Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762075 times)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #8700 on: January 29, 2010, 06:50:58 am »
Nothing like running early in the morning to wake you up... haha. Man, I'm going to crash sometime today.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: January 29, 2010, 08:36:23 am »
Nothing like running early in the morning to wake you up... haha. Man, I'm going to crash sometime today.
I prefer coffee.

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: January 29, 2010, 02:43:01 pm »
This is probably the first time I've ever not been looking forward to snow. It's our winter ball tomorrow night, my date is driving 7 and a half hours for it. She is inevitably going to be caught in the middle of the snow storm that's about to hit. Once she's here though the snow will definitely add to the mood of my already picturesque campus. Still I'd hate to be driving in it.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: January 29, 2010, 03:23:22 pm »
This is probably the first time I've ever not been looking forward to snow. It's our winter ball tomorrow night, my date is driving 7 and a half hours for it. She is inevitably going to be caught in the middle of the snow storm that's about to hit. Once she's here though the snow will definitely add to the mood of my already picturesque campus. Still I'd hate to be driving in it.
You live in Virginia. Suck it up.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: January 29, 2010, 04:03:12 pm »
I'm worried about the girl that has to drive in it for 7 hours, not myself. If it wasn't for that I'd welcome the snow fully. Once she's here, it'll be great.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8705 on: January 29, 2010, 04:33:32 pm »
I was going to say "assuming she makes it", but that'd almost certainy be interpreted incorrectly. :)

I don't know about what kind of snow you get, but in any reasonable snowstorm here the highways are shut down for a few hours to a day until they can be safely cleared. My friend actually got stuck in Regina (half way between Calgary and Winnipeg) for two nights because of a snowstorm.

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: January 29, 2010, 04:36:31 pm »
Yeah it could be interpreted either way, and I'm worried about either outcome. She might have to stay with a friend about 2 hours from here if it gets too bad. I think she may be just in front of the storm, but if so it's not by much.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8707 on: January 29, 2010, 05:55:25 pm »
Applied to Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman today.  I'm looking to do another summer internship in Maryland (likely that my girlfriend will be there this summer, so I'm taking some initiative).

Anyone know of some places near Bowie, MD (within reasonable commuting distance) that are looking for summer interns?  If it helps, I'll almost certainly have a degree by then.

posts again.  anyone?

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: January 29, 2010, 05:58:07 pm »
I prefer coffee.
Yeah, I needed some of that after to make it through class in the morning lol.

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: January 29, 2010, 08:07:02 pm »
she stopped for dinner with friends in a city along the way, just 2 hours away. Now she's going to be snowed in. The 17 piece swing band for the ball has cancelled. The only saving grace was the last text..."From now on I will listen to you."
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: January 29, 2010, 08:13:13 pm »
she stopped for dinner with friends in a city along the way, just 2 hours away. Now she's going to be snowed in. The 17 piece swing band for the ball has cancelled. The only saving grace was the last text..."From now on I will listen to you."

How much is it snowing that she's "snowed in"?
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: January 29, 2010, 09:01:21 pm »

How much is it snowing that she's "snowed in"?
I'll second this question.
I was able to get pretty far from here when we had at least 1ft of snow on the ground... lol. But we did get stuck right in front of our destination :P

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: January 29, 2010, 09:07:33 pm »
idk who cares
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: January 29, 2010, 10:30:59 pm »
Eh, just pre-registered for Katsucon 16, which is February 12th.  Eh, not cosplaying.

So far 16 people from the Anime Club I founded at my alma mater are going, it'll be great to see all my friends in the club still in college and see all the new members (many of which are female cosplayers ^^).  If there's one legacy I left at my alma mater, it's a thriving, well run Anime Club with a solid, capable leadership that knows the importance of/ how to establish a reliable line of succession.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 10:33:12 pm by while1 »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8714 on: January 30, 2010, 01:39:44 am »
The problem isn't being "snowed in", necessarily -- at least around here, it comes down to when the province (or state :P) decides that the highways are too unsafe (due to visibility, snowdrifts, etc) to drive on, and shuts them down until it gets safer.