Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762045 times)

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #8850 on: April 29, 2010, 07:53:19 pm »
I'm going to stab microsoft in the fucking face. Why do subscriptions to everything have to renew automatically? I haven't used my xbox in months, NO I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER YEAR OF XBOX LIVE AND MY ACCOUNT OVERDRAFTED, please go die in a fire.

Because they're subscriptions... that you subscribe to.. that's kind of how the scam works.
I know it's my fault for being dumb, but I'm still convinced microsoft somehow stole my credit card information and charged my account. I remember I got some free amount of time but totally do not remember ever giving them any billing information after that, and am totally unconvinced I would have ever given them $50 for a year of something I never use. fucking jerks.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: April 30, 2010, 06:08:18 pm »
Woooooooooooot.  I have LASIK scheduled for July.  Bye bye glasses/contact lenses.  $3,500 is going to be worth the investment.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: April 30, 2010, 07:51:25 pm »
TOWELIE.  WE NEED TO GO TO CHICK & RUTH'S SOMETIME IN ANNAPOLIS.  HAD I SEE THIS EPISODE OF "MAN VS. FOOD" EARLIER, I WOULD HAVE WENT TODAY!!!

6LB MILK SHAKE?!?!  UBER MASSIVELY HUGE PORTIONS OF MEATY YUMMY SAMMICHES!!!  OMFG, THIS PLACE LOOKS SWEEEEEEEEEET.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: April 30, 2010, 08:00:30 pm »
TOWELIE.  WE NEED TO GO TO CHICK & RUTH'S SOMETIME IN ANNAPOLIS.  HAD I SEE THIS EPISODE OF "MAN VS. FOOD" EARLIER, I WOULD HAVE WENT TODAY!!!

6LB MILK SHAKE?!?!  UBER MASSIVELY HUGE PORTIONS OF MEATY YUMMY SAMMICHES!!!  OMFG, THIS PLACE LOOKS SWEEEEEEEEEET.
Lol, its on that show? It isn't THAT great of a place, but I'd be more than glad to join you.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: April 30, 2010, 08:41:52 pm »
I'm going to stab microsoft in the fucking face. Why do subscriptions to everything have to renew automatically? I haven't used my xbox in months, NO I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER YEAR OF XBOX LIVE AND MY ACCOUNT OVERDRAFTED, please go die in a fire.

Because they're subscriptions... that you subscribe to.. that's kind of how the scam works.
I know it's my fault for being dumb, but I'm still convinced microsoft somehow stole my credit card information and charged my account. I remember I got some free amount of time but totally do not remember ever giving them any billing information after that, and am totally unconvinced I would have ever given them $50 for a year of something I never use. fucking jerks.
I hated the fact I had to call microsoft to cancel my subscription. Is it that hard to do what everyone else does and put it online?
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8855 on: April 30, 2010, 08:43:02 pm »
Gots funding at University of Hawaii.  I get to be a beach bum for a while. =)

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: April 30, 2010, 08:58:03 pm »
Congrats! Go have fun!
errr... something like that...

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #8857 on: April 30, 2010, 09:06:32 pm »

Congratulations, Sidoh!  :D
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: April 30, 2010, 10:47:24 pm »
Gots funding at University of Hawaii.  I get to be a beach bum for a while. =)

Grats, you need some sun, whitey!

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: May 01, 2010, 12:18:32 am »
That's why I always use the prepaid code cards from Best Buy or GameStop or something.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8860 on: May 01, 2010, 05:09:44 am »

I hated the fact I had to call microsoft to cancel my subscription. Is it that hard to do what everyone else does and put it online?

Why do I get the impression it'd be like trying to cancel an AOL subscription (impossible)?

Anyhow, I stopped at CenturyLink again. I told the lady at the desk that I know I'm outside their territory, but that I also know they have cables going underneath my driveway, and I also know that they can negotiate with Verizon for an additional fee. I explained I'm currently with HughesNet so I'd rather pay out the ass for real internet than for IPoS (should be capitalized iPOS). Her manager is going to call me on Monday, apparently. Hopefully I can at least get a direct quote of what the price would be. I may finally be getting real internet.. but somehow I doubt it.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: May 01, 2010, 04:49:20 pm »

Lol, its on that show? It isn't THAT great of a place, but I'd be more than glad to join you.
By the way, I ate there for lunch today. I had a delicious burger and shake.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: May 04, 2010, 08:33:39 am »

Next year I might be making a vacation/trip to Hawaii.  I'll have to check up on the progress of your tan.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #8863 on: May 04, 2010, 10:39:30 am »
I'm doing a 700km remote web-developer internship for a video games company.  Dream job achieved.  :D
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: May 04, 2010, 11:26:34 am »
I'm doing a 700km remote web-developer internship for a video games company.  Dream job achieved.  :D
I hate you.