Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762125 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #5700 on: August 21, 2008, 08:49:00 pm »
Apparently it was due to liquir corrosion on the inside.
I think I see the problem...
Yeah, just because he likes beer doesn't mean his macbook will

LOL

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #5701 on: August 21, 2008, 09:05:15 pm »
Not the best day...

Yesterday my Macbook stopped booting up. I thought it was the charger so I took the charger into the Apple Store, it worked there. They gave me an appointment for today to have my computer checked out. I go in, the guy plugs it in and a flame comes out of the keyboard and it starts smoking. Apparently it was due to liquir corrosion on the inside. Well, that sucks...$755 repair. I'm not paying that when the computer cost me $1000 originally. So I ended up buying a Macbook Pro and got the iPod touch student deal. So now I have a Macbook Pro which is cool but I definitely wasn't expecting that bill today. After I bought that I went to pick my car up from the shop, another $300...then $59 to fill it up. I was doing a good job saving up for school and then today came.

Similar thing happened to me, but I paid the $800 because they don't just slap the same old stuff in there; I have a new macbook in an old case :)

[edit] Incidentally, they gave me a new keyboard, too. Sure, the springyness wears out after like a day of use, but it's still cool!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:06:50 pm by Camel »

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: August 21, 2008, 09:49:51 pm »
MacBooks are worse than Compaqs.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #5703 on: August 21, 2008, 10:21:24 pm »
MacBooks are worse than Compaqs.

take it back

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: August 21, 2008, 10:30:30 pm »
I cooked salmon for dinner, RIGHT before I realized I had class at 6.  I couldn't eat it so into the fridge it went.  Eating it now, at 830, after nuking it SUCKS.

My politics & FILM class has lots of reading and I hate the prof, he drones!  I'm gonna try to get my internship extended from 5credit hrs to 9 so I can drop this "film" class.  I only need credits to graduate, they can even be lower division ones.  I just want out already!  Senioritis BIG time.  That or I just hate the school.  Probably both.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: August 21, 2008, 10:43:22 pm »
What's even funnier is that the new MB Pro models are expected to be announced in September. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: August 22, 2008, 02:41:25 am »
I know but I couldn't wait since class starts Wednesday
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5707 on: August 22, 2008, 03:09:30 am »

Oh, you don't have a desktop anymore, right?  Don't you have a computer lab in your dorm or something?  I guess that would be pretty inconvenient, though.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #5708 on: August 22, 2008, 11:46:03 am »

Oh, you don't have a desktop anymore, right?  Don't you have a computer lab in your dorm or something?  I guess that would be pretty inconvenient, though.

At my school, all the dorms were on one side of the campus, and the rest of the buildings were on the other. The distance from my dorm to the closest lab wasn't that great, but it meant climbing many stairs in each direction!

If it were only for the first day or two, you could definitely get by without too much inconvenience. You'll be spending most of that time away from your computer anyways, unless you're completely socially inept.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: August 22, 2008, 12:11:54 pm »
Dang, I'm fairly sure all of our dorms, including the ones built pre-WWII, have computer labs.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5710 on: August 22, 2008, 12:54:08 pm »
Dang, I'm fairly sure all of our dorms, including the ones built pre-WWII, have computer labs.

We don't have any that old, but same here.

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: August 22, 2008, 01:13:39 pm »

No, I don't. We don't have any computer labs in dorms, and even if we did I'm living in the fraternity house. We have a computing center which has a lab, and then the library. It's just a bigger inconvenience. I'm getting up to school a day or two early so not many people will be there, so having the laptop will be good. The girl is staying with me for a few days (her sister goes to school nearby and moves in today) so I'll have something to do (hang out with her/her sister/my other friends at their school) but I'm trying to end it with her so I'm not really into that whole idea.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: August 22, 2008, 01:58:17 pm »

some of ours are from the 1800's, the dorm i lived in last year was the oldest dorm still in use in the country.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #5713 on: August 22, 2008, 02:28:43 pm »
I was never able to get any work done in my Fraternity house, regardless of what room I was in or the availability of computers. Having 30 very good friends walking around just made it impossible. It was always worth the trip to the library or a computer lab.

For one particular class, where we had to modify the Linux kernel, it wasn't feasible to work remotely (even though we did have SSH access), because the bootloader isn't sophisticated enough to try one kernel and fall back on the good one if it fails. That was probably a good thing though, since it meant that pretty much everyone in the class was working on the same problem at the same time in the same room. That was certainly one of the better classes I took :)

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: August 22, 2008, 03:55:45 pm »

some of ours are from the 1800's, the dorm i lived in last year was the oldest dorm still in use in the country.
Those the ones built by slaves?