Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762204 times)

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #5850 on: September 09, 2008, 01:46:56 am »
25 pages more reading to do for biology for today. one chapter.

this is going to be an excellent year.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: September 09, 2008, 05:18:43 am »
Sucks to have AP Bio. Glad I never have to worry about a bio/chem class again (for the moment). topaz, what year in high school are you in?

--

Did some housecleaning. My buddy list of 205 was condensed down to 126. In case you're worried you got removed, if your name was never logged on (so that pidgin wouldn't say "last seen") it was probably removed unless I recognized it.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: September 09, 2008, 06:07:09 am »
Senior year.

also: having four APs sucks.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: September 09, 2008, 06:10:34 am »
4 APs ain't shit. I took 1 my sophomore year, 5 my junior year (6 initially, dropped AP Art History) and 4 my senior year. Managed B+s/A-s in all of them with a notch above zero effort. Until second semester senior year. Haha.

What APs? And where are you applying to college?
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: September 09, 2008, 06:20:55 am »
Uh

AP Bio
AP USH
AP English
AP Calc BC
Physiology

Bio and APUSH are about two hours worth of reading each, and then maybe two more for assignments on the reading. AP English has been light on work, maybe an hour, two to three if there's a real assignment due. Calc usually runs about two hours, depending on how shitty my instructor is that particular day. Physio is generally an hours worth of work.

I get back from class at 1PM, usually work on academia from 4PM till 2-3AM.

Facebook group: Traded my social life for APs

I'm applying to most of the UCs, UPenn, Cornell, Duke, and some other smaller schools whose names I don't remember. My app fees are a bitch to pay for

about APUSH: taking it because the admins fucked up last year, so I didn't have a history course -- taking gov at the local community college so i can graduate on time.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:26:24 am by topaz~ »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5855 on: September 09, 2008, 08:30:47 am »
Did some housecleaning. My buddy list of 205 was condensed down to 126. In case you're worried you got removed, if your name was never logged on (so that pidgin wouldn't say "last seen") it was probably removed unless I recognized it.

Jerk!

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: September 09, 2008, 08:52:25 am »
topaz, UPenn is really hard to get into, but really easy once you're there.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: September 09, 2008, 01:19:37 pm »
reading: 17/27 63%
logic: 19/26 73%
games: 15/23 65%
logic: 16/25 64%

That's my performance on first LSAT run down.  Hopefully I can improve this second time through (most people do, even if just by a few points)

I need to work on those damned games, and reading quickly but slow enough that I dont have to go back and double check things.  Logic is decent, but can improve some.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5858 on: September 09, 2008, 01:46:20 pm »

Suicide booth, anyone?
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5859 on: September 09, 2008, 02:44:12 pm »

Suicide booth, anyone?
Needs Bender and Fry!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: September 09, 2008, 02:56:09 pm »
Bio and APUSH are about two hours worth of reading each, and then maybe two more for assignments on the reading. AP English has been light on work, maybe an hour, two to three if there's a real assignment due. Calc usually runs about two hours, depending on how shitty my instructor is that particular day. Physio is generally an hours worth of work.

I get back from class at 1PM, usually work on academia from 4PM till 2-3AM.

Facebook group: Traded my social life for APs

I'm applying to most of the UCs, UPenn, Cornell, Duke, and some other smaller schools whose names I don't remember. My app fees are a bitch to pay for

Haha, if I spent that much time in a week or two for all my AP classes combined I'd be surprised. Junior year = AP Calc BC/Bio/Spanish/US History/English Language, Senior year = AP English Lit/Physics/Comparative Gov't/Chemistry.

If you get into Cornell (from the sounds of all the work you put into school you shouldn't have an issue) slap Darkness for us.
- Newby

Offline skip

• mmk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: September 09, 2008, 06:53:49 pm »
Miami Beach, Florida here I come! So pretty much final arrangements for my Spring Break trip is complete. All I need to do now is buy my airplane ticket and the down payment on the beach house. Our house for the week: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p166603

Anybody aware of how my friends and I could get some weed down there? Say, if I were to have it in my pocket (hypothetically), would they know? Doesn't the detector thing only scan for metal devices?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5862 on: September 09, 2008, 07:02:56 pm »
Miami Beach, Florida here I come! So pretty much final arrangements for my Spring Break trip is complete. All I need to do now is buy my airplane ticket and the down payment on the beach house. Our house for the week: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p166603

Anybody aware of how my friends and I could get some weed down there? Say, if I were to have it in my pocket (hypothetically), would they know? Doesn't the detector thing only scan for metal devices?
They don't generally check for it, but they do do random searches if they suspect something is up. And if you get caught smuggling, it's probably more than a possession charge.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: September 09, 2008, 08:12:27 pm »

Get an Indian friend to carry it, and then when they take him out of line for a "random" search, he can threaten to call the ACLU and sue for racial discrimination.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: September 09, 2008, 08:16:28 pm »

Youre going to florida, buy it there.  KICKASS place btw