.

IT HASN'T BEEN 48 HOURS NUBCAKE OMG REPORT REPORT

Just kidding. :) I was lucky and the ONE novel that I actually really read that well this year was a perfect example, so.. *shrug*

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: May 11, 2007, 12:29:56 am »

IT HASN'T BEEN 48 HOURS NUBCAKE OMG REPORT REPORT

Just kidding. :) I was lucky and the ONE novel that I actually really read that well this year was a perfect example, so.. *shrug*
I did my essay on The Great Gatsby. I read it almost a year ago and didn't remember it that well. I can sum that essay up by saying I did poorly. I thought the test was difficult... Anyways I think I got a 5 on the AP Calc AB test I took yesterday, and I have AP US History test tomorrow!

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #1783 on: May 11, 2007, 01:13:33 am »
I was considering doing Great Gatsby or Ethan Frome, as I actually read both novels last year, but I ended up doing Wuthering Heights instead, since, even though I didn't actually read the whole book, I read just about every guide to it available, and we spent the most amount of time on it in class. The essay I did turned out pretty damn good; I was able to milk a good almost-over 3 pages out on it with my irritatingly small handwriting. It was the second essay that killed me, haha. I wanted to stab that passage to death...

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: May 11, 2007, 02:16:43 am »
I don't get why people have such a hard time finishing books, yet they have no problem reading the Cliffnotes outline, or whatever.  I find the books themselves are usually a lot easier to read than the pointform guides.  I've always been the opposite - I don't think I ever really read a guide, but I always read the actual book.

*However*, I have not been required to read books like Great Expectations, so I may have been somewhat lucky in the books that were selected for me.  Not that Great Expectations is bad, but it's extremely long and I can see it being hard to get through.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 02:38:49 am by Rule »