Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762028 times)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #7155 on: January 22, 2009, 08:07:06 pm »
Left handed people suck. I think it's about time we got rid of them. Wir müssen die linkshänder menschen ausrotten!
HE'S A NAZI. GET 'IM
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: January 22, 2009, 10:13:21 pm »
Gerald Ford - Left Handed
Jimmy Carter - Left Handed
Ronald Reagan - Left Handed
George Bush Sr. - Left Handed
William Clinton - Left Handed
George W Bush - Right Handed
Barack Obama - Left Handed

Interesting...

Lefties represent.

* while1 = lefty

Kennedy was right handed and people loved him. Stop riding Obama's dick.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7157 on: January 22, 2009, 10:15:48 pm »
Gerald Ford - Left Handed
Jimmy Carter - Left Handed
Ronald Reagan - Left Handed
George Bush Sr. - Left Handed
William Clinton - Left Handed
George W Bush - Right Handed
Barack Obama - Left Handed

Interesting...

Lefties represent.

* while1 = lefty

Kennedy was right handed and people loved him. Stop riding Obama's dick.

lol, I thought it was kind of interesting, honestly.

However, I don't think a person's handedness is anything meaningful in the way of how great, smart, charismatic, etc they are.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7158 on: January 23, 2009, 09:40:43 am »
I got a 70% on my 2nd quiz in differential equations lol. I think this is the first time I've had any difficulties at all with math

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: January 23, 2009, 11:58:30 am »
My math class is awesome this year. I'm taking linear algebra and my teacher is totally hardcore. Our grade is 2 tests, each worth 30% of our final grade, and the final, worth 40%. I own tests though so it is awesome for me. If you miss more than 3 classes (without a real excuse), you get different, longer, harder tests than the other students, because you "obviously know the material better," haha. He says he used to just fail people, so I guess it could be worse. And so far it seems like it isn't going to be too hard,  and my teacher is really good at... teaching, something that seems rare in maths in my experiences. Also, our class only has 4 people in it which is awesome and they are all my friends from my CS classes.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: January 23, 2009, 07:48:54 pm »
I liked my Calculus prof.  I had him for Calc I, Calc II, and Calc III.  If I wanted to, I could skip all the classes and just show up for tests and the final... and if I aced all the tests I'd still get an A.  I came into class like 30 minutes late one time, he didn't care.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7161 on: January 23, 2009, 10:30:12 pm »
I liked my Calculus prof.  I had him for Calc I, Calc II, and Calc III.  If I wanted to, I could skip all the classes and just show up for tests and the final... and if I aced all the tests I'd still get an A.  I came into class like 30 minutes late one time, he didn't care.

That's a fairly good approach, I think.  The biggest problem I see with it is that you can't put very much material on an exam, and the problems that typically appear are quite a bit easier than the ones that are on homeworks and quizzes.  I like his philosophy, but I think I'd also require that you take quizzes and turn in homework regularly.  In general, I think requiring attendance is stupid.

My calculus courses were much more traditional, but attendance was by no means required, as long as there wasn't a quiz.  I generally enjoyed doing the homework, especially in Calc II -- the problems were like puzzles, which I thoroughly enjoy.

My math course this semester is structured much differently.  The homework is worth 75% of our grade (O.O), and is assigned weekly.  The assignments probably average about 5 questions each, but all of the problems are quite challenging.  In the previous semester (this is second semester algebra), the assignments generally took me around 5 hours to complete.

I really like this model, because it allows the professor to give us very challenging problems without the worry of being unfair.  He's a very forgiving grader, and is very happy to answer questions during class.  It's pretty awesome. :)

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: January 23, 2009, 10:39:51 pm »
My math course this semester is structured much differently.  The homework is worth 75% of our grade (O.O), and is assigned weekly.  The assignments probably average about 5 questions each, but all of the problems are quite challenging.  In the previous semester (this is second semester algebra), the assignments generally took me around 5 hours to complete.

How long do they take this semester?

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: January 23, 2009, 11:26:38 pm »

That's a fairly good approach, I think.  The biggest problem I see with it is that you can't put very much material on an exam, and the problems that typically appear are quite a bit easier than the ones that are on homeworks and quizzes.  I like his philosophy, but I think I'd also require that you take quizzes and turn in homework regularly.  In general, I think requiring attendance is stupid.

My calculus courses were much more traditional, but attendance was by no means required, as long as there wasn't a quiz.  I generally enjoyed doing the homework, especially in Calc II -- the problems were like puzzles, which I thoroughly enjoy.

I really like this model, because it allows the professor to give us very challenging problems without the worry of being unfair.  He's a very forgiving grader, and is very happy to answer questions during class.  It's pretty awesome. :)

Well, we did have weekly labs that we had to do.  The labs were usually pretty challenging.  I don't think I would ever get 100% on any.  Partial credit rules.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #7164 on: January 24, 2009, 12:21:53 am »
I just got hit on for about 2 hours by a 45 year old lady (who looks younger than 30.) I wonder where this will go.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7165 on: January 24, 2009, 01:11:27 am »

How long do they take this semester?

We haven't had one yet (this is the first week), but I'd imagine they'll be in exactly the same format.  It's the second semester of the same class with the same professor with almost the same people.

For about the last half of the past semester, I was pretty bad about zoning out during class, so it took me a while longer to research the material before I could complete the assignments.  Hopefully I'll be better about it this semester. :)

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: January 24, 2009, 12:43:22 pm »
omg we finally have internet

Think we have the cheapest fios package, still supar fast compared to what we had before for *less* money, woot.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7167 on: January 24, 2009, 12:59:02 pm »
Gimme. :(

I'm so sick of not having a good connection.  The only thing over 1.5 Mbps I can get here is Comcast.  DO NOT WANT.

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: January 24, 2009, 03:18:34 pm »
omg we finally have internet

Think we have the cheapest fios package, still supar fast compared to what we had before for *less* money, woot.
That's over twice as fast as my cable connection. How much is that a month?
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #7169 on: January 24, 2009, 03:25:44 pm »
Nah, there's no way that's the cheapest fios package. I've got the cheapest and yours is like 3 times the speed of mine. My dallas test center was like 20 miles away, too. I did have a ping of 50 ms though, so who knows.

of course unless i got... PWND BY VERIZON.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 03:28:35 pm by warz »
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger