Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762009 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #8730 on: January 31, 2010, 06:39:11 pm »
look, i know that.  it doesn't matter how good a driver you are.  if you try to drive up a snow-packed 30 degree slope with a lowered car that doesn't have awd, you're fucked.  you're not going to get up that hill.

you said "no car is better than any other car for driving in snow", which is what i was responding to.  it's completely false.
I was talking about a general driving scenario, but I didn't word it as such. I think you'd agree with me that most people won't find themselves driving in that kind of incline, but may find themselves driving in average terrain (some incline changes, but nothing drastic).

... bottom line, it's completely ABSURD to suggest that there aren't some cars that are better at snow driving than others.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8732 on: February 01, 2010, 04:20:10 am »
look, i know that.  it doesn't matter how good a driver you are.  if you try to drive up a snow-packed 30 degree slope with a lowered car that doesn't have awd, you're fucked.  you're not going to get up that hill.

you said "no car is better than any other car for driving in snow", which is what i was responding to.  it's completely false.
I was talking about a general driving scenario, but I didn't word it as such. I think you'd agree with me that most people won't find themselves driving in that kind of incline, but may find themselves driving in average terrain (some incline changes, but nothing drastic).

... bottom line, it's completely ABSURD to suggest that there aren't some cars that are better at snow driving than others.

Chevy Aveo vs Ford F350.

Enough said.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #8734 on: February 03, 2010, 05:32:13 pm »
Has anyone else noticed their ability to actually write things horrendously degrading year after year to the point where it is both hilarious and sad? My handwriting sucked to start with but I pretty much use a pencil all the time now because my writing can't keep up with my thinking and I fuck up something every couple words or whatever :(

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: February 03, 2010, 05:42:45 pm »
Has anyone else noticed their ability to actually write things horrendously degrading year after year to the point where it is both hilarious and sad? My handwriting sucked to start with but I pretty much use a pencil all the time now because my writing can't keep up with my thinking and I fuck up something every couple words or whatever :(
No.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8736 on: February 03, 2010, 05:50:54 pm »

I think my handwriting has probably improved -- especially my ability to write mathy type stuff.  zeta still escapes me, though.  how the fuck do you draw that?  even the old professors seem to just draw some scrible and say "that's a zeta".

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #8737 on: February 03, 2010, 05:59:45 pm »
I think my handwriting has probably improved -- especially my ability to write mathy type stuff.  zeta still escapes me, though.  how the fuck do you draw that?  even the old professors seem to just draw some scrible and say "that's a zeta".
I'm not nearly as bad with math stuff, its mostly writing actual words that I fail at. I think I'm just used to thinking at typing speed which far exceeds the speed I can write at.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8738 on: February 03, 2010, 06:09:32 pm »

Draw a 2 with your eyes closed. It's a zeta.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8739 on: February 03, 2010, 06:16:11 pm »

Draw a 2 with your eyes closed. It's a zeta.

you're full of it

that has no significant resemblance to a 2.

i wish i could replicate the way my algebra professor drew zeta.  hahahaha.  that shit was hilarious.  i think i had more focus on drawing zetas in that class than learning what orbits and stabilizers were.  not that it wasn't interesting... his lectures were just difficult to follow because he was so terse.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8740 on: February 03, 2010, 06:15:41 pm »
http://mkatz.web.wesleyan.edu/wescourses/2000f/grk101/01/draft/writing_guide/writing_guide.html <-- Rookie mistake, Sidoh! Yoni's forum on vL obviously has all sorts of cool links like that.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8741 on: February 03, 2010, 07:16:08 pm »
http://mkatz.web.wesleyan.edu/wescourses/2000f/grk101/01/draft/writing_guide/writing_guide.html <-- Rookie mistake, Sidoh! Yoni's forum on vL obviously has all sorts of cool links like that.

1. i don't and i've never been associated with the vl forums.
2. i don't have the internet during classes i care about
3. i didn't even have a good idea of what a zeta looked like.  i was going off of what my professor scribbled on the board.  that's kind of the point.
4. the website is nice, but it doesn't really help with the dilemma i was talking about

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: February 09, 2010, 04:13:32 am »
Fuck HP. God-awful stupid Indians that even I can't understand, want to bash my head into a wall while talking to them, just to get them to realize that NO, when you install a new piece of hardware, it is not required that you wipe my fucking hard drive and reinstall Vista and that YES, I am keeping my data and not sending it to you. Morons.

Also, fuck their cheap laptops whose heatsink fans just snap when on a desk under normal usage.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8743 on: February 09, 2010, 12:56:09 pm »
Fuck HP. God-awful stupid Indians that even I can't understand, want to bash my head into a wall while talking to them, just to get them to realize that NO, when you install a new piece of hardware, it is not required that you wipe my fucking hard drive and reinstall Vista and that YES, I am keeping my data and not sending it to you. Morons.

Also, fuck their cheap laptops whose heatsink fans just snap when on a desk under normal usage.

wait, aren't you indian?  why don't you just speak with them in your native tongue?

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8744 on: February 14, 2010, 08:32:41 pm »
Well my weekend was great... was happy to hang with my friends from college at Katsucon.  But it seems every time I see them and what not, I come back home and go through a couple weeks of feeling depressed that I'm not still in college where I'd have an instant social network of like-minded individuals to socialize with.  I may be an introvert, but it seems like I cannot live my life without the company of others, even if I don't talk or am just tagging along.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 08:35:54 pm by while1 »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org