Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762043 times)

trust

Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #4620 on: May 24, 2008, 10:43:45 pm »
Downtown Atlanta is pretty sick. I'm seriously considering moving here after college and living here for a few years in my 20's, I think this city would be badass after you turn 21 and before you turn 30.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: May 25, 2008, 01:34:42 am »
So today I leave for the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana. Yet, my mind is not necessarily on my summer research but mostly on how I can take advantage of the 10 weeks I will be in a place I’ve never been before, do not know anyone, and may never step foot in ever again afterwards. As a result, I’ve realized that this is a great opportunity for me to intentionally step out of my comfort zone and try to improve some of the things that I dislike about myself, fully knowing that I will likely fail miserably at first or make a complete fool of myself.

Why? Because as I enter my senior year I’m starting to feel like I’ve really done only the bare minimum to improve myself socially. Albeit, compared to how I was in High School I’ve definitely “blossomed” so my boss Kim would say. But I’m beginning to feel like it isn’t enough. In truth, I’ve only focused on improving my socials skills in areas that I felt were the most necessary to succeed- academics and the workplace/job. However, as I enter my last year of undergrad I’m starting to regret putting forth so much half-heartedness in improving myself socially overall, which has caused me to not be very socially well-rounded.

It’s ironic because I did have an opportunity two years ago that I could have taken advantage of but did not, where some of my friends and former roommates came up with the idea of getting me laid- they even created a Facebook group with the sole mission of turning me into a party animal, lol. This opportunity would have served as a good fake cover for me to take a few blows to my self esteem and learn to improve myself in one area where I am the most socially inept- the opposite sex :P.

In all honesty, my friends put forth a valiant effort and I appreciate the thought, but in my mind I never really took the whole thing seriously. I did what I always did up to that point in this area of my social life and gave a half-hearted effort. I wasn’t willing to step across the invisible line separating getting hurt and not getting hurt, as I tend to avoid taking unnecessary risks that may lead to rejection or failure.

Anyways, there is no better motivator than yourself. That's why I've decided to start with the basics and use some of the advice my friends have given me, i.e. smiling and saying hello to a random stranger at least once a day. I should stop worrying about failing and making a fool of myself, because hey, even though it ain’t Vegas- what happens in Indiana stays in Indiana right?
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4622 on: May 25, 2008, 02:34:09 am »
So today I leave for the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana. Yet, my mind is not necessarily on my summer research but mostly on how I can take advantage of the 10 weeks I will be in a place I’ve never been before, do not know anyone, and may never step foot in ever again afterwards. As a result, I’ve realized that this is a great opportunity for me to intentionally step out of my comfort zone and try to improve some of the things that I dislike about myself, fully knowing that I will likely fail miserably at first or make a complete fool of myself.

Why? Because as I enter my senior year I’m starting to feel like I’ve really done only the bare minimum to improve myself socially. Albeit, compared to how I was in High School I’ve definitely “blossomed” so my boss Kim would say. But I’m beginning to feel like it isn’t enough. In truth, I’ve only focused on improving my socials skills in areas that I felt were the most necessary to succeed- academics and the workplace/job. However, as I enter my last year of undergrad I’m starting to regret putting forth so much half-heartedness in improving myself socially overall, which has caused me to not be very socially well-rounded.

It’s ironic because I did have an opportunity two years ago that I could have taken advantage of but did not, where some of my friends and former roommates came up with the idea of getting me laid- they even created a Facebook group with the sole mission of turning me into a party animal, lol. This opportunity would have served as a good fake cover for me to take a few blows to my self esteem and learn to improve myself in one area where I am the most socially inept- the opposite sex :P.

In all honesty, my friends put forth a valiant effort and I appreciate the thought, but in my mind I never really took the whole thing seriously. I did what I always did up to that point in this area of my social life and gave a half-hearted effort. I wasn’t willing to step across the invisible line separating getting hurt and not getting hurt, as I tend to avoid taking unnecessary risks that may lead to rejection or failure.

Anyways, there is no better motivator than yourself. That's why I've decided to start with the basics and use some of the advice my friends have given me, i.e. smiling and saying hello to a random stranger at least once a day. I should stop worrying about failing and making a fool of myself, because hey, even though it ain’t Vegas- what happens in Indiana stays in Indiana right?
I agree, to a point. I force myself to be more social on a regular basis, although I do it for myself, not for others. Just be careful walking that line, that you're doing what you're doing for you, and nobody else. Don't do something you really don't want because others want you to, that's where problems start.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #4623 on: May 25, 2008, 04:21:14 am »
Downtown Atlanta is pretty sick. I'm seriously considering moving here after college and living here for a few years in my 20's, I think this city would be badass after you turn 21 and before you turn 30.

lol @ u for being under 21... bahahahah fucking underage pledges... come do my dishes
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

trust

« Reply #4624 on: May 25, 2008, 10:57:29 am »
@Michael: How can you fail at saying hello to someone? That's a reason why Longwood sucks, people just walk by and never acknowledge people they pass.

lol @ u for being under 21... bahahahah fucking underage pledges... come do my dishes

pledgings over so fuck you

going to the braves game today so look for me if anyone watches it. lexus level visitors side.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 10:59:09 am by Trust »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: May 25, 2008, 11:01:56 am »
Curious, Michael: did you write that originally for school, another forum, or us?

It sounds like something out of an essay. :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: May 25, 2008, 12:01:10 pm »
How hard is it to be social? People are fun you know!
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline skip

• mmk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: May 25, 2008, 05:25:10 pm »
I had a fun weekend.

My friend and I rented out a hotel for the weekend, Friday to Sunday morning. We had about two 24-packs of beer, a fifth of vodka, and of course, about a quarter of weed. All that was gone the first night. There were about 10 people there and all that was gone. lol. People refer to me as the "tank." I had about 15 beers along with 6 shots of vodka with some weed and was still perfectly fine. If you drink a lot and smoke weed, you minimize your hangover the next morning. FYI.  :)

@Newby: I am the master of beer pong. I was on a team with this girl, and me and her totally destroyed everyone. There was one game where every time we went, we made it in. :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: May 25, 2008, 05:50:00 pm »
Fucks

Friday night:
I go to bed at 11 cause I am gonna get up at 5 to go to the lake.  I stopped drinking (and it wasnt heavy) at 930.  Around 1 I woke up feeling ill (pizza + beer + burger = me having an upset stomach).  My room mate gets back with his new fuck-buddy around 130-2.  They talk in the living room LOUDLY.  They go to his room :( [cuz I can hear stuff, if you know what I mean].  I hit the bathroom to vomit and sit in the warm shower.  I get out and hear them gettin' it on :(.  They fall asleep around 320.  I FINALLY fell asleep around 4.

Saturday:
Up at 8.  Nothing to eat so I have two small fruit cups.  I hit Wal Mart for snacks, water, and beer (goin' to the lake).  I get bagels and bananas too.  I ate 1/2 a bagel on the way up to the lake.  I get there at 1030 but no one is answering their phone :(.  I drive around an hour, finally they call me.  30 minutes later I find the place.

At the cabin is a dude I know, drunk as HELL.  My friend, Gus, convinces thi guy, DJ, to stay at the cabin to sober up while we're on the houseboat.  We leave.  A while later we see THREE ambulances and two ranger trucks pull up.  Crap!  DJ passed out on the side of the street sprawled out with beer around him.  There is an awesome picture, I'll post it if I get it.  The rangers dropped him off at the Circle K about 10 miles away.  He called Gus but Gus didnt answer as we had bad cell reception on the lake.  The voicemail was: "Come get me.  I'm at the Circle K.  Take a right, and a right, then a right, and a right."  He hitch hiked back and ended up on the shore arms up staring at us saying "What the fuck am I supposed to do!?"  We took him to a hotel later.

Once we were back on land I picked up drinking (I drank on the house boat, but not much or fast).  I drank a lot too quick, especially for not eating.  I don't remember 7 'til pass out time.  I DO remember holding my sleeping bag as I was about to walk to my truck to pass out in the back seat, but people told me to stay.  They wouldn't tell me where I should sleep, just to stay at the cabin.

While in bed I heard a dude's mom and her horny boyfriend talking.  He kept wanting some :(.  That was not good that we were all in that room (it was them, me, and about 6 other friends).

Sunday:
I'm talkin with Gus and notice this crusted something on my shorts.  He said I spilled beans a lot last night.  Later that morning when I went to change into a clean shirt I realized I was already wearing it.  The shirt I pulled out of my bag was covered in beans, ha.

We picked up DJ.  He said he called Gus that morning and left a message saying "Uhm, dude, can I come back?  I'm bored." hahahaha!

Yeah, I won't do that not eating and then drinking thing again.  At least I woke up with out a hang over!

trust

« Reply #4629 on: May 25, 2008, 07:25:33 pm »
fuck the Diamondbacks.

oh well, at least I got unlimited free beer.  ;D

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: May 26, 2008, 12:34:19 am »
DJ before being taken away:

DJ after hitch hiking back from the Circle K:

Me eating/spilling beans I don't remember.  I woke up and my "clean shirt" that I had in my bag was some how covered in beans ???:

Me passed out on friends (who look thrilled about it):

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: May 26, 2008, 02:44:12 am »
Me eating/spilling beans I don't remember.  I woke up and my "clean shirt" that I had in my bag was some how covered in beans ???:
you look like a serious alcoholic/dope head in the picture lolol
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4632 on: May 26, 2008, 05:31:49 am »
That is fucking win, CrAz3D. :)
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

trust

« Reply #4633 on: May 26, 2008, 08:52:01 am »
haha CrAz3D, Hitmen is right.

--

So we're leaving Georgia today, :( . The Braves game was fun, but they lost which sucked. With our seats we had this BBQ Buffet and unlimited Bud/Bud Light on tap so my dad and I did some damage on the free beer.

Last night we were going to go to Emeril's restaurant in Atlanta because my mom is a big fan of Emeril. I went on their website and booked reservations for 9:30 and we get there and it no longer exists. Apparently it closed at the end of April and they just decided to keep the website up and not mention it closing. We spent like 45 minutes looking for it. We found another pretty good restaurant though, so that was good since we didn't have reservations.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: May 26, 2008, 12:12:01 pm »
you look like a serious alcoholic/dope head in the picture lolol
Alcoholic.  Again, I hadn't eaten much of anything that day.  I got fuckin' toasted, I guess.  I've NEVER blacked out like that before, makes me worry a little.