Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1761959 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #7740 on: May 10, 2009, 07:23:44 am »
so I got a parking ticket at work today and this is Bull Crap i am seriously thinking about switching jobs now.
parking is about 1.25 an hour so take that out of my pay of 9.24 and I make 8 under minimum wage. bull shit.

So I get a call from my old employee and she has a job opening for me $17 an hour for a desk job at a hospital + benefits.
and it is close to my house.

my question would be is it bad to leave a job after 3 months of working there? and after I went to the trouble of going through an acquaintance's dad to get the job?

and basically the reason I got the 9.25 job was to practice my social skills cause I am uber shy. and with that job I talk wayyy more.

and I am in a postion where I do not really need money cause I live at home my expenses are paid for...
ayudame porfavor

HALP
Take the better paying job.  Tell them you have to leave because the way commuting works for you now, it'd be better to work at a McDonalds near your house.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7741 on: May 10, 2009, 09:27:40 am »
WTF.  What is minimum wage in CA?  WTF.  Why I'm never moving to California... cost of living there is bullshit, it's all because of the damn far left liberal hippies like Pelosi.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: May 10, 2009, 09:41:59 am »
yeah I want to move I hate CA, they want to tax the shit out of us and still nothing good is coming out of it.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: May 10, 2009, 11:15:43 am »
yeah I want to move I hate CA, they want to tax the shit out of us and still nothing good is coming out of it.

You're someone I could get along with, lol.

Glad to see some Californians actually see that something is wrong with their state and local governments.  I'm looking in from the outside of course, but it's good to know that people from the inside share the same opinion of its governing.  I'm sure it's an awesome state other than it's tendency to be governed poorly.  But for me, beyond just visiting for short periods, I'd never want to permanently live there.

In fact last week I got a request for a job interview for a software engineering position in Van Nuys, CA and besides the fact that I already accepted a job offer already, I was like "Hell No" to living in LA, where I can only imagine the pain it would be to relocate cross-country on top of the cost of living, daily traffic, etc.  I'm sure I would love LA as a tourist, but not living there.

Don't get me wrong, generally I love California.  It has many good qualities- weather, liberal social attitudes, diversity, etc.  For a long time I dreamed about moving there and becoming successfully so I could join a company in Silicon Valley.  But it finally occurred to me, that for all the uber awesome advantages to living in CA, there are just as many disadvantages to equalize them.

I'm hoping to plan a vacation there next year to attend Anime Expo, site see, and visit friends.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: May 11, 2009, 01:50:18 am »
Whoever said the iphone can't be useful obviously hasn't seen this. now THAT is innovation.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: May 11, 2009, 02:36:51 am »
Whoever said the iphone can't be useful obviously hasn't seen this. now THAT is innovation.

i heard it's only like a video and you gotta follow along and "snort it" at the right time.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: May 11, 2009, 07:17:21 pm »
not sure this is the best place to ask this but anybody have any experience with older women? I'm not really sure how that game works but there's this lacrosse mom that is really attractive. I was teaching her how to keep the score book and penalty clock today and she touched me and got close a few times, but those were the only "signs" besides telling me I should come to the game on Wednesday because I'm good luck. The touching thing is pretty sure fire with people of like age, but I figure moms are different. Or they could be. I really don't know at all, and there aren't really any things online about it. Cougars seem like a whole new animal, full pun intended.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #7747 on: May 11, 2009, 09:02:04 pm »
I've got to here how this turns out...
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: May 11, 2009, 09:05:03 pm »
Same.

I say next time, you touch her.  And see how she reacts.  If she doesn't react awkwardly or surprised, then I'd say that's clear go ahead.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: May 11, 2009, 09:36:46 pm »
Read the book "The Game." I'm sure it'll have something in there that'll work for MILFs! :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7750 on: May 11, 2009, 10:15:44 pm »
Read the book "The Game." I'm sure it'll have something in there that'll work for MILFs! :)

That book would be responsible for me losing soooo many times. :(

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7751 on: May 11, 2009, 10:25:51 pm »
I'm sorry. :'(
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: May 11, 2009, 11:01:58 pm »
FUCKER.  I JUST LOST THE GAME.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: May 12, 2009, 12:08:30 am »
FUCKER.  I JUST LOST THE GAME.
You asshole. I WAS DOING SO GOOD

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile