Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762199 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #3735 on: February 26, 2008, 07:24:28 pm »
That sucks. I'm still only taking freshman courses though, so my homework is usually just reading and Spanish...at least this semester. Last semester I actually had more assignments, but I'm taking 3 less credit hours this semester.
I'm not even "IN" college and I'm taking harder courses than you. No wonder you have time to go out and party and get wasted.
Too bad he'll probably end up making more than a large number of us, combined.

...except me, I'll be filthy rich.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: February 26, 2008, 07:57:54 pm »
That sucks. I'm still only taking freshman courses though, so my homework is usually just reading and Spanish...at least this semester. Last semester I actually had more assignments, but I'm taking 3 less credit hours this semester.
I'm not even "IN" college and I'm taking harder courses than you. No wonder you have time to go out and party and get wasted.

I don't see a problem.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3737 on: February 26, 2008, 07:58:05 pm »

We'll see. ;)

By the way, that wasn't a challenge.  I have very little interest in how much money someone will be making.  I'd have a very hard time having a conversation about that (because it's boring, not because I'd be frustrated).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 08:02:09 pm by Sidoh »

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: February 26, 2008, 08:35:44 pm »
I don't see a problem.
You don't find a problem with a junior in high school (albeit one going to a University) taking more challenging courses than a freshman in college?
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: February 26, 2008, 08:38:16 pm »
I don't see a problem.
You don't find a problem with a junior in high school (albeit one going to a University) taking more challenging courses than a freshman in college?

Re-read the sentence you quoted then ask yourself the question. In your head this time.

For someone taking so many classes you sure do lack comprehension skills.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3740 on: February 26, 2008, 08:39:18 pm »

Haha, no.  Maybe an average junior in high school, but not one such as yourself.

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #3741 on: February 26, 2008, 09:02:38 pm »

We'll see. ;)

By the way, that wasn't a challenge.  I have very little interest in how much money someone will be making.  I'd have a very hard time having a conversation about that (because it's boring, not because I'd be frustrated).

The money thing is tricky, sure making a lot of money is great.. but normally the jobs that really change America/the world don't pay all that well..
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: February 26, 2008, 09:10:12 pm »

We'll see. ;)

The money thing is tricky, sure making a lot of money is great.. but normally the jobs that really change America/the world don't pay all that well..

the objective is getting paid

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3743 on: February 26, 2008, 09:12:39 pm »

Haha, it's unfortunate, I guess, but as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I don't care all that much.

the objective is getting paid

That's definitely -- let me repeat: definitely -- not my objective.  It's clearly necessary to some degree, but I doubt it's something I'll have to worry about.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: February 26, 2008, 09:17:20 pm »
That's definitely -- let me repeat: definitely -- not my objective.  It's clearly necessary to some degree, but I doubt it's something I'll have to worry about.

how are you an american? the principals of this country are making more money and then stepping on the lower social classes.
at that point, we burn them with the ash from our cigars while humming the national anthem

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3745 on: February 26, 2008, 09:20:26 pm »
how are you an american? the principals of this country are making more money and then stepping on the lower social classes.
at that point, we burn them with the ash from our cigars while humming the national anthem

ad populum.

I don't care if that's what I'm "supposed to do."  It's not what interests me.  I don't say that to justify what I'm doing, either.  It really doesn't.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: February 26, 2008, 09:21:10 pm »
Re-read the sentence you quoted then ask yourself the question. In your head this time.

For someone taking so many classes you sure do lack comprehension skills.
3 less credit hours means nothing if the classes are difficult. I believe it was Sidoh who mentioned that credit hours can't really be used to measure any level of rigor nor work load. I know plenty of people in 10-12 credit hours that don't think of getting wasted every weekend because they usually have work to do. Also, judging from Trust's previous posts, I'm going to be guessing that he's got more of the same kind of classes, which, at the freshman level, are ridiculously easy, especially in comparison to the freshman math/science classes.

Haha, no.  Maybe an average junior in high school, but not one such as yourself.
Shhh. :P Off-topic, calc 2 midterm tomorrow.. I *finally* figured out how to practically apply the Sandwich Theorem to improper integrals to check for convergence/divergence, something which took a while to figure out and that my prof never explained very well.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3747 on: February 26, 2008, 09:25:55 pm »
I *finally* figured out how to practically apply the Sandwich Theorem to improper integrals to check for convergence/divergence, something which took a while to figure out and that my prof never explained very well.

Calc 2 was probably the most tedious math class I've taken at University.  I definitely think it was useful and I had fun (the professor touched on subjects outside of the curriculum), though.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: February 26, 2008, 09:26:29 pm »
3 less credit hours means nothing if the classes are difficult. I believe it was Sidoh who mentioned that credit hours can't really be used to measure any level of rigor nor work load. I know plenty of people in 10-12 credit hours that don't think of getting wasted every weekend because they usually have work to do. Also, judging from Trust's previous posts, I'm going to be guessing that he's got more of the same kind of classes, which, at the freshman level, are ridiculously easy, especially in comparison to the freshman math/science classes.

but what is the problem? other than you trying to boost your self esteem by getting a virtual pat on the back

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: February 26, 2008, 09:40:21 pm »

We'll see. ;)

Your JOB doesnt have to do ANY good ... look at Bill Gates.  But he's doing awesome stuff with the money.