Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762006 times)

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #8745 on: February 15, 2010, 01:01:32 am »
Well my weekend was great... was happy to hang with my friends from college at Katsucon.  But it seems every time I see them and what not, I come back home and go through a couple weeks of feeling depressed that I'm not still in college where I'd have an instant social network of like-minded individuals to socialize with.  I may be an introvert, but it seems like I cannot live my life without the company of others, even if I don't talk or am just tagging along.

i will be your dr. phil

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: February 15, 2010, 07:46:10 am »
Well my weekend was great... was happy to hang with my friends from college at Katsucon.  But it seems every time I see them and what not, I come back home and go through a couple weeks of feeling depressed that I'm not still in college where I'd have an instant social network of like-minded individuals to socialize with.  I may be an introvert, but it seems like I cannot live my life without the company of others, even if I don't talk or am just tagging along.

This is a short term issue. You're still relatively new to the area, social circles develop over time but it takes an active initiative on your part as well.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: February 15, 2010, 07:51:28 am »

i will be your dr. phil

I can be my own douchebag thank you  ^_^;

Well my weekend was great... was happy to hang with my friends from college at Katsucon.  But it seems every time I see them and what not, I come back home and go through a couple weeks of feeling depressed that I'm not still in college where I'd have an instant social network of like-minded individuals to socialize with.  I may be an introvert, but it seems like I cannot live my life without the company of others, even if I don't talk or am just tagging along.

This is a short term issue. You're still relatively new to the area, social circles develop over time but it takes an active initiative on your part as well.

I hoping this is true.  When the weather gets warmer I'll feel more motivated to get out and do some volunteering... all this snow has pissed me off.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 07:53:36 am by while1 »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: February 15, 2010, 10:04:24 am »
Well my weekend was great... was happy to hang with my friends from college at Katsucon.  But it seems every time I see them and what not, I come back home and go through a couple weeks of feeling depressed that I'm not still in college where I'd have an instant social network of like-minded individuals to socialize with.  I may be an introvert, but it seems like I cannot live my life without the company of others, even if I don't talk or am just tagging along.
On this note, I actually learned something useful/interesting in my sociology class. It seems that, without any sort of interpersonal communication as a child, humans do not develop ever. Here's an interesting NOVA documentary on it: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/transcripts/2112gchild.html
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: February 15, 2010, 02:15:56 pm »
On this note, I actually learned something useful/interesting in my sociology class. It seems that, without any sort of interpersonal communication as a child, humans do not develop ever. Here's an interesting NOVA documentary on it: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/transcripts/2112gchild.html

There's been studies where they keep babies isolated from the world, only to keep them biologically stable (food, water, etc.) but they're kept completely devoid of any human contact. Pretty much all of the babies die.

(I'm just remarking what I remember off the top of my head; perhaps what I'm discussing is the same thing you're talking about!)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: February 19, 2010, 11:07:27 am »
Last night was tons of fun, but may turn out to have been a mistake. We shall see.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8751 on: February 19, 2010, 11:50:45 am »
"pics or it didn't happen" may work in your favour!

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: February 19, 2010, 12:00:22 pm »

I've thought that about some nights before... with what my friends said I did. lol

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: February 19, 2010, 12:09:19 pm »

Not this time.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8754 on: February 21, 2010, 08:53:42 pm »
I love overtime pay.

While I normally don't come close to the 20 hrs/wk of extra pay I'm eligible to, I get in about 10-20 every two weeks.  I could easily clock the total 60 hrs/wk if I really wanted to, but I think I'd probably draw myself some attention even if all 60 hrs are spent legitimately working.  It would probably throw off our monthly tasking and timekeeping schedule, making it more inconvenient than not.  There's also the point where I'd probably end up burn myself out, since I already spend more time in the office outside the regular work week than the other new hires.

MARCH NEEDS TO GET HERE ALREADY.  I want to know what the figures are on the bonus and raise are going to be, gah.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: February 24, 2010, 02:43:29 pm »
So a buddy and I went mountain biking yesterday, and decided to film a video for an outdoor company we like. Their marketing department is promoting it now, they want us to make more, and some other outdoors companies have requested videos.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8756 on: February 24, 2010, 03:21:46 pm »
Link or it didn't happen.

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: February 24, 2010, 05:19:58 pm »
I'll send it to you privately.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8758 on: February 24, 2010, 09:42:15 pm »
Crap, your PM made me realize that board email is broken. And I know why, too.. but I don't really have time to fix it. Bah! :-/

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: February 24, 2010, 10:58:01 pm »