Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1761888 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #8625 on: January 18, 2010, 11:38:41 am »
... tastefully kept behind closed doors!

tasty is right.  YUM.

we forgot to mention.. Pho tai means dog soup. Still liked it? ;D

It was DELICIOUSSSS.
no pho tai is a beef noodle soup. I am vietnamese I would know

I know it wasn't dog, but even if it was, that wouldn't change the fact that...

It was DELLICCIOOUUUSSSS.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8626 on: January 18, 2010, 12:36:06 pm »
no pho tai is a beef noodle soup. I am vietnamese I would know
You're Vietnamese, so you have an agenda. ;)

I know it wasn't dog, but even if it was, that wouldn't change the fact that...

It was DELLICCIOOUUUSSSS.
Well, you know how I feel about one animal not being significantly different from another. :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8627 on: January 18, 2010, 12:50:56 pm »
Well, you know how I feel about one animal not being significantly different from another. :)

Are insects animals?  What criterion is it you use to specify whether or not it's okay to kill when it's beneficial to you, again?  Sentience?

Anyway, probably not the place for that, eh?  I have no problem with people eating dogs.  Go ahead.  They're probably tasty.  Honestly, though, I don't think it's that unlikely that I become a vegetarian sometime in the future.  With few exceptions, I find beef gross.  I'm still in love with most forms of chicken, but I tend to get things that are either heavily seasoned or don't have any meat at all.  I don't like fish or any other sort of sea food.  I'm not a big fan of pork, either.  I like it a lot less chicken, but more than beef.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #8628 on: January 18, 2010, 12:53:36 pm »
I had a chicken burger last night.  Chicken is really only meat that I still eat, and that's only when it's inconvenient to eat something else.  Vegetarian burgers are awesome, and by that, I mean lettuce/tomato/onion/pickle/etc vegetables/fruit sandwiches.  

Vegetarian meat patties are so very gross.  Why do they make them?  :\
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: January 18, 2010, 01:11:47 pm »
I had a chicken burger last night.  Chicken is really only meat that I still eat, and that's only when it's inconvenient to eat something else.  Vegetarian burgers are awesome, and by that, I mean lettuce/tomato/onion/pickle/etc vegetables/fruit sandwiches.  

I'm pretty sure I've had some bomb vegetarian patties... home made ones that is.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8630 on: January 18, 2010, 02:00:51 pm »
Some are *amazing*, but you have to go to the right places. Most suck. :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8631 on: January 18, 2010, 02:01:47 pm »

I had a vegetarian burger (with veggie meat patty and all) on the Amtrak a few weeks ago, and it was delicious.  I have no idea what it was made of, but it had chipotle sauce and corn.  Very yum yum yummy.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8632 on: January 18, 2010, 03:41:15 pm »
My favourite ones (although they've been kinda lacking lately...) are from a local restaurant. The primary ingredients are sunflower seeds, beets, tofu, black beans, corn chips, and various kinds of sauces. They sound gross, but they're actually really good. They're also gluten free for what that's worth (I seem to remember somebody here mentioning that they have Celiac).

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: January 18, 2010, 05:02:47 pm »
Joke of the day for anyone who follows the NFL:

Last night Nate Kaeding tried to hang himself, but when he tried to kick out the chair, he missed.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8634 on: January 19, 2010, 03:10:54 am »
The ones at my school and at Burger King are pretty decent, and so are Boca brand meatless patties. I'm not sure if the ones at BK or my school are vegan (probably not), but I know Boca sells one "flavor" that's vegan, and it sucks. I bought a four pack and had to smother them with other stuff to repress their taste.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8635 on: January 19, 2010, 08:30:12 am »
Hmm, the BKs I went to in the US didn't have veggie burgers (they had triple whoppers in that spot on the menu.. goes to show), but in Canada Burger King's veggie burgers are vegan (as are their fries and onion rings, allegedly).

Personally, my favourite burger replacement, by far, is a marinated portabello mushroom grilled on the bbq. I know Sidoh will disagree with that one, though. :D

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8636 on: January 19, 2010, 09:52:47 am »
Hmm, the BKs I went to in the US didn't have veggie burgers (they had triple whoppers in that spot on the menu.. goes to show), but in Canada Burger King's veggie burgers are vegan (as are their fries and onion rings, allegedly).

Personally, my favourite burger replacement, by far, is a marinated portabello mushroom grilled on the bbq. I know Sidoh will disagree with that one, though. :D

Veggie burgers aren't on the menu but they do have them at fast food joints, not that I would necessarily trust them/it. You have to ask, but lots of fast food restaurants in the US don't have explicit vegetarian dishes written on the menu.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8637 on: January 19, 2010, 10:01:57 am »

Veggie burgers aren't on the menu but they do have them at fast food joints, not that I would necessarily trust them/it. You have to ask, but lots of fast food restaurants in the US don't have explicit vegetarian dishes written on the menu.
Are you talking about an actual veggie patty, or just a burger with no patty?

Most of the fast food places here have veggie burgers on the menu, but some of them contain cheese/eggs and others have milk/egg in their buns. KFC, for example, has a veggie patty that's vegan and actually pretty good, but their bun isn't vegan so you have to get it on a wrap. Also, they put mayo on it by default.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: January 19, 2010, 10:10:07 am »
Are you talking about an actual veggie patty, or just a burger with no patty?

Most of the fast food places here have veggie burgers on the menu, but some of them contain cheese/eggs and others have milk/egg in their buns. KFC, for example, has a veggie patty that's vegan and actually pretty good, but their bun isn't vegan so you have to get it on a wrap. Also, they put mayo on it by default.

I'm talking about a veggie patty. I would break a fast food worker's head off if I paid for bread and lettuce and wanted a burger.

Ah, no that's not the case in the US. Every place has stuff not on the menu, and as a vegetarian we get the shaft like that. :\ Vegans are an even harder cuisine for which to find food.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: January 19, 2010, 10:41:29 am »
I have had a couple veggie burgers and they are surprisingly good.