Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1781828 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #5025 on: June 27, 2008, 11:57:39 am »
Haha, nah. My student housing deposit failed, so I was checking what they sent me.

I have an excuse if I have to go back into service: the phone was in my pocket. I've got hyperhidrosis (sp?) where I sweat excessively, and the last phone I had would randomly bug out when I was sweating and it was in my pocket. So, it makes sense this one would too at some point!

(And my dock area has always been fucked up, so whatever.)

And if they don't offer to replace it for free, I'll just buy 2nd gen iPhone when it comes out. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

trust

« Reply #5026 on: June 27, 2008, 04:37:02 pm »
1st week of camps over. :(

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: June 27, 2008, 06:23:49 pm »
Outside of the antenna causing interference on the microphone and the random "this device is not made for the iphone" bug, my phone works fine. And my sensor wasn't triggered so they can't claim shit initially. I guess I can bring it into service tomorrow and see what the deal is.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: June 27, 2008, 07:05:20 pm »
What kind of sensor?  Water?

I'm leaving for camping in an hour, wooooo!  Good thing I've had the equivalent of 6 shots of whiskey already!  Whiskey and cola will put me RIGHT to sleep on the 3.5-4 hr drive out there.

trust

« Reply #5029 on: June 27, 2008, 07:07:43 pm »
gl hf dd

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: June 27, 2008, 07:12:53 pm »
is that 'dont die' or 'drink drink!'?

haha

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: June 27, 2008, 08:04:22 pm »
Adios you sumbitches!  have a good weekend!

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5032 on: June 28, 2008, 02:29:47 am »
is that 'dont die' or 'drink drink!'?

haha

Don't die.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: June 28, 2008, 12:30:51 pm »
Bringing my phone to Apple today to see what's up. Maybe they'll fix for free (minus the diagnostic fee of course...) or I'll end up buying a new one at $200. :|
- Newby

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: June 28, 2008, 02:37:08 pm »

[snip]

short version: I'm quitting pot and x86 forums.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 06:51:58 pm by truste1 »
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: June 28, 2008, 02:39:42 pm »
Your self-enlightening thoughts? Your stoned thoughts?

Either way, you'll be missed buddy. And hopefully you're still around on AIM so we can talk from time to time. :(

P.S. we'll probably just reinstate your account from a backup. :0
- Newby

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: June 28, 2008, 02:49:22 pm »
Your self-enlightening thoughts? Your stoned thoughts?

yeah I guess but I also think they're one in the same. I think this kind of started after the last bag I bought (maybe this stuff is just really intense?) but I was at my buddies roommates beach house, and they were both at work so I just sat on the deck stoned most of the day. I watched the birds fly around and had a really intense appreciation for the birds flight patterns and everything I was seeing, but at the same time as I watched people parasailing and cars driving by I felt as if life was just kind of passing me by when I was baked. this probably isn't a good feeling.

at the same time while many of the people here are great, this doesn't represent reality at all. My experiences on the forums have been reduced to just trying to piss people off and even that's gotten kind of boring. I just feel I need to get back in touch with the real world, not the one altered by drugs or by the internet. At the same time I know I'll do drugs again, I just don't want it to be a regular thing anymore.

and yeah I'll be on AIM
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: June 28, 2008, 02:56:49 pm »
HSC.  Officially the pothead school.  Just kidding.

On a serious note, depression is a really bad thing.  And if you feel like you're starting to feel depressed more than normally, try to recognize when you should seek help.  I don't know if it's to that point yet, but if you feel like you are unable to quit on your own and feel like its pulling you farther down a path you don't want to go, seek help.

I had a psychological dependence on sleeping pills for most of my teenage years.  I was first prescribed them to help me sleep, and after years of taking them I just thought to myself that I needed them in order to sleep.  Whenever I did not take them for a day or two I swore to myself that I couldn't sleep and usually pulled an all nighter at those times.  However, it was just until last semester (well winter break) that I realized that I did not need them and that I felt that I needed them to feel a certain way (sleepy or relaxed)... in reality it was all psychological, in that I took the opportunity during winter break to finally settle once and for all whether it was all in my head or not.  I'm doing fine now, it just takes me an hour or two to fall sleep (unless I'm exhausted or have had alcohol :P) instead of popping a pill and passing out into sleep.

Anyways, you've always been a nice guy to me and I'll miss having someone on these forums who's from VA and relatively close to me in vicinity, even though I don't know you IRL. =\
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 03:06:38 pm by while1 »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: June 28, 2008, 03:07:02 pm »
I'm confident that it's because of the drug. During the days I didn't smoke, I felt great. I really like my job and enjoyed it each day, I had two lacrosse games during those 4 days, and just felt really active and whatnot. Thursday night I decided to smoke, and the cycle kind of started again...Friday I was more tired than usual and I was a lot more irritable when it came to the kids. (this can be attributed to me/them being tired from the week, but still...) I do know that during the days I wasn't smoking everything in life seemed a lot better, with no associated guilt or anything. I think that's worth more than a couple hours of increased musical appreciation.

Also I only have a little bit left, and once that's gone (either throwing it away or smoking it) I shouldn't have a problem quitting. I am reluctant to throw my pipe away (it was like $45) but I think I'm going to have to. Smoking for me is a kind of out-of-sight, out-of-mind thing...if I don't have it I'm not going to actively try to get it.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: June 28, 2008, 03:13:46 pm »
I'm confident that it's because of the drug. During the days I didn't smoke, I felt great. I really like my job and enjoyed it each day, I had two lacrosse games during those 4 days, and just felt really active and whatnot. Thursday night I decided to smoke, and the cycle kind of started again...Friday I was more tired than usual and I was a lot more irritable when it came to the kids. (this can be attributed to me/them being tired from the week, but still...) I do know that during the days I wasn't smoking everything in life seemed a lot better, with no associated guilt or anything. I think that's worth more than a couple hours of increased musical appreciation.

Also I only have a little bit left, and once that's gone (either throwing it away or smoking it) I shouldn't have a problem quitting. I am reluctant to throw my pipe away (it was like $45) but I think I'm going to have to. Smoking for me is a kind of out-of-sight, out-of-mind thing...if I don't have it I'm not going to actively try to get it.
Yeah, it's probably best to get rid of all the smoking paraphernalia.  $45 is ultimately of much lesser value than your mental health, and unless it was like signed by a famous pot user like Bob Marley or something... money and material things can always be replaced easily.  Other things cannot be.

But you know, realization of a problem is the first step to recovery, and you seem to have a good grasp on how your habit has been making you feel and has changed your life.  I hope you come back when things are straighted out in your life.  After all, although I wasn't here or even know the guy, supposedly StaiN ran into substance abuse and has since come back after his life has gotten back in order.

I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org