Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1761999 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #8430 on: December 09, 2009, 10:22:47 am »
Apparently, we've already had a couple winter storms fly past us to the south. I'm guessing you are getting those storms. :)

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: December 09, 2009, 12:11:40 pm »
We got a couple of inches on Saturday..it was like being a kid again. College town, everyone's out in the snow and in a good mood. I hope we get some more this weekend since it's all melted by now...but snow is beautiful in the mountains, and in general. Maybe not to you guys since you get so much it becomes a hazard, but a few inches is always nice to wake up to.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: December 09, 2009, 12:45:32 pm »
We got a couple of inches on Saturday..it was like being a kid again. College town, everyone's out in the snow and in a good mood. I hope we get some more this weekend since it's all melted by now...but snow is beautiful in the mountains, and in general. Maybe not to you guys since you get so much it becomes a hazard, but a few inches is always nice to wake up to.
Well around here once we get our first decent snowfall, we usually don't see the ground again for 3+ months (and I assume its worse in canadia and such). it starts to lose its appeal after a while.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: December 09, 2009, 12:56:25 pm »
Well around here once we get our first decent snowfall, we usually don't see the ground again for 3+ months (and I assume its worse in canadia and such). it starts to lose its appeal after a while.
We start to thaw around late April or May in MN, I can only imagine Canada's worse.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8434 on: December 09, 2009, 01:17:40 pm »
We have about a foot of snow on the ground, all of which is from a few days ago.  We went from 65 degree weather to a foot of snow and -10 degree weather.  fuck you colorado.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: December 09, 2009, 01:35:40 pm »
Pretty sure the only reason I won't pass that basic linear algebra exam is because I fail at basic math or something. Nothing I did worked out. Ever. :/
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8436 on: December 09, 2009, 02:21:38 pm »
Canada's about the same as MN, from what I understand.

I don't mind the snow that much, although you're right about it being a hazard. My biggest issue, though, is that the fun of playing in the snow is inversely proportional to the risk of frostbite.

Cold sucks!

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: December 10, 2009, 05:31:03 am »
This past week and a half or so has been going really well for me (knock on wood). The snow definitely added to the good vibes. On Monday I met this girl, and it's the first girl that I've met and liked in a long time. We hit it off instantly and are having dinner next week and maybe going skiing over winter break, assuming it all works out. She's really ambitious, intelligent, has a good personality, & really pretty. She reminds me a lot of a young Laura Bush, and she'd be OK with that comparison. It's weird to say but it was really one of those "at first sight" encounters, and it was mutual. The only thing bringing down life right now is exams, but even those won't be too bad.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: December 11, 2009, 05:57:56 pm »
The "young Laura Bush" was a Democrat.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: December 11, 2009, 06:26:38 pm »
Pretty sure the only reason I won't pass that basic linear algebra exam is because I fail at basic math or something. Nothing I did worked out. Ever. :/

Aye, linear algebra without partial credit would have meant instant death for me.  Silly arithmetic mistakes can completely screw you over, especially if you make them early on when solving a multi-step/part problem.

The majority of my math professors banned the use of calculators on quizzes, tests, and exams.  I'd probably have dropped my math minor if they also banned partial credit.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: December 11, 2009, 07:33:54 pm »
My linear algebra professor was alright, and didn't penalize cascade errors as completely wrong (which was awesome).  Overall, though, I thought Linear was pretty easy.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #8441 on: December 11, 2009, 07:37:00 pm »
My linear algebra professor was alright, and didn't penalize cascade errors as completely wrong (which was awesome).  Overall, though, I thought Linear was pretty easy.

I had a programming professor treat cascade errors initially as all wrong, until he realized 80% of the class would fail with that.  I don't know how he was as a professor, I never paid attention during lectures, but by the sounds of it, he was fairly crap.  All the assignments were straight from the book, too.  Complete with solutions.  :\
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: December 11, 2009, 08:25:48 pm »
The "young Laura Bush" was a Democrat.

I didn't mean ideologically, I just meant that demeanor. She's more right-leaning than I am, but I'm pretty socially liberal. Looks wise she's more like a young Jackie Kennedy.

Had two exams today: Business Ethics and Business Law. Feel pretty confident about my performance on both. My next exam isn't until Wednesday so I've got a nice little break inbetween.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: December 12, 2009, 10:45:37 am »
Well, apparently I did pretty sweet. I got an A- in the course and was ~2% away from an A. Which blows, but life goes on.

And I got a B in my logic/proofs course. And I'm expecting an A/A- in data structures, and an ~A-/B+ in physics! :D
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: December 12, 2009, 01:33:46 pm »
Has anybody seen A Christmas Carol (the new digital one from Disney?) If so what are your thoughts on it? I'm considering taking the girl from above to see it, thinking that it might be a short-enough, lighthearted, and seasonal date movie.
Ain't Life Grand?