Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1761867 times)

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #2430 on: August 31, 2007, 12:26:08 pm »
Speaking of lying, I turned somebody in for an honor code violation today. The guy is a complete jerk and I don't like him, but I still feel kind of bad for turning him in. We were self-correcting a quiz in Spanish and he changed one of his answers. I'm on MY honor to report that, so I had to. I hope it doesn't go to trial because I don't want to be responsible for ruining some kids life, because most likely he would be expelled.

If he were to argue that you made this up in order to get him in trouble, would there be anything to suggest otherwise?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2431 on: August 31, 2007, 12:30:42 pm »
If he were to argue that you made this up in order to get him in trouble, would there be anything to suggest otherwise?

Well, that wouldn't be very honorable!

trust

« Reply #2432 on: August 31, 2007, 03:11:11 pm »
Speaking of lying, I turned somebody in for an honor code violation today. The guy is a complete jerk and I don't like him, but I still feel kind of bad for turning him in. We were self-correcting a quiz in Spanish and he changed one of his answers. I'm on MY honor to report that, so I had to. I hope it doesn't go to trial because I don't want to be responsible for ruining some kids life, because most likely he would be expelled.

We are both on our honor, so it'd be up to the court to decide who is lying. Most likely they would believe me initially since I'm not the one having my honor questioned, and thus as a general rule I'm to be automatically believed. Also they have an investigator which is appointed by the student body president (our entire honor court and conduct court is student run) who does an in depth investigation including previous work (although this was the 1st quiz so I'm not sure how it works in this case) and teacher interviews/witnesses/etc. The professor said he'd look at it when he grades.

Two kids from the football were suspended for the rest of the semester yesterday for lying, actually. I heard it had something to do with drugs.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: August 31, 2007, 03:38:57 pm »
That's hilarious.  :D Anyway, why were you watching him grade his paper?
errr... something like that...

trust

« Reply #2434 on: August 31, 2007, 06:43:43 pm »
He was sitting in front of me (we're all at like a conference room style table), so when I looked up I noticed it.

Offline chuck

• Canadian Biathlete
    • View Profile
    • Chucks Blog
« Reply #2435 on: August 31, 2007, 07:40:47 pm »
I'm going back to public school after home-schooling since grade 3. (Excluding grade 5)

Mixed feelings about it, but I'll live I guess.
Chucks Blog
JavaOp2 Plugins

Error, keyboard not connected. Press F1 to continue.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: August 31, 2007, 09:54:10 pm »
so it was like 100 this afternoon and now there is like a thunderstorm that is beating down on us. i was going to go grill stuff too :(

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: August 31, 2007, 10:06:48 pm »
Gotta love San Diego. ::)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: September 01, 2007, 01:56:35 am »
so it was like 100 this afternoon and now there is like a thunderstorm that is beating down on us. i was going to go grill stuff too :(
Lightning actually hit my neighbors house during this storm... his umbrella caught on fire and it took down a power line (or phone?). Good thing my house was right before the break :D

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2439 on: September 01, 2007, 11:53:42 pm »
I'm a few pages late, but if a 3 foot fall damaged anything I paid more than $200 for, I'd be pissed. I've dropped my iPod going on a hundred times and no damage (except scratches on concrete surfaces, but that's expected upwards of 50!) and my old phone (finally did die, but I blame water damage) several billion times.

EDIT -
And my phone was $30. :P
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: September 02, 2007, 01:16:42 am »
I'm a few pages late, but if a 3 foot fall damaged anything I paid more than $200 for, I'd be pissed.
Don't ever buy anything made of crystal, you shall be quite disappointed.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

trust

« Reply #2441 on: September 02, 2007, 09:43:29 pm »
Yesterday was our first football game against Johns Hopkins, we lost by 1 point (they blocked our field goal with 6 seconds left, it sucked) but oh well. Here are some pictures if anyone is interested:

http://picasaweb.google.com/wmballance/FootballSeason?authkey=jerG-i-WUa4

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: September 02, 2007, 10:28:24 pm »
Yesterday was our first football game against Johns Hopkins, we lost by 1 point (they blocked our field goal with 6 seconds left, it sucked) but oh well. Here are some pictures if anyone is interested:

http://picasaweb.google.com/wmballance/FootballSeason?authkey=jerG-i-WUa4
HA our team lost by one point also :(
but the other team went for a 2 pt conversion

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: September 02, 2007, 10:36:50 pm »
My HS football team smashed on Thursday.  28-14? or something
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: September 03, 2007, 07:56:53 am »
My HS football team smashed on Thursday.  28-14? or something

You play varsity?
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.