Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1761968 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #5265 on: July 14, 2008, 07:25:45 pm »
Get that job Troost!

rabbit: PM me a link to your profile and I'll add you? :)

As it turns out, a Cisco Catalyst managed switch can't replace your router. My dad found that out the hard way: stubbornness and lack of research. :|
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #5266 on: July 14, 2008, 09:00:07 pm »
As it turns out, a Cisco Catalyst managed switch can't replace your router. My dad found that out the hard way: stubbornness and lack of research. :|

Naivety FTL!

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: July 15, 2008, 01:07:55 pm »
Wooo hoo.

"Camping" this weekend:
A friend will be in town (he's been in town a lot lately, weird) so we're headed towards the US-Mexico border to camp out at Killbourne Hole.  This is the place where Coyotes smuggle Mexicans into the US.  The hole, though, is supposed to be an amazing geological feature.  I haven't seen it before.  Last time my friends were camping out there they were shot at by Coyotes.  I'm taking guns ... guns and many bullets.
Map of the hole:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=kilbourne+hole&sll=35.08413,-106.64863&sspn=0.412987,0.601501&ie=UTF8&cd=1&ll=31.971641,-106.961474&spn=0.026758,0.037594&t=h&z=15

Texas trip next week:
23rd:  Drive to Dallas, kick it uptown, maybe visit SMU campus and other pointlessly fancy places
24th:  Drive to Waco, check out Baylor University.  Eat at Chuy's
25th:  Drive to Austin, check out UT.  Dinner with family that live there.  Get drunk on 6th Street!
26th:  Back to Cruces.

Round trip is < 1000, but that's before in-town driving around.  Should be, I figure at most, about $260 in gas, $80/night for hotel, and then whatever for food and drink.  I'd like to take a car just to cut gas in HALF (maybe), but I also want to see what my truck does on a long trip.  The truck will probably end up going.  I can get about 19mpg if I baby it, and since I'm going through the flat lands of Texas where the eyes of the Ranger are upon me, I figure on getting pretty good mileage hovering around 75mph's.

Boss is leaving:
Boss takes off for his annual beach trip this Friday, he will return August 4.  Work will be hella boring, I need a book.  I have two books I've started (one I cant remember and one about George W., but non-fiction), but I'd really like to start Brother Karamazov.  i loved Crime and Punishment and hear that Brothers Karamazov is supposed to be his best work.

Stacey is headed to Spain:
I will be calling her tonight to rant about Hellboy 2 sucking majorly and just chit chat about random crap for a short while.  Will call again Thursday to see how her p-word (physics) test went.  While talking with her on Sunday (I'm actually glad I missed 45 minutes of Hellboy during the phone convo, the movie sounded lame during that time) she said I should go up again :D.  Me = WAY WAY WAY excited.  I likes her, but at the same time must convince myself that nothing will come of it as I don't know WTF I'm doing come Spring 09 and she's in Italy all Spring semester (what is with me getting involved with chicks right before they take off for a semester?).  If Baylor Law falls through I'll most likely end up in ABQ at UNM ... cloud with silver lining?

Was that some good posting for you, iago?

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: July 15, 2008, 01:25:43 pm »
I likes her, but at the same time must convince myself that nothing will come of it as I don't know WTF I'm doing come Spring 09 and she's in Italy all Spring semester (what is with me getting involved with chicks right before they take off for a semester?). 
Yeah that sucks, but I'm in the same boat. Girl I'm talking to applied to law school in Florida and California.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: July 15, 2008, 01:40:56 pm »
My current approach is "whatever, just go with the flow, have fun for 6+ months and then see."  If we really do hit it off, who knows.  my room mate has been seeing this chick he met on a trip to Italy last summer.  She is in Illinois, very near St Louis though.  He's been out there twice, about to make it thrice.  She'll be here for the second time on August 9, then he's back out there for Thanksgiving.

I just know that when I do see/talk to her it's nice.

Word on the job yet?

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: July 15, 2008, 01:58:03 pm »
apparently they were sucking up to the counselors this morning in the staff meeting, brought them breakfast and gave everyone their hours back. My assumption is that if they're reworking it so that all of the currently-employed counselors are back to their full hours, there aren't enough leftover for me. I was told I'd know the decision around noon, and it's almost 2...so it's not looking too good. In an hour and 15 minutes I'm supposed to go in and talk to the physical disability camp people about working there, so Ill find out then I guess.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: July 15, 2008, 03:15:12 pm »
Good luck...

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: July 15, 2008, 06:08:35 pm »
They want me to start on Monday for the physical disability camp, but I really don't want to. If regular camp doesn't work out though, I'll take it.

They gave out feedback cards to the counselors this morning, I know of at least 4 people that put they need to rehire me. The girl that I like filled the card front/back. I talked to everyone when I was there today, and people are pulling for me. Kids are even asking where I am.

I am employed for the rest of the week because one of the shadows quit, so one of the counselors proposed the idea of me filling in at least for the next 3 days. It comes from a separate budget so they can't use that excuse. Shadow's are just counselors that only deal with one problem child and help them interact when they're in regular camp, the one I'm with is just really really hyper and runs everywhere I guess. So, it's a foot back in the door.

Also, there's a $2000 budget to boost counselor morale. Today they brought in donuts for the staff meeting and gave everyone goody bags with candy and $5 gift cards to Wawa. Several people thought they could have put that money towards bringing me back, which would actually boost morale because people wouldn't be upset I was fired and they wouldn't feel as understaffed. The girl that I like even said that on her comment card.

Hopefully the lady sees the error she made and brings me back, but at least I've bought myself 3 days.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: July 15, 2008, 06:12:57 pm »

Naivety FTL!

Well, a Cisco Catalyst 3560 could replace our router. The one we have can't!

(zorm mentioned layer 3, I looked it up, apparently it can, just gotta spend $700 more :))

--

My friend drove out from SD yesterday, so we went picking up chicks today. It was unsuccessful as there were none. But my friend's cousin got a backrub from some girl but it was in an attempt to sell him some heated massage pillow... hah.

We're picking up chicks later, and then we're hitting up the water park tomorrow.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: July 15, 2008, 06:20:24 pm »
They want me to start on Monday for the physical disability camp, but I really don't want to. If regular camp doesn't work out though, I'll take it.

They gave out feedback cards to the counselors this morning, I know of at least 4 people that put they need to rehire me. The girl that I like filled the card front/back. I talked to everyone when I was there today, and people are pulling for me. Kids are even asking where I am.

I am employed for the rest of the week because one of the shadows quit, so one of the counselors proposed the idea of me filling in at least for the next 3 days. It comes from a separate budget so they can't use that excuse. Shadow's are just counselors that only deal with one problem child and help them interact when they're in regular camp, the one I'm with is just really really hyper and runs everywhere I guess. So, it's a foot back in the door.

Also, there's a $2000 budget to boost counselor morale. Today they brought in donuts for the staff meeting and gave everyone goody bags with candy and $5 gift cards to Wawa. Several people thought they could have put that money towards bringing me back, which would actually boost morale because people wouldn't be upset I was fired and they wouldn't feel as understaffed. The girl that I like even said that on her comment card.

Hopefully the lady sees the error she made and brings me back, but at least I've bought myself 3 days.

have you asked her out yet?!

My friend drove out from SD yesterday, so we went picking up chicks today. It was unsuccessful as there were none. But my friend's cousin got a backrub from some girl but it was in an attempt to sell him some heated massage pillow... hah.

We're picking up chicks later, and then we're hitting up the water park tomorrow.
Pics or lie.

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: July 15, 2008, 06:54:55 pm »
have you asked her out yet?!

As in asked to do something, or asked to be my girlfriend? yes to the former, no the latter. I mean we've only hung out twice. She asked me to go see fireworks with her tomorrow night so we'll hang out again then and of course I'll see her at work.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: July 15, 2008, 07:47:45 pm »
Ask her out ... on a date, one where she KNOWS its a date

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: July 15, 2008, 07:59:43 pm »
not sure if I want to date her due to the associated complications of summer ending
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: July 15, 2008, 08:02:44 pm »
dude, just have fun with her

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: July 15, 2008, 11:31:04 pm »
dude, just have fun with her

hmm maybe I'll go in for the 1st kiss tomorrow night...just her and me, sitting on the beach in the dark watching fireworks. pretty good setting I guess
Ain't Life Grand?