Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762079 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #7425 on: March 11, 2009, 11:14:47 am »
fuck situps.  I have genetic algorithms to write and deities made of noodles to worship.

Oh, imagine how silly that would have looked to you four years ago.  :)

The FSM?  I was in an environment that made it very hard to not be religious.  I had doubts pretty early in my life.  I remember asking my parents, pastor, etc "What if there isn't a heaven or a god?" when I was 5 or so, and I was told that I was sinning by even asking that.

The recent obsession with the FSM has been more an effort in humor than militant atheism. lol.

If you were talking about the GA part, I had a pretty decent idea of what GAs were 4 years ago.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 11:19:15 am by Sidoh »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: March 11, 2009, 12:45:02 pm »
Bleh. I definitely am getting sick. Again. But this time I slept through my physics discussion...

I can probably go to the health center to get a pass, but I don't think a runny nose/sore throat combo will get me out. Suggestions?

(Not that I'm concerned over missing one discussion, but eh.)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: March 11, 2009, 01:42:15 pm »
Bleh. I definitely am getting sick. Again. But this time I slept through my physics discussion...

I can probably go to the health center to get a pass, but I don't think a runny nose/sore throat combo will get me out. Suggestions?

(Not that I'm concerned over missing one discussion, but eh.)

Sure it will. A visit in general gets you out, as long as your professor honors health center visits.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: March 11, 2009, 04:19:48 pm »
They give out slips that say "please excuse <so and so> from all classes missed <today/this week>." So I'd be covered.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7429 on: March 11, 2009, 04:59:59 pm »
Wtf, we never had those. We were allowed to miss one exam (or was it two exams?) in our university career, but other than that, if you're sick, you're on your own.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: March 11, 2009, 07:28:47 pm »
I e-mailed the professor, saying I missed it because I was sick, but didn't feel it was worth anyone's time to go get a note since it wasn't that serious anymore, and he said "We'll prorate."

Not sure what that means. I think it means I'll end up in the same square I would be if I didn't go.
- Newby

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #7431 on: March 11, 2009, 07:39:53 pm »
I e-mailed the professor, saying I missed it because I was sick, but didn't feel it was worth anyone's time to go get a note since it wasn't that serious anymore, and he said "We'll prorate."

Maybe he meant to type prostate... and in that scenario I wouldn't wanna know what he means.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: March 11, 2009, 08:58:31 pm »
Wtf, we never had those. We were allowed to miss one exam (or was it two exams?) in our university career, but other than that, if you're sick, you're on your own.
Pretty much how I have it too. You miss class, tough luck. You miss an exam? You're fucked, unless you have a damn good University-accepted reason (aka you'd better be dying of cancer at that moment or playing for the sports team somewhere)..
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: March 11, 2009, 09:12:13 pm »
Aren't you in highschool?
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7434 on: March 11, 2009, 09:13:50 pm »

I can't remember if he graduated last year or if it's at the end of this year, but he is/was in some program where you finish high school while you're attending university.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: March 11, 2009, 09:16:05 pm »
Yeah. June '09 graduation.. but see what Sidoh said. I'll be graduating high school with 64 credits at college. ^^
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: March 11, 2009, 09:47:03 pm »
That's awesome. So you'll be, what, a Junior?
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: March 11, 2009, 10:01:51 pm »
Yeah. June '09 graduation.. but see what Sidoh said. I'll be graduating high school with 64 credits at college. ^^

My 32 starting units just fucked me over basically. I am an academic sophomore and those don't count towards any GE classes, 'nor can I use them in place of other classes... and once I hit 225 units I'm basically forced to graduate. (We average 45 units/yr on quarter system.)
- Newby

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7438 on: March 11, 2009, 10:05:59 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, I think he'll be attending the same university when he gets a diploma?

If that's the case, it's pretty clear he won't have any problems in that regard.  He's probably already working towards a degree and will be able to finish in the normal amount of time minus the time he's already been there.

Even if not, your dilemma isn't generally the case.  Quite a few people have problems transferring credits, but only when they're upper-divisional courses.  All of the dual-enrolment courses I took in high school transfered over when I came to university and waived quite a few classes that I would've had to otherwise take.  These include the stupid intro math courses, composition, and chemistry.  It saved me about a whole semester's worth of classes.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: March 11, 2009, 10:07:42 pm »
My 32 starting units just fucked me over basically. I am an academic sophomore and those don't count towards any GE classes, 'nor can I use them in place of other classes... and once I hit 225 units I'm basically forced to graduate. (We average 45 units/yr on quarter system.)
AP is very different from ACTUAL college courses. My courses I took at the university under university professors with a university transcript, etc etc. They coun towards lib ed requirements (generals), major courses, and whatever else I want them to count towards.

That's awesome. So you'll be, what, a Junior?
If I stay at a school that accepts the credits, yeah. I haven't figured out where I'mgoing yet.. The acceptances are starting to come though.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed