Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1761889 times)

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #5775 on: August 31, 2008, 05:52:07 pm »
Gustav is coming!  >:(

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: August 31, 2008, 06:16:01 pm »
The only reason I'm even remotely concerned about Gustav is to see how the both political sides play it out. It sucks though that New Orleans is gonna get hit no matter what happens, even if it diverts a ton, and it sucks those people get evacuated again. :(
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: August 31, 2008, 07:54:54 pm »
I am with the girlfriend in albuquerque right now.  I really enjoy spending time with her.  Definitely anxious as to her spendin a semester in spain...like whether we'l still be together

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: September 01, 2008, 02:37:26 am »
What happens in Spain, stays in Spain.  She's gonna get mad sexed.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: September 01, 2008, 05:23:13 pm »
I definitely enjoyed my weekend with Stacy.  DIdnt get to go shootin, weather was iffy.  SHe's a damn nice lady.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: September 02, 2008, 12:57:38 am »
The Women's World Chess Championship is underway, and there are plenty of hot women participating. Here are some pictures:
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=4879

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #5781 on: September 02, 2008, 01:07:42 am »
You have amazingly low standards  :D.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: September 02, 2008, 01:17:01 am »
You have amazingly low standards  :D.

Your good judgment on such matters is nonexistent.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: September 02, 2008, 01:54:20 am »
Tania Sachdev and Antoaneta Stefanova are kind of pretty.  The rest.... um :P

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: September 02, 2008, 02:01:59 am »
There's a surprisingly high number of hot women among the top professional female chess players. I'd liken it to the pool in any other sport.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5785 on: September 02, 2008, 02:09:39 am »
There's a surprisingly high number of hot women among the top professional female chess players. I'd liken it to the pool in any other sport.

Chess is a board game, not a sport.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: September 02, 2008, 02:54:14 am »
Every chess professional agrees that chess is a sport. They would know better than you.

The definition of a sport is a little ambiguous; it can either be (1) a competitive activity, or (2) a competitive activity that involves physical exertion. In the case of (1) there is no dispute. In the case of (2), I will let you know that chess professionals consider it an important part of their training to keep physically fit. The two contenders for the upcoming World Championship have both mentioned in interviews that they are doing so. Kramnik goes swimming or running every day, and Anand goes to the gym everyday. When you have to retain concentration on a board for 6 or so hours, fitness becomes a factor.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:58:20 am by Ender »

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5787 on: September 02, 2008, 04:24:27 am »
Every chess professional agrees that chess is a sport. They would know better than you.

The definition of a sport is a little ambiguous; it can either be (1) a competitive activity, or (2) a competitive activity that involves physical exertion. In the case of (1) there is no dispute. In the case of (2), I will let you know that chess professionals consider it an important part of their training to keep physically fit. The two contenders for the upcoming World Championship have both mentioned in interviews that they are doing so. Kramnik goes swimming or running every day, and Anand goes to the gym everyday. When you have to retain concentration on a board for 6 or so hours, fitness becomes a factor.

Well, I do pushups. Does that make programming a sport? :-\
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: September 02, 2008, 04:44:38 am »

The definition of a sport is a little ambiguous; it can either be (1) a competitive activity, or (2) a competitive activity that involves physical exertion.

Programming isn't really competitive in the sense that people host tournaments and the like to see who codes better; of course, TopCoder is an exception.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: September 02, 2008, 05:15:13 am »

Pushups don't directly help you improve in programming... And as Newby said, programming isn't competitive in general =o