Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762065 times)

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #2625 on: September 26, 2007, 08:44:16 pm »
How old am you?

Receiving?  Like trucks that come in?
18, almost 19

Yes. Repetetive physical labor > dealing with customers :D
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: September 26, 2007, 08:48:12 pm »
Damn straight it does!
Working answering phones I have to deal with plenty of retards.

trust

« Reply #2627 on: September 26, 2007, 10:08:56 pm »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20999950/
Score 1 for justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully this is appealed and overturned by the Supreme Court.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: September 26, 2007, 11:28:40 pm »

Why do you say that?
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: September 27, 2007, 12:34:31 am »
Because he believes that a totalitarian government operating under the guise of capitalist is a good system.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: September 27, 2007, 01:40:47 am »

Remember when Bush authorized the NSA to eavesdrop on our telephone calls, emails, and who knows what else? Well, I'm not going to express my opinion on it, but here's a thought. Bush's excuse was that it was protecting us from terrorists. This reminds me of one of Dumbledore's wise sayings.

* * POSSIBLE SPOILER * *

Dumbledore said that Harry Potter's prophecy to face Voldemort was not necessarily inevitable. The encounter was only doomed to happen because Voldemort BELIEVED the prophecy was true.

Analogously, six years after 9/11, the fear of terrorism lurks in the air because Bush BELIEVES (or, dissembles) it to lurk in the air. It's not necessarily a valid concern, just as the Potter-Voldemort prophecy isn't necessarily true.

With that said, I don't believe anything that I just said, and I retract all opinions I may have accidentally injected into this post.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: September 27, 2007, 01:50:36 am »
Orwell had a great deal of trouble publishing Animal Farm.  He became frustrated, and wrote this preface, which he never decided to publish, and was published only recently.  It's incredibly good. Orwell was a very strong writer and his mind was like a steel trap for social/political/politically influenced maneuvers.
http://www.orwell.ru/library/novels/Animal_Farm/english/efp_go

(A few typos, since the author of this page must have re-typed it).

Edit:  Excerpt
The issue involved here is quite a simple one: Is every opinion, however unpopular — however foolish, even — entitled to a hearing? Put it in that form and nearly any English intellectual will feel that he ought to say ‘Yes’. But give it a concrete shape, and ask, ‘How about an attack on Stalin? Is that entitled to a hearing?’, and the answer more often than not will be ‘No’. In that case the current orthodoxy happens to be challenged, and so the principle of free speech lapses.

I am well acquainted with all the arguments against freedom of thought and speech — the arguments which claim that it cannot exist, and the arguments which claim that it ought not to. I answer simply that they don’t convince me and that our civilisation over a period of four hundred years has been founded on the opposite notice. For quite a decade past I have believed that the existing Russian régime is a mainly evil thing, and I claim the right to say so, in spite of the fact that we are allies with the USSR in a war which I want to see won. If I had to choose a text to justify myself, I should choose the line from Milton:

By the known rules of ancient liberty.

The word ancient emphasises the fact that intellectual freedom is a deep-rooted tradition without which our characteristic western culture could only doubtfully exist. From that tradition many of our intellectuals arc visibly turning away. They have accepted the principle that a book should be published or suppressed, praised or damned, not on its merits but according to political expediency. And others who do not actually hold this view assent to it from sheer cowardice.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 01:56:53 am by Rule »

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: September 27, 2007, 02:22:04 am »
Orwell had a great deal of trouble publishing Animal Farm.  He became frustrated, and wrote this preface, which he never decided to publish, and was published only recently.  It's incredibly good. Orwell was a very strong writer and his mind was like a steel trap for social/political/politically influenced maneuvers.
http://www.orwell.ru/library/novels/Animal_Farm/english/efp_go

(A few typos, since the author of this page must have re-typed it).

Edit:  Excerpt
The issue involved here is quite a simple one: Is every opinion, however unpopular — however foolish, even — entitled to a hearing? Put it in that form and nearly any English intellectual will feel that he ought to say ‘Yes’. But give it a concrete shape, and ask, ‘How about an attack on Stalin? Is that entitled to a hearing?’, and the answer more often than not will be ‘No’. In that case the current orthodoxy happens to be challenged, and so the principle of free speech lapses.

I am well acquainted with all the arguments against freedom of thought and speech — the arguments which claim that it cannot exist, and the arguments which claim that it ought not to. I answer simply that they don’t convince me and that our civilisation over a period of four hundred years has been founded on the opposite notice. For quite a decade past I have believed that the existing Russian régime is a mainly evil thing, and I claim the right to say so, in spite of the fact that we are allies with the USSR in a war which I want to see won. If I had to choose a text to justify myself, I should choose the line from Milton:

By the known rules of ancient liberty.

The word ancient emphasises the fact that intellectual freedom is a deep-rooted tradition without which our characteristic western culture could only doubtfully exist. From that tradition many of our intellectuals arc visibly turning away. They have accepted the principle that a book should be published or suppressed, praised or damned, not on its merits but according to political expediency. And others who do not actually hold this view assent to it from sheer cowardice.

The author of this passage has expressed an idea I have thought of, which is freedom of speech. After reading that, from what I understand A confident man listens to people and has no problem with freedom of speech. Only a coward shall deny another man freedom of thought or speech, hence the western culture which is built on these fundamental ideas is far superior while lesser nations oppress thoughts and freedoms of speech (...) are typically suffering.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: September 27, 2007, 09:57:10 am »
Quote from: Ben Franklin
Thoſe who would give up Essential Liberty to purchaſe a little Temporary Safety, deſerve neither Liberty nor Safety.
That pretty much sums it up I do spose

I'm tired as hell.  Got home at 1:15am, sheesh. I shouldn't do that too often :-\.  Did hang out with my rodeo lady friend, things are lookin good.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:59:04 am by CrAz3D »

trust

« Reply #2634 on: September 27, 2007, 11:33:09 am »

Why do you say that?

Because I support the Patriot Act.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: September 27, 2007, 02:00:49 pm »

Why do you say that?

And domestic terrorism?
People are afraid, terrorized if you will, that they are losing freedoms...and rightfully so.

trust

« Reply #2636 on: September 27, 2007, 04:32:59 pm »

Why do you say that?

And domestic terrorism?
People are afraid, terrorized if you will, that they are losing freedoms...and rightfully so.

When was the last time you had your rights violated because of the USA PATRIOT Act? How about your family members? Friends?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: September 27, 2007, 05:09:47 pm »

Why do you say that?

And domestic terrorism?

When was the last time you had your rights violated because of the USA PATRIOT Act? How about your family members? Friends?
When was the last time the police were brutal to you because you were black?

::)  Just because it hasn't happened to me doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.
Portland attorney Brandon Mayfield sought the ruling in a lawsuit against the federal government after he was mistakenly linked by the FBI to the Madrid train bombings that killed 191 people in 2004.

trust

« Reply #2638 on: September 27, 2007, 06:40:19 pm »
False positives are uncommon and it's been proven the act is working, I don't see a negative.

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: September 27, 2007, 07:23:12 pm »
LMAO so my IT teacher is this super huge nerd and some people think he's gay by the way he talks. It's funny.

Today I was carrying some old computers in the work room and noticed something on the wall: "*****(name) T*MCHK SUCKS COCK". Obviously he didn't see that yet...  :D