Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762130 times)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #7545 on: March 29, 2009, 02:01:10 am »
Me too!  I have the same speed as that, but my ISP sucks!  :(
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7546 on: March 29, 2009, 01:41:07 pm »
I've been super inactive as of the last week, but updates:

-- 3.47 or 3.55 this quarter. A in math (97% on my math final, I kick butt!), B+ in philosophy (fuck the TA that graded my shit), B in physics.

I have to talk to student judicial affairs about a plagiarism accusation, but worst comes to worst, they convict me and I wind up with an A- in programming (which is a slap in the face all on its own); nothing goes down on my transcript. Hopefully, they'll see common sense as the law of the land, because I'm allowed to work with one person, and that covers my "plagiarism accusation" completely, and I'll get the A. 3.55. If not, 3.47.

Spring Quarter is here. I'm going to bust out a 4.0 or die trying.

--

Oh, and you guys with you 2.5-3 MB/sec downloads are wussies. I upload faster, kthx.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 01:42:47 pm by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7547 on: March 29, 2009, 09:50:43 pm »
does anyone have a functioning ups tracking # they could send me for testing purposes? thanks
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7548 on: March 30, 2009, 02:32:56 pm »
Hmm. Speedtest UI got a makeover.

Too bad I can't seem to download at even 10% of that. 13 minutes waiting for Diablo II OS X native installer to finish. 25MB! :/
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7549 on: March 30, 2009, 02:39:11 pm »
Hmm. Speedtest UI got a makeover.

Too bad I can't seem to download at even 10% of that. 13 minutes waiting for Diablo II OS X native installer to finish. 25MB! :/

Yeah, I think actual results depend largely on who you're downloading from.

I think I could get up to around 70/70 with campus connections, but it never got over 2 MB/s.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7550 on: March 30, 2009, 05:09:38 pm »
So today I got a call with the details of the job offer and as I anticipated, they threw in $3k in relocation assistance and salary within the $60-65k range.  I'm probably going to take the job offer if I don't hear back from grad schools in a week.  Up until now, I've been able to fend off senioritis surprisingly well, but I'm starting to feel it seeping into my psyche more and more lately.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:11:28 pm by while1 »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #7551 on: March 30, 2009, 08:45:11 pm »
So today I got a call with the details of the job offer and as I anticipated, they threw in $3k in relocation assistance and salary within the $60-65k range.  I'm probably going to take the job offer if I don't hear back from grad schools in a week.  Up until now, I've been able to fend off senioritis surprisingly well, but I'm starting to feel it seeping into my psyche more and more lately.

Take the job, live frugally for a few years, offset grad school debt with job-earned savings.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #7552 on: March 30, 2009, 09:10:12 pm »
So I had to get a copy of my high school transcript to apply for a summer program I want to do. Turns out when I graduated they had my GPA calculated half a point lower than what they're calculating it at now. Assuming the new one is the correct one, my school really fucked me over in regards to what colleges I could have gotten into.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7553 on: March 30, 2009, 10:26:42 pm »
Half a point?  As in 3.0 => 3.5?  Jesus, that's completely ridiculous.  What made that big of a difference?

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #7554 on: March 30, 2009, 10:42:05 pm »
Half a point?  As in 3.0 => 3.5?  Jesus, that's completely ridiculous.  What made that big of a difference?

Yes. I guess they didn't correctly calculate my senior year grades or maybe AP weight? I don't have a copy of my old transcript to compare it to.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7555 on: March 30, 2009, 10:43:58 pm »

Yes. I guess they didn't correctly calculate my senior year grades or maybe AP weight? I don't have a copy of my old transcript to compare it to.

Heh, that sucks.

Although I was under the impression that universities don't really look at weighted GPAs.  This is something I've heard pretty frequently, anyway.

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #7556 on: March 30, 2009, 10:47:19 pm »

Heh, that sucks.

Although I was under the impression that universities don't really look at weighted GPAs.  This is something I've heard pretty frequently, anyway.

Well it wouldn't have made much difference I guess in where I went for freshman year first semester, since I had already been accepted and enrolled. But I could have transferred to a bigger school and also this mishap prevented me from getting a more distinguished graduation ranking. It's not something that really matters now, but at the time I was pissed off because I didn't get a certain sash or something.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #7557 on: March 31, 2009, 02:38:01 am »

Heh, that sucks.

Technically they don't, but they're going to notice if someone is taking straight AP/IB classes instead of regular or even Honors..
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7558 on: March 31, 2009, 04:06:24 am »

Heh, that sucks.

Technically they don't, but they're going to notice if someone is taking straight AP/IB classes instead of regular or even Honors..
I swear I've heard this conversation before.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7559 on: March 31, 2009, 10:23:54 am »

Heh, that sucks.

I swear I've heard this conversation before.

haha, I'm almost sure I've had it somewhere else on this boards.