Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1768637 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #3345 on: January 07, 2008, 08:23:54 pm »
Bass seems a little weaker than the factory speakers, I hope after a little burn in period they'll even out. It might just be me though...

Po' nigga. How you gonna manage? :(
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

trust

« Reply #3346 on: January 07, 2008, 08:27:31 pm »
slang some caine and cop a sub

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: January 07, 2008, 08:41:38 pm »
The fuck?!

My dog chewed on the corner of my HP PDA :(.  Still works, but a few of the qwerty buttons are gone :(.  $450 device chewed up.

I got my scope today!
SO, $700 and I can shoot stuff!  Well, now I need ammo and then to dial in the scope, but YEAH!

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: January 07, 2008, 11:31:52 pm »
Speakers arrived and installed.  ;D

Bass seems a little weaker than the factory speakers, I hope after a little burn in period they'll even out. It might just be me though...
What speakers did you purchase?

trust

« Reply #3349 on: January 08, 2008, 06:15:36 am »

Polk db570's. They're pretty inexpensive, but were recommended to me by the support person. I don't intend to add an additional amp or subwoofer because I really don't blare my music. I turn it up if it's a song or CD I especially like, such as Girltalk, but nothing extreme..basically I just wanted something to replace the factory speakers. Do you know about speakers? What will it take for me to blow these, because I don't want to have to replace them again.

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: January 08, 2008, 08:30:43 am »
The fuck?!

My dog chewed on the corner of my HP PDA :(.  Still works, but a few of the qwerty buttons are gone :(.  $450 device chewed up.

I got my scope today!
SO, $700 and I can shoot stuff!  Well, now I need ammo and then to dial in the scope, but YEAH!
Wow... seems like we're both having trouble with our dogs...

So today my dog jacked my iPod when I was leaning over the fence to pet her.

I panicked, so I hopped the fence and started chasing her. Thankfully I had my dog whistle key chain with me and I blew it as hard as I could. She looked at me like "WTF?" and I basically tackled her and got it out of her mouth.

Headphones are broken and there is a little nick on the screen. It could have been a lot worse...

LESSON: NEVER PET YOUR DOG WITH YOUR IPOD IN YOUR POCKET. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #3351 on: January 08, 2008, 10:05:49 am »
I'm sorry, Killer, but I lol'd.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: January 08, 2008, 10:54:40 am »

Polk db570's. They're pretty inexpensive, but were recommended to me by the support person. I don't intend to add an additional amp or subwoofer because I really don't blare my music. I turn it up if it's a song or CD I especially like, such as Girltalk, but nothing extreme..basically I just wanted something to replace the factory speakers. Do you know about speakers? What will it take for me to blow these, because I don't want to have to replace them again.

You won't blow those speakers in a stock environment. BUT, you also won't get full potential out of them without an amp. Even if you're not into crazy bass, you could run a setup like mine. I run a 12" MTX Thunder sub, with a decent Sony XPLOD amp. And I might replace my stock in car speakers soon.

It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: January 08, 2008, 01:04:27 pm »
I'm sorry, Killer, but I lol'd.
My mom was on the phone at the time and saw me out the window. She told her friend she'd call her back and she came outside and was like... "WTF IS GOING ON?!?!". Once I got it back I explained to her and she couldn't stop laughing. She called her friend back and explained to her what happened and she couldn't stop laughing either! lol...

It was kinda funny now that I think about it...

And OMG today I realized I tore my jacket I had JUST GOT THE DAY EARLIER on the fucking fence...

Bad luck much?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 01:10:45 pm by Killer360 »

trust

« Reply #3354 on: January 08, 2008, 04:25:42 pm »
You won't blow those speakers in a stock environment. BUT, you also won't get full potential out of them without an amp. Even if you're not into crazy bass, you could run a setup like mine. I run a 12" MTX Thunder sub, with a decent Sony XPLOD amp. And I might replace my stock in car speakers soon.

I think they're fine for what I need, with these playing them at half volume is probably the highest I'll go, so I don't think I need more power. When I installed the left rear one though I must have had a wire in the way of a window, because this morning I went to roll it down and I heard a noise and then the speaker didn't work. I went back and took the panel off again and the wire had come undone so I had to redo that, but now it works. It sounds like it's blown though, I could hear a little crackle...I'm not sure if it was the speaker or just the radio station. I hope it's not blown, I don't feel like having to deal with sending them back.

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: January 09, 2008, 12:19:28 pm »
I should really post a picture of my puppy... I'll get one when I get home. :)

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: January 09, 2008, 11:18:58 pm »
Ok, so this is my doggy...

She was watching a soccer game on the FENCED IN soccer field below this hill...

And this is her in my car... I think my brother was driving it for some reason that particular day.

BTW, she is almost 2.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 11:20:41 pm by Killer360 »

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: January 13, 2008, 12:53:08 pm »
Alright, who changed my avatar? LOL.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: January 13, 2008, 01:13:49 pm »

And this is her in my car... I think my brother was driving it for some reason that particular day.

BTW, she is almost 2.
She's real pretty.

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: January 13, 2008, 02:13:23 pm »

BTW, she is almost 2.
She's real pretty.
Haha, thanks. I hear her barking right now. :)