Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762045 times)

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #5475 on: July 28, 2008, 10:25:10 pm »
Rabbit, like I said don't touch my fucking posts. I don't care if you're a mod or not.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5476 on: July 28, 2008, 10:32:25 pm »
Rabbit, like I said don't touch my fucking posts. I don't care if you're a mod or not.
Hmm? I don't see any posts on the last page that's been edited/deleted/moved?

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: July 28, 2008, 10:33:37 pm »
Hmm? I don't see any posts on the last page that's been edited/deleted/moved?

The first post in this thread, keeps fucking with the topic.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: July 28, 2008, 10:36:00 pm »
I think you're going to have to explain the situation more before we can guess if you got a ticket. I didn't understand that first paragraph at all (although the picture helps, it doesn't show what happened, just the setting).

sorry bout that i am just pissed off and scared cause i already got a ticket a couple months ago that i just went to court for  >:(

I don't know why, but I find this picture hilarious... maybe it's just things done in paint that make me giggle... or the extra detail ("best buy").  :D
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5479 on: July 28, 2008, 10:36:44 pm »
Ah, well, that was somebody else's idea, I think. I don't think it's so much that he's messing with your "post" than that he's messing with the thread. And I'd hardly call it "your thread", even though you started it.

But yeah, changing the name is retarded, and totally gives people (especially outsiders) the wrong idea.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: July 28, 2008, 10:42:32 pm »
Ah, well, that was somebody else's idea, I think. I don't think it's so much that he's messing with your "post" than that he's messing with the thread. And I'd hardly call it "your thread", even though you started it.

But yeah, changing the name is retarded, and totally gives people (especially outsiders) the wrong idea.

It's just fucking annoying, and I don't want to see posts that I started changed, I don't care if it's my "post" or not.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5481 on: July 28, 2008, 11:06:03 pm »
What I meant to say is, even though you created this thread, I wouldn't really say you have ownership of it, or any more say in what it should be than anybody else.

I still agree, though, that the name shouldn't be changed. But I don't think that asserting your ownership of it is the way to prevent that.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: July 29, 2008, 12:17:59 am »
Rabbit is obviously abusing his powers.  What is he, Hitler's gay nephew?

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: July 29, 2008, 12:21:46 am »
the attorney was only $400, iago.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: July 29, 2008, 07:30:27 am »
Rabbit is obviously abusing his powers.  What is he, Hitler's gay nephew?
Do you want me to abuse?  I can start.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: July 29, 2008, 09:14:23 am »
Wow @ Drexel Wired

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #5486 on: July 29, 2008, 01:49:59 pm »
Wow @ Drexel Wired

If that's accurate, it's pretty slow for an on-campus connection. You probably have a full 100Mbps synchronous, but the benchmarking server can't keep up. Campus networks are almost always Tier 1, so their actual network bandwidth is probably too high for anyone to have ever bothered calculating.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Skywing

• View Profile
    • Nynaeve
« Reply #5487 on: July 29, 2008, 02:06:37 pm »
"Tier 1" is pretty much such a loaded/marketing term that it's about useless for any sort of technical evaluation.

The generally accepted meaning for "Tier 1" is a provider that does not pay for transit.  This really doesn't have any direct correlation to the quality of service they provide, or how much bandwidth they might be willing to offer you.  (And, in fact, peering with a single "Tier 1" provider exclusively for all connectivity can be dangerous, c.f. all of the various depeering disputes that Cogent likes to have with TeliaSonera, Level3, etc.)

That being said, all of the universities I have had interactions with did not get their bandwidth exclusively from anyone meeting the above definition of "Tier 1".  (Edit: There might well be univerisities that do fall under that category, but certainly not all of them, and buying from a "Tier 1" provider or not is not a particularly meaningful way to characterise the quality of their network connectivity.)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 02:11:14 pm by Skywing »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: July 29, 2008, 04:31:28 pm »

/signed. I didn't like the name change at all. :(
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: July 29, 2008, 04:34:43 pm »

/signed. I didn't like the name change at all. :(

Is this just about changing the title of the thread?  Or was rabbit modifying the contents (e.g. more than the title) of Krazeds' first post in this thread?   If it's the former, I think it's silly for Krazed to get so territorial over something he blatantly stole from the vL forums.  Krazed, I don't think you have any claim of ownership over this entire thread.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 04:37:31 pm by Rule »