Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762027 times)

trust

Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #2595 on: September 25, 2007, 11:38:59 am »
So for some reason I'm in a good mood today. I had like 9.5 hours of sleep, woke up exhausted around 7:20. Went to my first class, did the best I could to stay awake. She let us leave 20 minutes early so I went by one of the coffee shops and got a coffee went back to my room for 10 or so minutes then went to my next class. Somewhere during my 2nd (and last) class of today I was just like "Wow, today is a great day...I love college and I love it here" and it felt like some big burden was just randomly lifted off of me. I still have a burden though: 4 papers. I have a 4 page paper in Western Culture due next week (but we already turned in a 'rough draft'), then I have a 1st draft for a 3 page philosophy paper due tomorrow (haven't started), and I have a Government research paper due tomorrow (haven't started), and then I have another paper on Billy Budd due for Rhetoric on Thursday. It sucks, but for some reason I feel alright.

And the only one of these papers I've procrastinated on is the Government one, the rest I'm right on time with basically. (ie. we can't work on the wcul one until we get the rough draft back), the philosophy one I guess I'm a little behind on, and the rhetoric one we're supposed to start tonight.

I'm not sure of the right strategy for tackling this, but I'll probably just go to the library after dinner and stay there until midnight or so.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: September 25, 2007, 01:52:25 pm »
I thought your dorm was an hour's walk from class ???

I have a paper thursday, test friday, quiz tuesday (basically a test, though), then a smaller paper next thursday as well as a large paper.

I think maybe this weekend I should be somewhat productive, much like I was last night

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #2597 on: September 25, 2007, 04:48:58 pm »
I'm in a fantastic mood now. We got our meteorology tests back and I kicked its ass. I got a 98/100, only one person did better than me with 100/100. The class average was a 73 =/

He originally had a two part word problem but ended up counting the second part for extra credit. He said that it would have destroyed the class had he graded it. I was the *only* one who got it completely right. *is proud*
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: September 25, 2007, 05:11:22 pm »
I just got my calc book extremely late. Luckily for me, my teacher only collects homework like once every two weeks. Unluckily for me, I have about two weeks of calc homeowork to do in a night.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: September 25, 2007, 05:15:47 pm »
^ :o

I need to get books for my damn human sexuality class :-\

trust

« Reply #2600 on: September 25, 2007, 06:01:42 pm »
Turns out that govt. essay I thought was due tomorrow is actually not due tomorrow, the 2 page proposal on what we're writing is due. That's good since the paper is 5-7 pages. I'm going to do it on the Patriot Act.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: September 25, 2007, 06:10:12 pm »
Turns out that govt. essay I thought was due tomorrow is actually not due tomorrow, the 2 page proposal on what we're writing is due. That's good since the paper is 5-7 pages. I'm going to do it on the Patriot Act.
Which portion of the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act?

If you do, what I guess is, Title IV let me know, I'd like to read it.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: September 25, 2007, 09:54:54 pm »
so i justr ran about a mile and i noticed that i am not in shape. i blame it on my knee surgery

trust

« Reply #2603 on: September 25, 2007, 11:23:40 pm »
Which portion of the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act?

If you do, what I guess is, Title IV let me know, I'd like to read it.

Title IV is immigration, mines main focus is how the Patriot Act is protecting liberties and is effectively preventing terrorism, not specific provision of it though.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: September 25, 2007, 11:26:16 pm »
Protecting liberties?  By trampling over liberties?

Should be an interesting paper ;)

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: September 25, 2007, 11:57:28 pm »
lol
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: September 26, 2007, 12:17:40 am »
USAPATRIOT Act.  It's an acronym, not a witty name promoting Americanism.  Get your spelling strait.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: September 26, 2007, 12:30:19 am »
USAPATRIOT Act.  It's an acronym, not a witty name promoting Americanism.  Get your spelling strait.
I hope that's a joke!  :D  Actually, I hope most of your post id a joke.
If not, you're a prick.  Ha!

The government places a space between USA & PATRIOT.  Also, it is QUITE OBVIOUSLY a witty name promoting nationalsim.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 12:32:40 am by CrAz3D »

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: September 26, 2007, 01:22:19 am »
The USA PATRIOT Act: Preserving Life and Liberty
(Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism)
http://www.lifeandliberty.gov/highlights.htm

It's an acronym made "witty" by something often done on the internet: it was filled with "lulz" (aka stupid).

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: September 26, 2007, 09:55:38 am »
The USA PATRIOT Act: Preserving Life and Liberty
(Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism)
http://www.lifeandliberty.gov/highlights.htm

It's an acronym made "witty" by something often done on the internet: it was filled with "lulz" (aka stupid).
Still a witty name