Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762106 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #3540 on: February 11, 2008, 06:28:17 pm »
I know what scientology is (aside from your overly biased and one-sided definition) but I don't know what a scientology "raid" is.

Are scientologists raiding the streets of somewhere?

I wasn't defining scientology.  I was describing how they're commonly perceived.  I call it a pseudo-religion because it isn't a religion but it has religious principles.  I said it was infamous for various things because it does have a soiled reputation for those things.  I did not say I agree that the the things I mentioned are true.

I say you have limited inference skills (I'm seriously starting to believe that this is more true than I thought initially) because you failed to gain the necessary context of the subject at hand.  Go back a page or two and look at the photos.  Raid is the wrong word, as iago pointed out, but if you saw Newby's posts, I'd be shocked if you couldn't muster the background necessary to figure out what's going on.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: February 11, 2008, 06:31:13 pm »
Funny how people keep misusing the word "raid" :P

It's cool, that's why I put it in quotes. :)

Yeah, that doesn't help.

I know it's some sort of mob thing ... but only because I just read (like 2 minutes ago) a story about something in Clearwater do I have an idea.  People protesting scientology I'm guessing?  (Since you were too busy belittling me to explain something simple)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3542 on: February 11, 2008, 06:32:03 pm »
There was no Scientology "raid", there were big "protests" against Scientology. The fact that people keep calling it a "raid" is pissing me off.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3543 on: February 11, 2008, 06:38:32 pm »
Yeah, that doesn't help.

I know it's some sort of mob thing ... but only because I just read (like 2 minutes ago) a story about something in Clearwater do I have an idea.  People protesting scientology I'm guessing?  (Since you were too busy belittling me to explain something simple)

Did you mean to quote me?  I'm not trying to be directly helpful in this specific situation.  I'm not forgiving enough to directly answer your question after crap like this. :P

Oh, incidentally, I saw a poster for "Anon vs. Scientology" somewhere on campus today.  I thought that was pretty funny.  There are Anonymous mountain men too! :D

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: February 11, 2008, 06:39:53 pm »
There was no Scientology "raid", there were big "protests" against Scientology. The fact that people keep calling it a "raid" is pissing me off.
Thanks.  Maybe Sidoh could learn something from you.

"Crap like this"?  The kid got arrested again and really, it isnt unexpected.  Why not post it?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3545 on: February 11, 2008, 06:43:48 pm »
"Crap like this"?  The kid got arrested again and really, it isnt unexpected.  Why not post it?

I'm referring specifically to this post.  Instead of answering the question directly, you said the people should look it up on Google and poke around on the forums to find related stuff.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3546 on: February 11, 2008, 06:57:46 pm »
Did you mean to quote me?  I'm not trying to be directly helpful in this specific situation.  I'm not forgiving enough to directly answer your question after crap like this. :P
Haha damnit, I totally forgot about that! If I'd remembered, I wouldn't have answered either. Oh well. :)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: February 11, 2008, 07:41:19 pm »

im going to ask you to calm down
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: February 11, 2008, 09:20:00 pm »

My google weather forecast predicted 13 F for today's temperature. So the newspaper I'm looking at online should predict around the same. Oh, it predicts 12 F. What an AMAZING event. It predicted something similar AGAIN. It isn't UNEXPECTED. So I am obviously obliged to make this post.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: February 11, 2008, 09:35:20 pm »

My google weather forecast predicted 13 F for today's temperature. So the newspaper I'm looking at online should predict around the same. Oh, it predicts 12 F. What an AMAZING event. It predicted something similar AGAIN. It isn't UNEXPECTED. So I am obviously obliged to make this post.

Black people go to jail, that's all I'm saying really ... I'm racist, what else would I say?

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: February 11, 2008, 11:01:37 pm »
You forgot the "drunk" and "redneck" parts, but I'll let that slide since it's all automatically in every post I make.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: February 11, 2008, 11:14:13 pm »

Black people go to jail, that's all I'm saying really ... I'm racist, what else would I say?

And other people don't go to jail?
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #3552 on: February 12, 2008, 06:41:25 am »
A scientology "raid" is when a bunch of bored people, probably during WoW's tuesday downtime, stand outside of the Church of Scientology (or whatever they call that place) with big signs that say "Honk if you hate Xenu!"
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3553 on: February 12, 2008, 08:07:21 am »
A scientology "raid" is when a bunch of bored people, probably during WoW's tuesday downtime, stand outside of the Church of Scientology (or whatever they call that place) with big signs that say "Honk if you hate Xenu!"
That isn't a raid, it's a protest.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: February 12, 2008, 09:55:08 am »
I have a cold I think :(.

Not fun