Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762058 times)

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #8085 on: September 03, 2009, 06:56:45 pm »
I think I'll be having two dates this weekend ;-)
Nice I was going to have a date with this chick to go mountain biking but then I totally forgot I was going camping. :( I still havent told her and she texted me yesterday saying she got this "cute spandex shorts" GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fuck camping dude

Exactly. Fuck while camping.

Hey, that's what I'm going to be doing in two weeks!
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: September 04, 2009, 12:41:53 am »
I think I'll be having two dates this weekend ;-)
Nice I was going to have a date with this chick to go mountain biking but then I totally forgot I was going camping. :( I still havent told her and she texted me yesterday saying she got this "cute spandex shorts" GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fuck camping dude

Exactly. Fuck while camping.

Hey, that's what I'm going to be doing in two weeks!
haha  I wish it were that simple.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: September 04, 2009, 01:00:02 am »
Built my furniture today.

Still need to get a mattress. And I kinda wish I had picked out a 6 drawer dresser instead of a 4... I filled my 4 immediately. No breathing room for extra stuff. :(
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: September 04, 2009, 01:35:47 am »

Still need to get a mattress. And I kinda wish I had picked out a 6 drawer dresser instead of a 4... I filled my 4 immediately. No breathing room for extra stuff. :(

I hate not having enough room for clothes. I filled up a 4 drawer dresser and two sides of a closet pretty quickly.. I don't even like having a dresser for clothing anyway. How are you supposed to pick what to wear easily if it's all stacked on top of each other and hard to see? Big walk-in closet ftw.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: September 04, 2009, 04:31:33 am »
Be like Jesus; compact your wardrobe to one toga.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: September 04, 2009, 05:37:00 am »
Or be like me, all I own are tshirts and jeans so I just take whatever is on top. Picking out what you are going to wear is for girls.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: September 04, 2009, 05:45:03 am »
Hitmen, AKA Jesus' second coming.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: September 04, 2009, 06:39:14 am »

I hate not having enough room for clothes. I filled up a 4 drawer dresser and two sides of a closet pretty quickly.. I don't even like having a dresser for clothing anyway. How are you supposed to pick what to wear easily if it's all stacked on top of each other and hard to see? Big walk-in closet ftw.

Or be like me, all I own are tshirts and jeans so I just take whatever is on top. Picking out what you are going to wear is for girls.

Dude, are you kidding me? How do you get chics if you don't dress well?

You have to be fashionable. I wear polos or nice T-shirts up top and jeans or khakis for pants. However, you have to fit the right shirt with the right shorts or pants, that is the trick. For instance, it takes skill to pull off a flamboyant orange polo. It will ridiculous if you don't have the right pants or shorts to match it with. But if you do it will look pretty sharp.

You have to dress well, that's for sure. However, you don't have to own a ton of clothing to dress well. All you really need is 5-6 polos, 3-4 nice T-shirts, one pair of pants for work / formal occasions, a couple of jeans, a few khaki shorts, a few khaki pants, and a few shorts for wearing around the house. This can easily fit in a closet + dresser. It could fit in a small closet and a 4-drawer dresser. Personally I have this quirky dresser from Target that could alternately be used as a file cabinet however was made to be a dresser as well. All my pants and long-sleeved shirts go in the dresser. All my shorts, polos, and T-shirts go in the dresser. It works out perfectly.

Too many clothes is a bitch because it becomes a clutter, costs a ton, makes it hard for you to pick out clothes, and really doesn't help you improve your outfits since you probably didn't coordinate them while shopping anyway.

The trick is to coordinate your clothing when you go clothes shopping. Buy your T-Shirts and shorts on the same trip so you can see how the look together in the dressing room. The basic unit of shopping isn't a shirt or a pair of shorts; it's an outfit. Thing is, though, don't pigeonhole every item of clothing you get into one and only one outfit; they can each form several outfits. That way you can maximize your variety with a very reasonable amount of clothing.

Then again, everyone has their own look, and this is just mine. However I don't see why people should need that many clothes anyways. You can re-wear jeans khakis if you're not a smelly person. I wash once every two or three weeks and probably re-wear the same shorts/pants 3-4 times per wash cycle. (I don't have problems with BO or perspiration so I have an advantage here.) In fact if you don't have bad BO or perspiration then you can even re-use shirts if you don't get them dirty. I know a bunch of fashionable girls who do this so it's definitely fine to do.

It's important to be fashionable; life gets drab when you wear drab clothing. You simply don't have the same clout with people, especially girls. You can't just wear the same jeans everyday with a run-down t-shirt... you won't get any action.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 06:40:58 am by Ender »

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: September 04, 2009, 06:52:27 am »
I also have a nice sweatshirt + sports shorts look (even though I don't play sports). Trick is to play a grey, worn-looking sweatshirt off some nice and airy black shorts. The grey, grungy sweatshirt can go with some other things like jeans. That way you can completely change your look to classy in the middle of the day if you're working a polo underneath. Just make sure you don't have holes in your clothing that's a definite n-o.

I'm also experimenting with a radical grungy pajama look. Haven't perfected it yet. The idea is you wear PJs plus a very light and casual sweatshirt. The test is whether you can get hot girls to dig it. However, you have to contrast this look with a well-kept, clean-shaven face. Else you will just look unkempt and incompetent. A nice, clean-shaven face gives girls enough to go by to give it a chance and eventually be attracted to it. And you have to convey a lot of confidence in your appearance when you don this look. Confident to the point of brazen. I'd like to get a date using this look or perhaps one day go on a date with it. What it really does is it tests the limits of fashion, challenging our preconceptions. After all you're sporting pajamas on the streets and bringing bed-clothes to the classroom.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 06:55:03 am by Ender »

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: September 04, 2009, 10:04:40 am »
Cool tips.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: September 04, 2009, 10:45:50 am »
Time for a McDonalds run! I'll get you the veggie burger, iago.

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8096 on: September 04, 2009, 11:33:25 am »
McDonalds does nothing vegetarian, not even their fries.. forget vegan. :P

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: September 04, 2009, 11:34:01 am »
McDonalds does nothing vegetarian, not even their fries.. forget vegan. :P

Fine. Just a soda for you.

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: September 04, 2009, 12:31:11 pm »
Dude, are you kidding me? How do you get chics if you don't dress well?
I had a girlfriend for 3+ years so I'm a little out of practice in that department, but it is significantly more important to be able to be confident and talk to women. Looking good regardless of what you are wearing helps. And having long beautiful hair has made lots of women come and talk to me, rather than having to approach them. YMMV, but how I dress and how I look works for me.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: September 04, 2009, 12:34:56 pm »
I take the Hitmen approach. I own no more than 5 t-shirts and 4 jeans that I like.