Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762052 times)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #8445 on: December 12, 2009, 02:45:30 pm »
Well, apparently I did pretty sweet. I got an A- in the course and was ~2% away from an A. Which blows, but life goes on.

And I got a B in my logic/proofs course. And I'm expecting an A/A- in data structures, and an ~A-/B+ in physics! :D
Haha when I took multivar last year I got an 89.9% after all was said and done. An A- was 90% and above.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8446 on: December 12, 2009, 03:21:01 pm »
Well, apparently I did pretty sweet. I got an A- in the course and was ~2% away from an A. Which blows, but life goes on.

And I got a B in my logic/proofs course. And I'm expecting an A/A- in data structures, and an ~A-/B+ in physics! :D
Haha when I took multivar last year I got an 89.9% after all was said and done. An A- was 90% and above.

ouch :(

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: December 13, 2009, 09:33:26 pm »
These apples are really juicy...

I've had about 1,000 calories in the last two days.  I'm starting to feel like shit.  I really need to go grocery shopping didn't go today because my car's brakes need more fluid and spark plugs need replacing.  Will be bringing in to the dealership tomorrow to get serviced... going to cost me money so I'm going to eat as little as I can until I get paid in two weeks.

In reality, I need not be so frugal... could probably spend a grand a month on frivolous expenditures and be fine... but the only thing keeping me motivated seems to be watching the money in my bank accounts increase, but the more I spend the less I see it increase :(.  That's about all that makes me happy nowadays... money.  It's a bit sad.  My life is so monotonous.  I really need to move someplace where there's not just rednecks, people 10+ years older than me, and where there's more people my age.  I miss college.  I think I'm depressed.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 09:45:47 pm by while1 »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: December 13, 2009, 10:26:37 pm »
LOL people are so desperate for finals

here is a mass Email I got:

Hey fellow learning psych students!
I was hit by a car dashing into the street to save a young child. I was hoping you could be so kind as to sending me a completed study guide for the final. The young one is fine, but i dont know if im going to make it. Thank you all, happy holidays!

p.s. anything helps

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: December 13, 2009, 10:34:09 pm »
These apples are really juicy...

I've had about 1,000 calories in the last two days.  I'm starting to feel like shit.  I really need to go grocery shopping didn't go today because my car's brakes need more fluid and spark plugs need replacing.  Will be bringing in to the dealership tomorrow to get serviced... going to cost me money so I'm going to eat as little as I can until I get paid in two weeks.

In reality, I need not be so frugal... could probably spend a grand a month on frivolous expenditures and be fine... but the only thing keeping me motivated seems to be watching the money in my bank accounts increase, but the more I spend the less I see it increase :(.  That's about all that makes me happy nowadays... money.  It's a bit sad.  My life is so monotonous.  I really need to move someplace where there's not just rednecks, people 10+ years older than me, and where there's more people my age.  I miss college.  I think I'm depressed.
You know, being dead, mostly caused by not eating, is a good way to make sure you never see any balance ever again.

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: December 14, 2009, 09:19:56 am »
Foods probably the one thing you should be spending on. If you have energy (From good foods and a balanced diet) you're going to be in a better mood, more confident, happier, more productive, and less depressed. But monotony makes anybody down in the dumps, just fight through it and relish in the future luxuries you'll have from working hard now.

Edit: Also go buy something new for your apartment, freshen it up a bit. Something bright. I like to add something or rearrange things when I'm in a bad mood, the change usually cheers me up. Also maybe a new outfit or at least a new tie. If you look like a million bucks you're going to feel like a million bucks, and then make a million bucks. Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 09:23:08 am by truste1 »
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: December 14, 2009, 09:42:32 am »
While I would do all the car stuff yourself. It is super easy and the car dealership rapes you in charges.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8452 on: December 14, 2009, 10:04:22 am »
Haha @ getting a new tie. That had never occurred to me -- I have one tie that I bought when I graduated, and I use it for everything. It's a nice tie, though. :)

On a similar note, though, I spent a good part of the weekend organizing my stuff. I finally unpacked my books and DVDs, went through my pile of receipts and did my filing/shredding, cleaned up my computer stuff (sorry for a bit of downtime yesterday morning ;) ), etc. It feels good to have all my stuff in order.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: December 14, 2009, 10:44:59 am »
Haha @ getting a new tie. That had never occurred to me -- I have one tie that I bought when I graduated, and I use it for everything. It's a nice tie, though. :)

On a similar note, though, I spent a good part of the weekend organizing my stuff. I finally unpacked my books and DVDs, went through my pile of receipts and did my filing/shredding, cleaned up my computer stuff (sorry for a bit of downtime yesterday morning ;) ), etc. It feels good to have all my stuff in order.
I'm a bit surprised you've never had occasion to wear a tie... Here are just some general situations in which I wear ties:

1. Job interviews. The one interview to which I didn't wear a tie I didn't get a job. Haha. Not that I'm betting that's why, but still. It helps looked polished.
2. Underneath a sweater -- a sharp knot can really enhance a sweater/dress shirt look.
3. Weddings.
4. Graduations/other formal occasions.

I'm guessing we have different fashion styles, and you have no interest in having many forthcoming interviews.. At least a few different ties are nice to have for weddings though; in Indian cultures (or at least mine), we usually get invited to several weddings a year. And I can only imagine as I get older friends' weddings will call for more.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8454 on: December 14, 2009, 10:51:56 am »
friends? what are those?
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8455 on: December 14, 2009, 11:20:24 am »

I'm a bit surprised you've never had occasion to wear a tie... Here are just some general situations in which I wear ties:
I do wear a tie on occasion, but it's always the same tie. It isn't a bad tie, and it works with my one and only suit. :)

1. Job interviews. The one interview to which I didn't wear a tie I didn't get a job. Haha. Not that I'm betting that's why, but still. It helps looked polished.
Same -- I use my only tie.

2. Underneath a sweater -- a sharp knot can really enhance a sweater/dress shirt look.
I'm not a nerd, I don't wear a sweater ;)

3. Weddings.
4. Graduations/other formal occasions.
Both cases, I wear my old tie. Also funerals.

I'm guessing we have different fashion styles, and you have no interest in having many forthcoming interviews.. At least a few different ties are nice to have for weddings though; in Indian cultures (or at least mine), we usually get invited to several weddings a year. And I can only imagine as I get older friends' weddings will call for more.
We definitely have different fashion styles, and I work in a pretty informal industry. All my interviews so far, I've either been requested to dress casually, or they've been phone interviews (mostly the latter -- all my jobs except for one have been phone interviews only).

As for weddings, I hate weddings and, when possible, I don't go. I've gotten in trouble for saying this here before, but I stand by it -- the whole wedding thing is stupid. :)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: December 14, 2009, 11:24:36 am »
As for weddings, I hate weddings and, when possible, I don't go. I've gotten in trouble for saying this here before, but I stand by it -- the whole wedding thing is stupid. :)
WHAT?! Explain yourself!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8457 on: December 14, 2009, 12:41:06 pm »
WHAT?! Explain yourself!
It's a religious ceremony that is effectively meaningless. The only meaning it has is what we put into it -- it's only because we've been told growing up that we're supposed to get married that we all think we're supposed to get married. I have no problem with people loving each other and living together and raising a family together and all that -- it's just the marriage ceremony that's silly.

Perhaps that's enough for a lot of people, but it's silly in my mind.

And don't even get me started on diamonds.... (did I post the story about diamonds here? I thought I did, but I don't see it from a quick look)

(I realize that a lot of people strongly disagree with my views on marriage, and that's fine.)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: December 14, 2009, 01:22:09 pm »
I do wear a tie on occasion, but it's always the same tie. It isn't a bad tie, and it works with my one and only suit. :)
Ah. I have a couple suits and then a sport coat, so my dresswear gets some good lovin'.
I'm not a nerd, I don't wear a sweater ;)
Fair enough, I just started this year. Classier way to keep warm, because I'm a shallow bastard. :p
We definitely have different fashion styles, and I work in a pretty informal industry. All my interviews so far, I've either been requested to dress casually, or they've been phone interviews (mostly the latter -- all my jobs except for one have been phone interviews only).
Ah. In all of my student interviews, myself [and all the other candidates] have worn either full-fledged suits or at least a shirt and tie. And right now I work in a sister industry to yours (I do tech support).

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8459 on: December 14, 2009, 01:40:19 pm »
This suggests that graduation ceremonies, proms, birthdays, etc. are all 'effectively meaningless' as well.  Of course they're only meaningful because we've been raised in a culture that assigns meaning to them.  That doesn't mean there is no value in the events, and it doesn't mean they're silly.