Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1761857 times)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #5175 on: July 07, 2008, 11:31:40 pm »
Heh Heh, Ford.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: July 07, 2008, 11:58:34 pm »
Fucking piece of shit truck died in an intersection today.  Damn idle is wacky when the AC is on so it dies.  Also, the seam where the air bag is supposed to break out on my steering wheel is cracked.  Finally, my driver's side window switch isn't working properly (barley works at all).
ohh that sucks have you checked the timing belt/ distributor? and for the window check the wiring ( if you know how to open your door panel)

The idle, I suspect, is my after market tuner.  I emailed the 'programmer' and should have new tunes soon.

The window:  It was the rocker switch.  There is a little prong that pushes the metal rocker/contact.  The prong wore down (stupid plastic POS).  Fucking new cars.

Fucking piece of shit truck died in an intersection today.  Damn idle is wacky when the AC is on so it dies.  Also, the seam where the air bag is supposed to break out on my steering wheel is cracked.  Finally, my driver's side window switch isn't working properly (barley works at all).
Cause could be lots of things, but the bottom line seems to be that the engine at idle doesn't have enough power to run the AC; try giving it some gas while it's idling?
Electronic throttle control so new tunes should solve it (God I hope).

I was the only person there who did not drink.  The last time that happened was probably about three years ago.

This is why CrAz3D slept on the couch and not in her bed.
She had <1.5 Smirnoff Raspberry Bursts ... I dont want to drink cause I dont want to fuck up what chances I have with her.  Sure she's a 3 hr drive away and I spent $140 on gas to get up there and back, but I really like this girl (crush on her since Junior year of high school [4yrs ago])

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #5177 on: July 08, 2008, 02:34:27 am »
Cause could be lots of things, but the bottom line seems to be that the engine at idle doesn't have enough power to run the AC; try giving it some gas while it's idling?
Electronic throttle control so new tunes should solve it (God I hope).
Whoa; I wouldn't have expected the SCL on an e-throttle to let the revs drop under *any* conditions. If I put it in third and drop the clutch, the turbo spools really fast from all the gas the computer dumps in the engine. It will still stall, but that's only because it's an impossible situation for the computer to recover from. It may be that there's an upper bound, in your case, for the throttle position at "idle," and that upper bound is too low to satisfy the demand on the engine, in which case a tune will fix it, but the easy way to verify is to give it some gas! Also, you should consider a tune to be a bandaid, not a fix; there's a reason your car's stalling, and it's not because your AC compressor all of a sudden got really hard to spin. Actually, that could be it; when was the last time you had your AC serviced?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 02:39:40 am by Camel »

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: July 08, 2008, 10:09:34 am »
When I talked to the guy he said some people had issues with tunes while running the AC.  I'll see based on that.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: July 08, 2008, 01:15:26 pm »
sooooooooooooooooooooo, I'm like super freakin excited talkin to chick(Stacey) .... jittery-ing-ness going on and all.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: July 08, 2008, 01:26:54 pm »
sooooooooooooooooooooo, I'm like super freakin excited talkin to chick(Stacey) .... jittery-ing-ness going on and all.

Be sure not to reveal your true self.  She would not like you for who you really are.

Glad I could help

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: July 08, 2008, 02:56:41 pm »
Crazed, there's always a possibility that your ecu is fine and that your fuel injectors could be getting a little gunked up.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: July 08, 2008, 03:56:21 pm »
I'm fairly sure that, per my book, I don't need to do that yet.  I'll look into doing it anyway.
I've got a lot of maintenance coming up to do that's gonna cost an arm and a leg.  Tires, tranny fluid check, I should replace rear axle seal and finally, the upper a-arms both have ripped boots over the ball joints (also, they're too short and I should find aftermarket ones ... my alignment is fucked with these stock ones).  oooooh!  I need a new tierod on the driver's side, offroading killed it.

Be sure not to reveal your true self.  She would not like you for who you really are.

Glad I could help
Appreciated, but too late.  She's known me for 6 years.  Hasnt experienced my drinking but knows MANY stories that are not exactly flattering, yet she still talks to me.

My drinking has been curbed recently, especially since/around her as I don't want to be an ass and fuck it all up.  I really like this girl.  Many cliche things have happened, but it makes me happy.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #5183 on: July 08, 2008, 04:33:16 pm »
If you assume the computer's controlling the throttle properly, then it means that the throttle is wide before it stalls. The car would lurch forward, and then lurch backwards violently -- probably hard enough to cause whiplash. You would definitely notice that - not to mention there'd be clouds of black smoke shooting out of the tail pipe, backfiring, etc.

That's not to say that the ECU is the root problem, simply that it's not controlling the throttle properly for whatever else is going on. Gunky fuel injectors could be throwing the computer off, as could about a million other things. Unless I'm wrong, a tune will definitely be a suitable bandaid.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: July 08, 2008, 04:39:59 pm »

Glad I could help

girls like guys that can have fun. I think CrAz3D can have fun. She likes CrAz3D.

you were wrong.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: July 08, 2008, 04:57:34 pm »
If you assume the computer's controlling the throttle properly, then it means that the throttle is wide before it stalls. The car would lurch forward, and then lurch backwards violently -- probably hard enough to cause whiplash. You would definitely notice that - not to mention there'd be clouds of black smoke shooting out of the tail pipe, backfiring, etc.

That's not to say that the ECU is the root problem, simply that it's not controlling the throttle properly for whatever else is going on. Gunky fuel injectors could be throwing the computer off, as could about a million other things. Unless I'm wrong, a tune will definitely be a suitable bandaid.

I know a dude that's a mechanic for Range Rover, he said it's probably just the aftermarket tuning.  Those should be in soon .... I HOPE!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: July 09, 2008, 10:46:14 am »
Total time logged in: 69 days, 0 minutes.

Yeah!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: July 09, 2008, 11:09:09 am »
Time for a new acct for you

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5188 on: July 09, 2008, 11:51:03 am »
So uh... want me to restore your old account yet? :P

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: July 09, 2008, 11:57:09 am »

Glad I could help

girls like guys that can have fun. I think CrAz3D can have fun. She likes CrAz3D.

you were wrong.

i think it's cute you defend crazed
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling