Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762145 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #2700 on: October 01, 2007, 02:35:16 pm »
OU really needs to beat the hell out of Texas this weekend, so I have a chance of passing physics.
What's with everyone hating on Texas? :(

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2701 on: October 01, 2007, 02:38:35 pm »
++

and as an added bonus, we can remember the fun we had when the night is over ;)

Haha, yeah.  I don't have a particular problem with people drinking, but, as with anything, I think there's a pretty agreeable line drawn where it becomes too much.  This includes drinking heavily to the point you don't remember things, becoming sick, doing things you wouldn't think to do while sober, etc.

We had that discussion at work on Friday. The definition of "case" varies depending on where you are.

Really?  Huh, I always thought that a case had two dozen containers in it.

OU really needs to beat the hell out of Texas this weekend, so I have a chance of passing physics.

Care to elaborate on that one? :)

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #2702 on: October 01, 2007, 02:39:08 pm »
I honestly don't know who I'm going for in this matchup.  I want both to lose!

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #2703 on: October 01, 2007, 07:18:20 pm »

Its Texas, self explanatory I believe. The President on OU pokes fun at the Texans saying its the dream of every Texan to goto school in Oklahoma. Which a lot of them do. He also made fun of the Deputy Secretary of Commerence when he was here, it was amusing.

Care to elaborate on that one? :)

He was going to give us a quiz on Friday, but we have the day off so he said he just give us all 100s instead. Then he said that by every touchdown OU beats Texas by he'll give us an extra point. Which is a lot consider quizzes are 3 points each.

I honestly don't know who I'm going for in this matchup.  I want both to lose!
But someone has to win and it'll be OU! :p
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2704 on: October 01, 2007, 07:23:27 pm »
He was going to give us a quiz on Friday, but we have the day off so he said he just give us all 100s instead. Then he said that by every touchdown OU beats Texas by he'll give us an extra point. Which is a lot consider quizzes are 3 points each.

wtf, why?  How does a football team winning have anything to do with how well his class understands the material?  Silly sports-oriented professors!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: October 01, 2007, 08:04:53 pm »

Its Texas, self explanatory I believe. The President on OU pokes fun at the Texans saying its the dream of every Texan to goto school in Oklahoma. Which a lot of them do.
That's because Texas schools are hard to get into, well, good Texas schools.  UT has a restriction (for law anyway) that only allows something like 10-20% out of staters and still hard to get into (from TX) as I understand.
Have friends here @ NMSU that come here because it's cheaper and they got in.  The music programs there were too intense for their level of playing.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: October 01, 2007, 08:15:48 pm »
UT has a restriction (for law anyway) that only allows something like 10-20% out of staters and still hard to get into (from TX) as I understand.

Ehh, it's that top 10% are guaranteed into the school. Whether or not they get the major they want is a different story.

http://bealonghorn.utexas.edu/freshmen/admission/factors/academic/index.html

http://bealonghorn.utexas.edu/freshmen/admission/factors/applicant-types/index.html <-- Shows no restriction on out-of-state, other than that space is limited.

What's frustrating is:

Because not all applicants have access to advanced or honors courses, we do not, however, consider the level of coursework taken (regular, advanced placement, honors, AP, IB or other) during the admissions process.

I took as many AP/Honors courses as I possibly could. And because of that, I had lower grades than the kids who took the lowest level possible at our school. And they'll get in over me. Frustrating, huh?

On a related note, the U of T @ Dallas needs to stop sending me mail. I'd much rather have the U of T @ Austin send me mail. :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: October 01, 2007, 09:09:23 pm »
The law school has restrictions, like I said.
http://www.utexas.edu/law/depts/admissions/application/
In addition, the Texas Legislature has limited nonresident enrollment to 35% of the student body.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: October 01, 2007, 10:28:07 pm »
ARG i have to start applying to college this weekend after the Sat Subject test :(

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: October 01, 2007, 10:44:19 pm »
ARG i have to start applying to college this weekend after the Sat Subject test :(
I still have 1.5 yrs of college before entering law school and I'm already rather worried :-\

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #2710 on: October 01, 2007, 10:50:58 pm »
All graduate schools have restrictions.  Calling undergraduate programs in Texas 'hard to get into' is a joke.  I don't remember a number, but the amount of Texas residents going to OU and OSU is ridiculous.

I'm not sure where to look to check this but I recall Texas running their tuition program differently.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: October 01, 2007, 10:54:30 pm »
oh man, I just remembered I have a test in my state & local govt class tomorrow, sigh.

I have a short paper due in there thursday, just finished it.  A long & intense paper due thursday in American foreign policy (I still have like 20 pages of read and then writing of like 4-5 pages).  then 2 tests wednesday :(!

AHHHHHH, friday I will have to drink a fair amount to make up for my diligence in studying this week

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #2712 on: October 01, 2007, 11:00:41 pm »
You better, this weekend is Oktoberfest.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: October 02, 2007, 12:22:47 am »
It'll all be drinking at the Southern New Mexico State Fair...well, maybe Friday I'll buy a case (of 24) of Sam Adams Octoberfest and get drunk.  Maybe head over to the local brewery and get a pitcher of Octoberfest, yum

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: October 02, 2007, 12:56:35 am »

Yeah, and that's a really important event.  ::)