Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762384 times)

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #6855 on: December 07, 2008, 07:55:39 am »
nice Chavo.  you should've gotten these badboys though:

i prefer mine in valiant pink with brown pinstripes

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: December 07, 2008, 10:03:57 am »

Should have gotten a full coilover setup. Adjustable ride height, and stiffer springrate means you won't blow your shocks as easily. More comfortable ride too. Should cut those skunk2 springs, tuck some tire ;) at least it's a start though!
yeah but i got those for 100 brand spanken new.
i am thinking about getting some new 18'' rims so when i do i will get tires to go under my fenders.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: December 07, 2008, 01:23:02 pm »

Should have gotten a full coilover setup. Adjustable ride height, and stiffer springrate means you won't blow your shocks as easily. More comfortable ride too. Should cut those skunk2 springs, tuck some tire ;) at least it's a start though!
yeah but i got those for 100 brand spanken new.
i am thinking about getting some new 18'' rims so when i do i will get tires to go under my fenders.

Eh, it's a new car, I'd say it's a bad idea to get deals on suspension parts. You're using stock shocks right? What happens if you blow them? I doubt that's covered under warranty. Also, do you plan on tracking the car, or just for looks? Springs merely lower the car for looks. The ride the provide is generally pretty bouncy and doesn't improve handing for any sort of spirited driving.

IIRC, stock wheel size on those cars are 17. 16s would bring it lower to the ground, but increase the wheel gap.. if you had coils and were already pretty low I'd suggest going that route. I'm not a huge fan of using a bigger wheel then stock, especially because it will probably raise your car up more and look awkward. But.. it's up to you. I'd suggest getting good quality used rims from a place like memoryfab, since budget seems to be on your mind and you won't be able to get good quality 18 inch wheels brand new for 'cheap'.

Since yours isn't an Si, I know there's a limited amount of parts for the car. Try doing research to see what parts that are made for the Si will fit on yours since they share the same chassis. Good luck.. talk to me if you want more resources or ideas :p
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: December 07, 2008, 04:24:29 pm »
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: December 07, 2008, 06:08:35 pm »
Does anyone get on B.net anymore?  Specifically USwest?
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: December 07, 2008, 06:26:55 pm »

Eh, it's a new car, I'd say it's a bad idea to get deals on suspension parts. You're using stock shocks right? What happens if you blow them? I doubt that's covered under warranty. Also, do you plan on tracking the car, or just for looks? Springs merely lower the car for looks. The ride the provide is generally pretty bouncy and doesn't improve handing for any sort of spirited driving.

IIRC, stock wheel size on those cars are 17. 16s would bring it lower to the ground, but increase the wheel gap.. if you had coils and were already pretty low I'd suggest going that route. I'm not a huge fan of using a bigger wheel then stock, especially because it will probably raise your car up more and look awkward. But.. it's up to you. I'd suggest getting good quality used rims from a place like memoryfab, since budget seems to be on your mind and you won't be able to get good quality 18 inch wheels brand new for 'cheap'.

Since yours isn't an Si, I know there's a limited amount of parts for the car. Try doing research to see what parts that are made for the Si will fit on yours
since they share the same chassis. Good luck.. talk to me if you want more resources or ideas :p

yeah i know the struts wont be covered in my warranty. but i am on a civic website where most of my friends have swapped out their sprints and struts out so if i do need new ones i can get them cheap.

Right now i do not feel any bounce in my car. it may be becuase i have added some extra reinforcement with some sway bars.

and yeah stock rims are 17. but my cousin says he is going to sell me his Racing hart C5 rims for 200 then i have a friend who wants those rims. :)

and yeah my car is no SI but i think i am finished with suspension/performance mods. generally there are more aftermarket stuff for SI like exhausts, midpieping, pulley sets, turboes, etc. but becuase i only get 140+ HP its not worth the money.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: December 07, 2008, 08:10:34 pm »

Since yours isn't an Si, I know there's a limited amount of parts for the car. Try doing research to see what parts that are made for the Si will fit on yours
since they share the same chassis. Good luck.. talk to me if you want more resources or ideas :p

yeah i know the struts wont be covered in my warranty. but i am on a civic website where most of my friends have swapped out their sprints and struts out so if i do need new ones i can get them cheap.

Right now i do not feel any bounce in my car. it may be becuase i have added some extra reinforcement with some sway bars.

and yeah stock rims are 17. but my cousin says he is going to sell me his Racing hart C5 rims for 200 then i have a friend who wants those rims. :)

and yeah my car is no SI but i think i am finished with suspension/performance mods. generally there are more aftermarket stuff for SI like exhausts, midpieping, pulley sets, turboes, etc. but becuase i only get 140+ HP its not worth the money.

I'm assuming you're talking about 8thgencivic. I'd be careful what you buy from people you don't know, especially used parts.

If you're getting bars to stiffen up your chassis (note: won't really help with the bounciness of stock shocks on lowering springs), why bother cheaping out on springs and not getting a complete setup? I don't know, seems kinda like a hardparking thing to do and not beneficial in the least when being used for the actual purpose. But I suppose it's an improvement over stock, and I commend you for taking the effort to work on the car yourself.

Meh, not really a fan of Racing Hart rims.. but if you like them or can sell them then good for you I guess.

You're right, performance mods are pretty worthless for a base model civic that hasn't been swapped. You could probably boost that engine, but that's pretty worthless. Bolt-ons like intake/header/exhaust might be worthwhile, but it's all about what you want to spend money on.

Be careful what you install if you're worried about warranty as well.. I'm pretty sure stereo equipment voids it due to electrical tampering.

But good job, it's a start. Just trying to help you out.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: December 08, 2008, 12:22:28 am »
Dexter hasn't pre'd yet :<
Pre'd. Anyways...

I remember when every other day was bad
You were my brother, so tall was all you had.
Sireno was dead but we had you instead
Now I remember our precious petting zoo
Our delicate high school and all the things we said we'd do

They all fall like, Sweet Rain
Wet my memory, Sweet Rain
Come on down on me

It wasn't hard to look ahead
You wanted to be me instead
I wanted to be you instead but
I fell and you fell back
What is wrong with me, well what is wrong with you, Jack?

Everybody knew she was coming, Everybody knew she was
Sweet rain, wet my memory, sweet rain, fall down on me

The big screen got in between, what it was and what we've seen
How have you been? What have you been? I think about you
Now and again, I think about you every single day
Well, shit I'm thinking about you now

Sweet Rain, Wet my memory
Sweet Rain, Fall down on me
<3
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 05:22:28 am by topaz~ »

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: December 08, 2008, 12:49:44 pm »
I can't wait to be back in San Diego :(. The temperature hasn't even hit 30 today!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: December 09, 2008, 12:08:31 pm »
BRRRRRR.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6865 on: December 09, 2008, 12:09:40 pm »
BRRRRRR.

What temperature is it there mr. new mexico?

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: December 09, 2008, 12:12:30 pm »
BRRRRRR.
What temperature is it there mr. new mexico?
Pft...I'm so tough, I wore shorts today. That or I ran out of quarters.
errr... something like that...

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: December 09, 2008, 12:37:04 pm »
brr it was cold this morning i could see my own breath.

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: December 09, 2008, 01:13:30 pm »
So I just found out that I'll be spending next semester in Australia. I'm looking forward to that.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: December 09, 2008, 01:28:21 pm »
very cool trust.