Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1761921 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #2205 on: August 12, 2007, 02:16:19 pm »
And I bet I'm paying more than all of you... sadly. :(

I pay $60/mo too (well, the difference between the "Platinum" and "Gold" packages my ISP offers, which is $20/mo, I think).  It's 3-7M down (ended up being 5M, I think) and 896 up.  It works pretty well, though.  I've been pleased.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: August 12, 2007, 03:52:56 pm »

pwnd
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: August 12, 2007, 04:18:23 pm »

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: August 12, 2007, 06:25:39 pm »

pwnd
WTF
Easy, easy. He's got Comcast... :P There's nothing quite like it. :(

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: August 12, 2007, 08:08:40 pm »
OK so i am school school shopping right. no big deal i go to check out and junk and the total come out to $119 so i give the cashier 2  50 dollar bills and a 20. so then she does all the register stuff and she gives me $50 in change and i am like WTF. but i don't say anything and i just leave. i look at the paper she handed me and it says i paid 170. so i was just wondering if i should have said something... this was at a walmart btw

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2210 on: August 12, 2007, 08:11:54 pm »
OK so i am school school shopping right. no big deal i go to check out and junk and the total come out to $119 so i give the cashier 2  50 dollar bills and a 20. so then she does all the register stuff and she gives me $50 in change and i am like WTF. but i don't say anything and i just leave. i look at the paper she handed me and it says i paid 170. so i was just wondering if i should have said something... this was at a walmart btw

Yeah, I would have definitely said something.  I'm pretty sure that cashiers have to add up how much money is in their register at the end of the day and see if it matches with what it is supposed to be.  I don't know if the difference comes out of their paycheck or not, but I'm sure it's a pretty big deal if their register is missing $50.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: August 12, 2007, 08:17:18 pm »
I'm not sure about other stores, but at my store if your till is +-$25.00 you're fired.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: August 12, 2007, 08:31:36 pm »
I'm not sure about other stores, but at my store if your till is +-$25.00 you're fired.
Yikes now i feel bad

trust

« Reply #2213 on: August 12, 2007, 10:13:09 pm »
Her fault don't worry about it. Maybe somebody accidentally handed her $50 extra earlier in the day and you were the lucky person to get the $50 to even her cash register out, you never know.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: August 12, 2007, 10:52:55 pm »
Her fault don't worry about it. Maybe somebody accidentally handed her $50 extra earlier in the day and you were the lucky person to get the $50 to even her cash register out, you never know.
lol.

While I dont mind screwing the big company, screwing the little girl that works there isnt too awesome

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: August 12, 2007, 11:13:39 pm »
Her fault don't worry about it.
Are you retarded?  Sure, it's her fault if she counted wrong, but even moreso on Hagen for noticing and not saying anything.  Not to mention he technically stole $50.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: August 12, 2007, 11:28:21 pm »
Her fault don't worry about it.
Are you retarded?  Sure, it's her fault if she counted wrong, but even moreso on Hagen for noticing and not saying anything.  Not to mention he technically stole $50.
Technically, no.  She handed it to him.  It might be immoral, but it isn't theft

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: August 12, 2007, 11:55:14 pm »
No, it's stealing.  Taking money you know doesn't belong to you is stealing.  And, since I know you're going to say something, it's not her money, so she isn't giving it to him.  It's the store's money.  It'd be like me handing you Newby's iPhone and saying "here, take it".  I am not allowed to.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: August 13, 2007, 12:10:47 am »
No, it's stealing.  Taking money you know doesn't belong to you is stealing.  And, since I know you're going to say something, it's not her money, so she isn't giving it to him.  It's the store's money.  It'd be like me handing you Newby's iPhone and saying "here, take it".  I am not allowed to.
yeah true but its walmart they have like 5 stores in a 20 mile radius and its not like they are going to go broke or something.. i feel bad about the girl tho.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: August 13, 2007, 01:38:13 am »
What would he get charged with?  Theft?  Theft is taking of property w/out consent. 
Shop lifting?  ...that's just an umbrella term that theft falls under in some circumstances.

He won't be charged with theft because an agent of Wal Mart, purposefully or not, handed it to him.  And since there wasn't prior planning there would be no conspiracy he could be had under as well.

There is nothing TO charge him for.