Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762292 times)

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #5610 on: August 06, 2008, 04:32:34 pm »
Why are you taking advice from someone who obviously fails in maintaining relations with the opposite sex? I don't know how many times I've seen posts of him babbling on about this or that girl.
Yeah rabbit, don't take advice from Joe.

Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: August 06, 2008, 04:56:15 pm »
You're obviously not talking about me, I haven't mentioned but maybe 5 girls on here ever.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: August 06, 2008, 05:20:24 pm »
back story:  Favorite prof/class of all college was my business law class taught by Ben Furth.  Talked about a lot of civil law suit stuff, breaking down suits and then building up new ones from different facts sets.  He was the most eager to help out of any professor I've ever had.  Not that my other professors WOULDN'T help if I asked, but he was always pushing the class to meet with him and discuss things we may not grasp.

He is currently rep'ing a client that is in a dispute with a client of the office I work in.

I just answered the phone and it was Ben.  He recognized me, ask how I was, asked when/where I was planning to attend law school and asked if I needed any letters of recommendation.  When I mentioned I hadn't got to that yet, he said "well keep me in mind."

Freakin' best prof I've ever had, and probably the most capable.  Bio from intertubes:
Mr. Furth graduated cum lande from the University of Michigan Law School in 1999.  There, he received the prestigious American Jurisprudence in Securities Regulation.  During his law school summers, Mr. Furth clerked for a federal judge, the Honorable Howard D. McKibben in the United States District Court for the District of Nevada, and worked for the largest defense firm in the nation, Jones Day, in Los Angeles.  After graduating from Michigan, Mr. Furth worked for Furth, Fahrner & Mason, a twenty-attorney plaintiffs' class action firm in downtown San Francisco.
On a more personal level, Mr. Furth was a two time Academic All-American golfer, and the first All-American golfer in the history of the University of California, Berkeley and was inducted in the University of California, Berkeley Sports Hall of Fame in 2005.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: August 06, 2008, 05:40:43 pm »
He went to Berkeley, that's pretty cool.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5614 on: August 06, 2008, 06:21:20 pm »
Freakin' best prof I've ever had, and probably the most capable.  Bio from intertubes:
Mr. Furth graduated cum lande from the University of Michigan Law School in 1999.  There, he received the prestigious American Jurisprudence in Securities Regulation.  During his law school summers, Mr. Furth clerked for a federal judge, the Honorable Howard D. McKibben in the United States District Court for the District of Nevada, and worked for the largest defense firm in the nation, Jones Day, in Los Angeles.  After graduating from Michigan, Mr. Furth worked for Furth, Fahrner & Mason, a twenty-attorney plaintiffs' class action firm in downtown San Francisco.
On a more personal level, Mr. Furth was a two time Academic All-American golfer, and the first All-American golfer in the history of the University of California, Berkeley and was inducted in the University of California, Berkeley Sports Hall of Fame in 2005.

???
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: August 06, 2008, 06:34:43 pm »
Essentially with honors.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5616 on: August 06, 2008, 06:41:35 pm »
It's cum laude, not cum lande.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: August 06, 2008, 06:43:04 pm »
Essentially with honors.
I think he was pointing out the typo.. it's "cum laude", at least where I'm from. :P

edit: SIDOH! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: August 06, 2008, 06:46:27 pm »
I know. I wasn't concerned over the typo, as in the context it was easy to figure out what they meant.

Stupid grammar/spelling nazis.
- Newby

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5619 on: August 06, 2008, 06:50:32 pm »
I think he was pointing out the typo.. it's "cum laude", at least where I'm from. :P

Yup.  :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5620 on: August 06, 2008, 06:51:04 pm »
I know. I wasn't concerned over the typo, as in the context it was easy to figure out what they meant.

Stupid grammar/spelling nazis.

Just like deadly said, I think he was pointing out the typo, not questioning the meaning.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5621 on: August 06, 2008, 06:51:35 pm »
http://maide.ca/private/iago/

From my trip where I saw iago!  :)

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: August 06, 2008, 06:54:01 pm »
deadly's a whore.
errr... something like that...

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: August 06, 2008, 06:54:18 pm »
If the spelling error isn't blatant and disgustingly distracting (an 'n' is a 'u' turned 180°) it's not an issue. Sure, it's supposed to be professional, but whatever.

Go back to your caves. There will be a mistake to fight for another day!
- Newby

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5624 on: August 06, 2008, 07:01:20 pm »
If the spelling error isn't blatant and disgustingly distracting (an 'n' is a 'u' turned 180°) it's not an issue. Sure, it's supposed to be professional, but whatever.

Go back to your caves. There will be a mistake to fight for another day!

I don't know... I found that pretty distracting. :)