Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762105 times)

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #3810 on: March 02, 2008, 05:14:01 pm »
There's a service run mostly by student volunteers here that offers free rides with no questions asked to people who call their number.  I believe you can get paid after a while, but most people just do it because of the hilarious experiences.  I guess most people who have done it have some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Except when someone yaks in your car. :(
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #3811 on: March 02, 2008, 05:44:44 pm »
There's a service run mostly by student volunteers here that offers free rides with no questions asked to people who call their number.  I believe you can get paid after a while, but most people just do it because of the hilarious experiences.  I guess most people who have done it have some pretty awesome stories to tell.

Haha, that's what I was thinking.  It'd be terrible to clean up.  :P
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3812 on: March 02, 2008, 05:51:03 pm »

Haha, yeah, that's definitely occurred to me.  I'm guessing the organization either pays the damages or provides a vehicle for them to drive.

trust

« Reply #3813 on: March 02, 2008, 06:07:48 pm »

Our school only has a little over 1000 people and everything is in walking distance unless you want a ride into town/neighboring school about 10 minutes away. That's what pledges are for, though.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3814 on: March 02, 2008, 06:19:34 pm »

Haha, yeah, that's definitely occurred to me.  I'm guessing the organization either pays the damages or provides a vehicle for them to drive.

We have programs here where they go out in pairs, and drive you home in your own car, then the second person picks up the first. I might volunteer for that next holiday season.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3815 on: March 02, 2008, 06:23:55 pm »
Our school only has a little over 1000 people and everything is in walking distance unless you want a ride into town/neighboring school about 10 minutes away. That's what pledges are for, though.

Yeah, our campus is in the middle of the city it's in.  There are 26,000 undergraduates and I think the city is something like 100,000 people.  There's a bar on campus and a bunch of fraternity houses around stuff near campus, but a lot of people go off campus to party and drink, I think (I wouldn't know first hand :)).

I'm not sure what the percentage is, but I'd guess that only ~10% of the people in my college (not university, college -- the college of natural sciences) are involved with "Greek Life."

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3816 on: March 02, 2008, 06:28:36 pm »
...involved with "Greek Life."
Have sex with children?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: March 02, 2008, 06:29:42 pm »
This poetry assignment is super gay. :(
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3818 on: March 02, 2008, 06:33:11 pm »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3819 on: March 02, 2008, 06:36:45 pm »
Have sex with children?

Haha. :P

Also funny that newby posted something about being gay less than a minute after my post, I was going to reply, "speaking of 'Greek Life'" but decided not to. :)

trust

« Reply #3820 on: March 02, 2008, 08:05:25 pm »
Back in it's heydey my school was over 70% Greek, but now it's somewhere around 40% I think.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: March 02, 2008, 09:04:37 pm »
Have sex with children?

Haha. :P

Also funny that newby posted something about being gay less than a minute after my post, I was going to reply, "speaking of 'Greek Life'" but decided not to. :)

You did post about it. iago, you sly dog, you. ;)
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: March 05, 2008, 12:55:08 am »
Lost our first game 11-12 in overtime. What's incredible about that is that we were down by 7 at the start of the 4th quarter (score was 3-10 them). Pole smokers couldn't handle us once we caught on fire. :(
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: March 05, 2008, 01:05:39 am »
Lost our first game 11-12 in overtime. What's incredible about that is that we were down by 7 at the start of the 4th quarter (score was 3-10 them). Pole smokers couldn't handle us once we caught on fire. :(
yup and i flat out laid about 2 guys out for that game. friggen epic. and i gave and assist to the assister :)

trust

« Reply #3824 on: March 05, 2008, 03:07:10 pm »
I can not wait for Spring Break. It is going to be one of the best experiences of my entire life, I'm fairly certain.