Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1766558 times)

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #7440 on: March 11, 2009, 10:16:59 pm »
Why are you worried about missing one lecture, Newby? If your professor takes roll, then you're marked absent. Doubt one mark will affect your grade much, if at all. You missed a lecture, either get the notes that you missed or you lose the information. You're going to drive yourself crazy throughout college if you stress so much over missing one lecture in a class. You'll get over it.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7441 on: March 11, 2009, 10:44:35 pm »
WTF newby why even go through the trouble of getting a pass...

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #7442 on: March 11, 2009, 10:48:00 pm »
no shit. missing a class cause youre sick and it was just a lecture. woopdy doo. just read the book or something, and if youre really proactive get the notes from somebody. getting a sick note is the last thing id do. i might try that if i accidently missed an exam somehow.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7443 on: March 11, 2009, 10:55:38 pm »
Yeah, missing a lecture isn't really that big of a deal.  That said, I really dislike missing them, unless it's for a trivial class where the material isn't something you can't just pick up from reading over lecture slides / books. 

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7444 on: March 11, 2009, 11:32:29 pm »
and I skip class all the time especially when I have something new for my car hahah

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7445 on: March 11, 2009, 11:38:51 pm »
Meh, I hate profs who uphold my university's attendance policy... miss 10% of classes and it's an automatic letter grade decrease, and 25% is an automatic fail.  It's up to the prof whether or not they follow the policy.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7446 on: March 12, 2009, 01:21:41 am »
Hahahaha. That sucks. I haven't shown up once to programming past week 2 and I have a 97%. :)

I missed a discussion (grade based on attendance) and that combined with labs accounts for 25% of my final grade. I'd like to kick that up as high as I can, since I failed the first midterm and have a mediocre grade in homework (25% of my grade combined for those two).

100% in quizzes or so (10% of final grade), final is worth 25% of final grade, 75% raw (waiting on curve, which should be hefty apparently) on second midterm (15% of final grade). I think I can still pull off a B at the very least. :O
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 01:23:49 am by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: March 12, 2009, 06:46:23 am »
Meh, I hate profs who uphold my university's attendance policy... miss 10% of classes and it's an automatic letter grade decrease, and 25% is an automatic fail.  It's up to the prof whether or not they follow the policy.
Yeah... try going here, our absence policy is ridiculous. I get in trouble after only one absence from any of my classes.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7448 on: March 12, 2009, 07:42:15 am »
I e-mailed the professor, saying I missed it because I was sick, but didn't feel it was worth anyone's time to go get a note since it wasn't that serious anymore, and he said "We'll prorate."

Not sure what that means. I think it means I'll end up in the same square I would be if I didn't go.
If he said he'd prorate your grades, it means he'll treat the missed class as one that didn't happen (so you couldn't have missed it anyway) for you.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: March 12, 2009, 10:44:57 am »
Oh, nice. :D
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7450 on: March 12, 2009, 03:53:25 pm »
GrandCentral --> Google Voice.

Complete with new SMS, voice transcripts, and more! :O

http://www.google.com/support/voice/bin/answer.py?answer=142423

My account isn't upgraded, though. :(
- Newby

Offline sdfg

• View Profile
« Reply #7451 on: March 12, 2009, 04:01:30 pm »
I e-mailed the professor, saying I missed it because I was sick, but didn't feel it was worth anyone's time to go get a note since it wasn't that serious anymore, and he said "We'll prorate."

Not sure what that means. I think it means I'll end up in the same square I would be if I didn't go.
If he said he'd prorate your grades, it means he'll treat the missed class as one that didn't happen (so you couldn't have missed it anyway) for you.

Attendence is graded!???!?
dey see me trollin'
dey hatin'

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7452 on: March 12, 2009, 04:27:27 pm »
Yeah, for physics discussion, anyway. There are quizzes given out in lecture to keep check for attendance, and labs are obvious. :p
- Newby

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7453 on: March 13, 2009, 04:43:11 pm »
holy shit I'm fucking burned out. two huge projects, three big homework assignments, two writeups, and a midterm.  fuck.

I think I've gotten 15 hours of sleep over the past 5 days.  This has been a rather hellish week.  I was up until 5:00 AM last night working on an evaluation assignment for my AI class because a bunch of grad students decided that they needed to use all of the computers in the CS building to run their simulations.  I needed to use them to collect data points, god damnit. :(

I finally finished, though, and discovered that my path relinking algorithm sucked ass, and that my genetic algorithm was just plain awesome.  We were doing local search / GAs for the asymmetric travelling salesman problem.  10% of our grade is relative performance to the rest of the class, and mine kicked ass, lol.

Here's a picture of my desk (this is all from this week).  I think all this caffeine is going to fuck me up.  It's the only way I survived this week, though.  Yeah, sugar free.  That's all they had at Wal-Mart, plus it tastes better.  Wanna fight about it?

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7454 on: March 15, 2009, 01:18:29 pm »
I'll mail you coke at $80 a gram.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.