Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1761852 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #5880 on: September 10, 2008, 08:25:27 am »
What high school do you go to?
http://lhs.fuhsd.org/home/

Don't you all stalk me now, I carry Mace.
You mean like this one?

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5881 on: September 10, 2008, 09:20:03 am »
lulz.

A grande iced coffee + 3 shots of expresso + sugar = wakes you up.

Having another one after that was plain stupid. And I'm still fucking dying from it. :(

espresso* <-- The typo people often don't know they're making.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5882 on: September 10, 2008, 09:34:27 am »
espresso* <-- The typo people often don't know they're making.
Haha, I frequently correct people who say/type that. :)

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: September 10, 2008, 11:29:48 am »
lulz.

A grande iced coffee + 3 shots of expresso + sugar = wakes you up.

Having another one after that was plain stupid. And I'm still fucking dying from it. :(

I looked up the thresholds for caffeine overdose on Wikipedia, and apparently an intake of more than 300mg can cause an acute overdose in many (small) people. This is funny... since one grande coffee can account for an acute overdose in probably >20% of people, and one venti coffee in probably >50% of people.

With a grande iced coffee and 4 shots of espresso, you had in excess of 700mg of caffeine ::) That would definitely ruin a person's day.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: September 10, 2008, 11:32:29 am »
So, I read yesterday that a woman was sentenced to life in prison without parol for microwaving her baby. lol. (The article is somewhere on cnn.com, I'm too lazy to find it right now)

Here's a dead baby joke to go along [VERY profane/demented/whatever you want to call it]:
Q: Why can't you remember the sound of a baby in the microwave?
A:You were too busy masturbating

Edit: And I'd like to just add that it was Newby's idea for me to post current events ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 11:35:44 am by Towelie »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: September 10, 2008, 11:47:45 am »
With a grande iced coffee and 4 shots of espresso, you had in excess of 700mg of caffeine ::) That would definitely ruin a person's day.

Yeah. My friend told me "this has about the caffeine of two energy drinks" and handed me one. And I had two. That was horrrrrrrrrrrrrible. ~355 mg/drink iirc.

I couldn't even sleep right. I should be asleep until noon... but I'm up since 6am and I went to bed at 3:30am. :/

EDIT -- What's funny is initially I wanted my drink venti-sized... really, really glad I didn't do that, because he would have stayed consistent.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 11:51:08 am by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: September 10, 2008, 12:50:34 pm »
I am proud to say I have made a major comeback in the realm of sleep schedules. I have recently been going to sleep between 10pm and 12am. Yesterday (oh how I love being able to say "yesterday") was around 11:20pm.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5887 on: September 10, 2008, 12:58:26 pm »
Oh, on a side note, Newby, your drink can be called either: "Iced Grande Yellow Eye" (More popular) or "Iced Grande Fight Club".  :)

Another side, Iced Coffee has more caffeine per volume than normal hot coffee does.  :)

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: September 10, 2008, 01:32:53 pm »
Another side, Iced Coffee has more caffeine per volume than normal hot coffee does.  :)

Really? That makes no sense. Do you mean the other way around?

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5889 on: September 10, 2008, 01:43:04 pm »
Iced Coffee is more concentrated overall to compensate for when the ice melts and dilutes.  (At Starbucks, anyway)

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: September 10, 2008, 02:05:14 pm »
Iced Coffee is more concentrated overall to compensate for when the ice melts and dilutes.  (At Starbucks, anyway)
true have any of you guys tried vietnamese ice coffee it the mother fucking greatest shit ever. its called
cafe su da i drink it almost every day

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: September 10, 2008, 03:06:17 pm »
Oh, on a side note, Newby, your drink can be called either: "Iced Grande Yellow Eye" (More popular) or "Iced Grande Fight Club".  :)

Are you serious? How do you know this, do you work at Starbucks? I want to order it, but I don't want to be looked at weird if I order an "Iced Grande Fight Club" and they just stare at me and are like wtf..

true have any of you guys tried vietnamese ice coffee it the mother fucking greatest shit ever. its called
cafe su da i drink it almost every day

Is that the one that drips into the cup? The iced coffee with condensed milk that they serve at coffee shops is much better.. neither of which is actually really strong. Cafe su da supposed to be but doesn't really work for me.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 03:08:17 pm by Quik »
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: September 10, 2008, 05:22:03 pm »

Is that the one that drips into the cup? The iced coffee with condensed milk that they serve at coffee shops is much better.. neither of which is actually really strong. Cafe su da supposed to be but doesn't really work for me.

yup. and the strength of the coffee depends on if you use fine or coarse grains or how well you compact the coffee. but yeah thats the one where it drips.

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: September 10, 2008, 05:25:16 pm »
I asked because I remembered you were from San Jose and was wondering if you went to a competitive school. Lynbrook is alright, I know some people who went there for high school. Seems like an excessive amount of work for as many AP classes as you're taking.. 4 isn't so many. My senior year, I took 3 and barely had to do any work to get good grades. Of course, my school is not as well rated, but still.
Lynbrook is the shittiest school ever. The only reason we are well ranked is because there is a ridiculously high number of chinese/korean/wapanese/indian people here, something like 90%. In my high school career, there have been only 6-7 teachers that were actually decent and taught properly, 6-7 out of 24 classes I've ever taken. If the asians didn't work hard, this school would be terrible. I would rather be at monta vista (which has excellent teachers and excellent courses where you actually learn shit in the classroom) or some school like westmont where everyone is an underachiever.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5894 on: September 10, 2008, 05:38:00 pm »

Are you serious? How do you know this, do you work at Starbucks? I want to order it, but I don't want to be looked at weird if I order an "Iced Grande Fight Club" and they just stare at me and are like wtf..

Yes.  Yes.  Oh, you probably will get weird looks.  It's very rarely called by that so many people don't know, but it is one of it's real slang names.  Starbucks Baristas (Or, Coffee Bitch, as Camel called it once), aren't allowed to call things by the slang names.  They'd call it as a "Iced Quad Grande Ice Brewed Iced Coffee", or at least they're supposed to; which is the other reason people may not be familiar with what you want.