Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762113 times)

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #5505 on: July 29, 2008, 07:34:33 pm »
The whole name-change thing doesn't matter imo.  I assumed it was obviously a temporary joke.  Krazed getting bitchy turned this into a heated discussion.  Who cares?  It's back to "Let's hear it!".  Life moves on.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: July 29, 2008, 07:44:35 pm »
The whole name-change thing doesn't matter imo.  I assumed it was obviously a temporary joke.  Krazed getting bitchy turned this into a heated discussion.  Who cares?  It's back to "Let's hear it!".  Life moves on.

CrAz3D, not Krazed....lrn2reed

The Office rocks.  I own seasons 1 & 2, watched season 3 yesterday and today, and am currently watching season 4.  Sad that I'm nearly out of seasons to watch

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: July 29, 2008, 07:52:27 pm »

CrAz3D, not Krazed....lrn2reed

No, Krazed, not CrAz3D.  Learn to not be CrAz3D. lrn2nbC.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: July 29, 2008, 08:12:16 pm »
NBC?  TV?  Huh?  The Office?  Yes, I do enjoy it...why thank you.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: July 29, 2008, 08:27:58 pm »

It's just annoying.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: July 29, 2008, 08:41:29 pm »
rabbit, I did have a problem with you doing it..I just didn't care enough to say anything. it's not like me saying "oh, btw, I disapprove" is going to change anything.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: July 29, 2008, 09:42:05 pm »
Who cares about editing posts? I do that all the time to Joe.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: July 30, 2008, 03:18:30 am »
Who cares about editing posts? I do that all the time to Joe.

And, we all thank you for it.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: July 30, 2008, 01:16:32 pm »
Well a few people asked for me to change the name so I did.  Nobody told me NOT to, especially you Krazed, so there's an emphatic FUCK OFF.  And a note to everyone else: I haven't edited any posts, except my own.

Who? I'LL BAN 'EM!

-

I clogged my toilet. My dad doesn't own a plunger. Short of buying a plunger, wtf do I do?
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: July 30, 2008, 01:21:24 pm »
Use your hand?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: July 30, 2008, 02:43:19 pm »
It fixed itself. Magic.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5516 on: July 30, 2008, 04:02:50 pm »
Quite.  p_o
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #5517 on: July 30, 2008, 08:36:38 pm »
"Tier 1" is pretty much such a loaded/marketing term that it's about useless for any sort of technical evaluation.

The generally accepted meaning for "Tier 1" is a provider that does not pay for transit.  This really doesn't have any direct correlation to the quality of service they provide, or how much bandwidth they might be willing to offer you.  (And, in fact, peering with a single "Tier 1" provider exclusively for all connectivity can be dangerous, c.f. all of the various depeering disputes that Cogent likes to have with TeliaSonera, Level3, etc.)

That being said, all of the universities I have had interactions with did not get their bandwidth exclusively from anyone meeting the above definition of "Tier 1".  (Edit: There might well be univerisities that do fall under that category, but certainly not all of them, and buying from a "Tier 1" provider or not is not a particularly meaningful way to characterise the quality of their network connectivity.)

That's pretty interesting, because I have always had a totally different notion of what Tier 1 means. If you characterize the internet as a tree, you can usually move up 2-3 steps from "guy with dial-up modem" before you get to a network which is so large that it is under peering agreements. At that point, the tree analogy breaks down, because that network has connections to "the internet" in more than just one single direction; that's the Tier 1 distinction I am referring to.

I realize that it's an imprecise definition, but you still have to admit that it would be pretty unrealistic for any Tier 1 network not to have ungodly amounts of bandwidth; I think it's safe to speculate that peering happens exclusively at the point where it's no longer reliable to measure the amount data being transferred.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Skywing

• View Profile
    • Nynaeve
« Reply #5518 on: July 30, 2008, 09:38:01 pm »
Actually, settlment-free peering is pretty much exclusively about the amount of transit happening in either direction.  Most peering/depeering disputes between Tier-1 providers (and sometimes their customers) tend to happen over one side thinking that they are receiving a great deal more transit than they are passing on to the other end - that the other end is "getting a free lunch", so to speak.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: July 30, 2008, 10:18:48 pm »
I started doing the hundred pushups deal.  Hopefully results will follow.