Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762019 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #8340 on: October 18, 2009, 12:08:25 pm »
Find some writeoffs! :)

I don't know about the US, but in Canada we can contribute a few thousand/year to RRSPs (retirement savings plan), and we don't get taxed on that amount.

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #8341 on: October 19, 2009, 12:08:16 am »
I'm glad to see there was a bit of consensus that the complex class is the way to go. I will definitely look into it more now! Thanks everyone
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: October 22, 2009, 07:38:09 am »
So, I had watch until midnight last night, and I was woken up at 0545 to have my room inspected (looking for alcohol/drugs)... so I went and took a piss, found out 10 mins later I was getting piss tested too... lol.

So the bad thing is, I have a midterm in an hour, and I'm sleep deprived. After school I have a practice for some halloween show we have, then dinner, and after that I have glee club practice, and then I have to work on a group project. This puts me at 9pm for when I can start my 10 pages of writing due for a 1 credit course tomorrow morning. :) Win?

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: October 22, 2009, 10:58:12 am »
Glee ftw

my printer is having technical difficulties and I want to throw it out my 2 story window right now.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8344 on: October 22, 2009, 11:13:02 am »
I just bought a new HP Laserjet (colour!). It's nice. :D

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: October 22, 2009, 02:04:09 pm »
So, I had watch until midnight last night, and I was woken up at 0545 to have my room inspected (looking for alcohol/drugs)... so I went and took a piss, found out 10 mins later I was getting piss tested too... lol.

So the bad thing is, I have a midterm in an hour, and I'm sleep deprived. After school I have a practice for some halloween show we have, then dinner, and after that I have glee club practice, and then I have to work on a group project. This puts me at 9pm for when I can start my 10 pages of writing due for a 1 credit course tomorrow morning. :) Win?

I was supposed to wake up at 7am. Today I woke up at 10am instead. I was supposed to go into lab today to complete some MATLAB-based portion of a lab. Seeing as how I was going to wake up early to do this, I did it from home instead, with the magic of ssh and X11 forwarding. What would have taken an hour took 10 minutes. Literally. I have to do some simple set theory questions now, a lab for physics at 2pm, and then some physics homework due tomorrow at 5pm. Then, we have an exchange with some sorority, so I can celebrate the beginning of my weekend. :)

Question: was the piss test/check routine or do they suspect you of being addicted to drugs?
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: October 22, 2009, 02:35:07 pm »
Question: was the piss test/check routine or do they suspect you of being addicted to drugs?
They did the inspection to the whole company, and they randomly drew like 20 people from the whole company to do the piss test. Who knows. lol

Either way, midterm this morning was fairly easy, not too sure how I did though, and I've spent maybe 2 hours on the paper and busted out over half of it already. This day actually isn't too bad.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #8347 on: October 22, 2009, 11:45:33 pm »
I have a HP Lasejet 6P for free if anyone wants it.  I haven't had a single ping on my two craigslist's listings, probably because I was too lazy to get a picture.

It's in good, working condition though..just needs a new toner.  This printer was given to me for free 7 years ago and I took it on the condition that I'd used it until the toner ran out.  The toner is just now running out and I debated for about a month whether it was worth it to me to buy the replacement toner or not :P.

Anyways, if someone wants it all they need to pay is shipping / pick it up, otherwise it's getting recycled.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: October 23, 2009, 12:33:56 am »
I would but it would just sit in my garage. and I fixed my printer. I guess I refilled my ink cartridge from costco too many times and the contacts did not match up right.

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #8349 on: October 25, 2009, 02:58:04 am »
Writing about myself for this NSF fellowship sucks  :-[
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: October 26, 2009, 09:04:35 am »
So my internet connection has been messing up lately, when I try to connect to websites it says the connection is untrusted. Even on trusted websites (like my colleges login, Facebook, etc.) It says that if the sites I'm trying to connect to are trusted somebody could be tampering with my connection. Any thoughts or suggestions on what to do?
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8351 on: October 26, 2009, 10:52:48 am »
So my internet connection has been messing up lately, when I try to connect to websites it says the connection is untrusted. Even on trusted websites (like my colleges login, Facebook, etc.) It says that if the sites I'm trying to connect to are trusted somebody could be tampering with my connection. Any thoughts or suggestions on what to do?

I think that means that you're not able to verify the SSL certificates through a certificate authority.  You can download the certificate without allowing for it to be verified.  Do that, and post what you see.

I think one of two things is happening (and iago should be able to elaborate or correct me if I'm wrong):
1) You're not getting to the CA for whatever reason.
2) The certificates you're getting are illegitimate.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: October 26, 2009, 11:20:58 am »
Hmm... physics midterm today. Basic E&M. It's gonna rape everyone. Hopefully I get less raped than others. :O
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: October 26, 2009, 11:49:03 am »
Hmm... physics midterm today. Basic E&M. It's gonna rape everyone. Hopefully I get less raped than others. :O

Be part of the curve!

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: October 26, 2009, 01:33:16 pm »
I think that means that you're not able to verify the SSL certificates through a certificate authority.  You can download the certificate without allowing for it to be verified.  Do that, and post what you see.

I think one of two things is happening (and iago should be able to elaborate or correct me if I'm wrong):
1) You're not getting to the CA for whatever reason.
2) The certificates you're getting are illegitimate.
I've had issues with Firefox over a few weeks about how it won't resolve SSL certificates or won't connect to the CA. A hard reinstall (including removal of ALL user settings upon uninstall) fixed it.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine