Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762290 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #2850 on: October 19, 2007, 09:04:32 am »
My dog WILL NOT stop running around the house...what the hell?!  It's way too damn early for this.

edit:
Keystone light is on sale for $15/30pack @ Walgreens  FYI
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 09:35:38 am by CrAz3D »

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: October 19, 2007, 09:36:17 am »
Damn. Brave New World is difficult to follow. I have ~6 hours to finish reading it and then write a five page paper on it.

Hooray for caffeine! D:
Brave New World is a great book, how did you have trouble following it?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: October 19, 2007, 10:02:26 am »
Damn. Brave New World is difficult to follow. I have ~6 hours to finish reading it and then write a five page paper on it.

Hooray for caffeine! D:
Books can lead?

trust

« Reply #2853 on: October 19, 2007, 01:22:51 pm »
Missed all my classes today, running a fever and still felt horrible. I went to the health center and the strep test came up negative, but the doctor said it still might be strep (quick strep tests are unreliable) but anyway he prescribed me some medication, and they want me to alternate between advil and tylenol every 4-6 hours, so essentially I have to be on painkillers nonstop. This means I shouldn't drink because my liver has a greatly increased chance of bleeding, which would be bad. That sucks, so now I don't know what I'm going to do this weekend. It's going to be a slow weekend here (no parties really, fraternities all spent their money on bands last weekend and for next weekend (Halloween parties.)) I had thought about visiting a friend at Virginia Tech because their parties are really good but I don't even feel like it. :(

So pretty much it'll be a boring weekend.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: October 19, 2007, 02:12:10 pm »
Screw the meds and drink forth little buddy!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: October 19, 2007, 03:26:37 pm »

Hooray for caffeine! D:

Vocabulary.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

trust

« Reply #2856 on: October 19, 2007, 04:20:47 pm »

No meds then I feel like shit.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: October 19, 2007, 05:04:45 pm »
Missed all my classes today, running a fever and still felt horrible. I went to the health center and the strep test came up negative, but the doctor said it still might be strep (quick strep tests are unreliable) but anyway he prescribed me some medication, and they want me to alternate between advil and tylenol every 4-6 hours, so essentially I have to be on painkillers nonstop. This means I shouldn't drink because my liver has a greatly increased chance of bleeding, which would be bad. That sucks, so now I don't know what I'm going to do this weekend. It's going to be a slow weekend here (no parties really, fraternities all spent their money on bands last weekend and for next weekend (Halloween parties.)) I had thought about visiting a friend at Virginia Tech because their parties are really good but I don't even feel like it. :(

So pretty much it'll be a boring weekend.

That sucks.  At least you get to catch up on sleep, that is, if you're low on it.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: October 19, 2007, 07:15:41 pm »

drink more

trust

« Reply #2859 on: October 19, 2007, 07:42:13 pm »

drink more

I only drank a little last night (maybe a shot's worth of bourbon) and it just made me feel worse. I don't really have fun unless it's at a party, so tonight pretty much consists of laying on the futon and listening to music or watching tv/movies. My stomach is already going to be torn up because of the mixture of medications I'm on, alcohol would just make it worse. A night of boredom isn't horrible enough to exchange it for a hospital visit. The only thing I can really eat (or drink, even) is ice cream, and all of that dairy will also make things worse. This totally sucks.

I am considering going to do laundry, but I'm afraid I will fall asleep and not get up in time to get my clothes.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2860 on: October 19, 2007, 08:19:01 pm »
Set your alarm to go off when the laundry's done, then it doesn't matter if you fall asleep. That's what I always do, since I generally forget about it when I get busy.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: October 19, 2007, 08:21:43 pm »
Set your alarm to go off when the laundry's done, then it doesn't matter if you fall asleep. That's what I always do, since I generally forget about it when I get busy.
I once tried to do this when I was dead tired. I woke up the next morning and realized I had turned my alarm off without knowing it. Since then, I've started setting two alarms to go off within 2 minutes of one another. That way, I'm already half awake after turning the first one off, and just when I'm starting to drift back into that kickass dream, another alarm goes off, and I'm up and at it.
errr... something like that...

trust

« Reply #2862 on: October 19, 2007, 08:41:51 pm »
My ex girlfriend told me it's probably mono, and now that I think about it that is very likely. Fuck.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: October 19, 2007, 08:44:17 pm »
My ex girlfriend told me it's probably mono, and now that I think about it that is very likely. Fuck.

Are the lymph nodes on the sides of your neck swollen?

trust

« Reply #2864 on: October 20, 2007, 11:13:54 am »

Are the lymph nodes on the sides of your neck swollen?

yesterday yes, today not so much. I hope it's not mono, but I'll have them test me for it next week. I'm thinking it's maybe not now because, at least compared to yesterday, I feel a lot better right now. Maybe it's because of the painkillers and large amount of sleep I got, but in any case it's nice. I'm still kind of tired/weak and my throat still hurts but it's manageable.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 11:15:31 am by Trust »