Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1761956 times)

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #5085 on: July 02, 2008, 05:05:54 pm »
no not really
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: July 02, 2008, 05:13:03 pm »
ys rly.

ps: cant wait to go!

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: July 02, 2008, 05:20:37 pm »
ys rly.

can't wait either

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: July 02, 2008, 05:21:18 pm »
ys rly.

can't wait either

Yeah, seriously. More drama to comment on!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: July 02, 2008, 05:28:45 pm »
ys rly.

can't wait either

Yeah, seriously. More drama to comment on!

I took dramamine one time for car sickness ... didnt work.  I was sitting in the middle of the back seat of my dad's truck when we were driving down a windy road returning from a back packing trip.  The turns made me ill and I blew chunks.  I was sad to see my oatmeal go.

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #5090 on: July 02, 2008, 05:33:30 pm »
Since Trust isn't filling the desire these days I figured I'd start posting about my troubles.

So there is this chick I like, and I *think* she likes me back but its not really been confirmed. This is all well and cool but my friend keeps leading her on like he likes her (and being much more vocal about it) but he says he doesn't really want her. The problem is that his being a douche is preventing me from getting in her pants, how do I fix this?!

Aside from like killing him...
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: July 02, 2008, 05:38:55 pm »
Last night friends and I played poker.  Not too many people, but a good time.  One of the friends there is currently, err was recently, fucking my room mate (the one interning at Drexel now).  In the last MONTH of my room mate cheating on his ex and screwing this new chick he's become a completely different dude.

We used to try to egg him on, get him to drink and all ... but he never would.  NOW we get all of these stories about him and other drunk engineers walking(stumbling) down some river in Philly screaming at each other "don't fall in!" "no, you dont fall in!" and "where the fuck are we going!?"  "to the place with the lights!"

I had no idea a woman could destroy your life like my friend.  His ex was an honest-to-God ball and chain.  I should sleep with her just to make a point (what point that is escapes me at the moment).  Room mate is now way cool!  Yay for the liberation of Ted!  (there was a Facebook group entitled "Liberate Ted" created with the common notion that Ted needed to drop his ex.)
Falling into the Schuylkill usually leads to death.

Speaking of ambling around drunk, last Friday me and a bunch of friends got wasted and went to see Get Smart (awesome movie, btw!)  It was my friend's 21st, so we did jager bombs and Irish car bombs, on top of 4 pitchers.  After get smart we bought 4 cases of Coors Light (sucked) and played Asshole for 4 hours, which ended up with 3 people puking.  Anyway, after Asshole we went ambling around, eventually making our way to 7-11 at 3 in the morning.  On the way back, while we were being loud and obnoxious, some other drunk people inside a house shouted "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!", to which I replied "That's what she said!"  Everybody inside the house started cracking up, and then so did we.  It was awesome.

Also, there were 6 hobos outside 7-11, and one of my buddies almost bashed one in the face with the door.  That was cool.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: July 02, 2008, 05:48:35 pm »
Since Trust isn't filling the desire these days I figured I'd start posting about my troubles.

So there is this chick I like, and I *think* she likes me back but its not really been confirmed. This is all well and cool but my friend keeps leading her on like he likes her (and being much more vocal about it) but he says he doesn't really want her. The problem is that his being a douche is preventing me from getting in her pants, how do I fix this?!

Code: [Select]
Let's Hear It! thread quality control check:
[ ] alcohol/intoxication
[x] friends getting you in trouble/causing you trouble
[x] girls
[ ] party mishap
[ ] sexual acts/cheating/adultery committed
[ ] police/trouble with the law

Keep trying zorm! I act like that but girls don't think I like them (I think... I'm bad at reading women). You should be fine... show more interest in her than he does. The indirect method works pretty well too. Just ignore her and see what happens. Draw her to you! :)

On a personal level, I'm considering buying a 15" MacBook Pro (discounted 30% at macmall.com for a 15" 2.4 GHz 2GB 160GB HD 256MB DDR3 VRAM model) and sticking Vista on it. I dunno, though.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #5093 on: July 02, 2008, 06:06:23 pm »
Code: [Select]
Let's Hear It! thread quality control check:
[ ] alcohol/intoxication
[x] friends getting you in trouble/causing you trouble
[x] girls
[ ] party mishap
[ ] sexual acts/cheating/adultery committed
[ ] police/trouble with the law

Keep trying zorm! I act like that but girls don't think I like them (I think... I'm bad at reading women). You should be fine... show more interest in her than he does. The indirect method works pretty well too. Just ignore her and see what happens. Draw her to you! :)

Sorry my first attempt at story telling didn't go well, I'll include all the details and you can rerank it.

So we were drinking at her place and I was laying on the floor. She decided it looked like fun to stand on me and I susquently 'tackled' her to the floor. At this point shes basically cuddling me, but then Sir. Douchebag has to go and pull her away.

Did I mention hes pretty much a state cop?

On a personal level, I'm considering buying a 15" MacBook Pro (discounted 30% at macmall.com for a 15" 2.4 GHz 2GB 160GB HD 256MB DDR3 VRAM model) and sticking Vista on it. I dunno, though.

Get a Dell... or a Thinkpad, no reason to get a MacBook just to stick Vista on it!
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #5094 on: July 02, 2008, 06:07:21 pm »
if you're just going to stick vista on it, why not get a dell or something for half the price, and quite possibly much better. my dell laptop is about a year and a half old and it has all of those specs.

edit: fck u zorm
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: July 02, 2008, 06:16:09 pm »

Take her out, be more aggressive.  Grow some lightning balls or whateverthefuck.

Speaking of ambling around drunk, last Friday me and a bunch of friends got wasted and went to see Get Smart (awesome movie, btw!)  It was my friend's 21st, so we did jager bombs and Irish car bombs, on top of 4 pitchers.  After get smart we bought 4 cases of Coors Light (sucked) and played Asshole for 4 hours, which ended up with 3 people puking.  Anyway, after Asshole we went ambling around, eventually making our way to 7-11 at 3 in the morning.  On the way back, while we were being loud and obnoxious, some other drunk people inside a house shouted "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!", to which I replied "That's what she said!"  Everybody inside the house started cracking up, and then so did we.  It was awesome.

Also, there were 6 hobos outside 7-11, and one of my buddies almost bashed one in the face with the door.  That was cool.

I love stupid drunk moments.  Those are the best.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #5096 on: July 02, 2008, 06:20:36 pm »
I'd have to agree; I'm definitely a mac fan for laptops (see: topics in trash can :P), but if you don't plan on using OSX, it's a waste. I hear good things about IBMs, but I'd advise staying away from Dells. All of my friends from real life that have Dell laptops have bad things to say about them.

[edit] Just thought I'd add why OSX is great for laptops: great user interface for when you're without a mouse! Using the trackpad in OSX is incredibly simple; the OS has native support for gestures (two-finger tap = right click, two finger slide = scroll wheel, etc). This is all actually done in software: You can throw OSx86 on any laptop with a Synaptic touch pad and get the gestures, though driver support is pretty hit-or-miss.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 06:23:44 pm by Camel »

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: July 02, 2008, 06:56:39 pm »
Or, you could get a Dell with Ubuntu on it and stick Vista on it, especially considering how much Apple charges for upgrades.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: July 02, 2008, 06:57:33 pm »
Dell got pwn3d in court the other day, I giggle.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: July 02, 2008, 08:17:02 pm »
Fucking hell.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org