Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1767533 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #8865 on: May 04, 2010, 12:02:22 pm »
Gots funding at University of Hawaii.  I get to be a beach bum for a while. =)

Next year I might be making a vacation/trip to Hawaii.  I'll have to check up on the progress of your tan.

Awesome!  You can come crash on our couch.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8866 on: May 04, 2010, 12:26:15 pm »
I'm doing a 700km remote web-developer internship for a video games company.  Dream job achieved.  :D

agghh... my remote webdev job is kinda what turned me off of it.  That's probably because my boss was a little bit difficult to work with, though.

anyway, congrats. :)

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #8867 on: May 04, 2010, 11:05:05 pm »
Yea, grats. I'm pretty sure you'll re-evaluate your own definition of dream job afterwards, though. :P
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #8868 on: May 05, 2010, 01:03:31 am »
Probably not.  Blaze hit the motherload with S2.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8869 on: May 05, 2010, 02:06:35 am »
One of my girlfriend's coworkers got pulled over on her way home from work because her sister's license is suspended and she had her sister's car. Finding that she had a license, the officer decided to give a curfew ticket instead.

[...]
(i) "Remain" means to:

1. Linger or stay; or
2. Fail to leave a premises or establishment when requested to do so by a law enforcement officer or the owner, operator or other person in control of the premises or establishment.

[..]   

(k) "Loiter" means to congregate, linger, wander, stand, delay, walk or stroll about aimlessly, or to remain idle in essentially one location in a manner and under circumstances manifesting an unnecessary or aimless purpose.

[..]

(2) OFFENSES.

(a) No minor shall loiter, idle, remain or be present in any public place or on the premises of any establishment within the City during curfew hours.

[..]

(3) DEFENSES.
(a) This section shall not apply where the minor was:

[..]

4. Engaged in an employment activity or going to or returning home from an employment activity, without any detour or stop;

This should be easy.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8870 on: May 08, 2010, 05:24:18 pm »
Started volunteering again with the local animal welfare organization today and will probably get back into regularly volunteering.  I have to just try and stay optimistic and just stop thinking about what-ifs and worrying about variables out of my control... and stop making excuses for my lack of a social life, stop blaming it on the local demographics and shitty rural redneck area I live.

Finally met someone around my age, educated (grad student atm), isn't a baby's momma, and that I'd be interested in getting to know more.  Although, it sucks that I have little experience and know-how concerning the best methods of figuring out if someone is attached or married.  Guess I'm going to just have to find out by taking a chance and asking her out, bah.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8871 on: May 10, 2010, 05:56:18 pm »
You should look at her finger to see if she's married. That's the best way.

Attached? Check Facebook...or ask her if she has one either directly or indirectly.

DC is not rural.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8872 on: May 10, 2010, 06:30:30 pm »
You should also do credit and background checks to make sure she's worth investing in.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8873 on: May 10, 2010, 07:42:33 pm »
Attached? Check Facebook...or ask her if she has one either directly or indirectly.
A little bit of light Facebook stalking doesn't hurt anyone. ;)

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8874 on: May 10, 2010, 11:14:49 pm »
Started volunteering again with the local animal welfare organization today and will probably get back into regularly volunteering.  I have to just try and stay optimistic and just stop thinking about what-ifs and worrying about variables out of my control... and stop making excuses for my lack of a social life, stop blaming it on the local demographics and shitty rural redneck area I live.

Finally met someone around my age, educated (grad student atm), isn't a baby's momma, and that I'd be interested in getting to know more.  Although, it sucks that I have little experience and know-how concerning the best methods of figuring out if someone is attached or married.  Guess I'm going to just have to find out by taking a chance and asking her out, bah.

Volunteering is a great way to meet people. I did it for a while in order to meet some girls. Didn't really work out but it presented opportunities.

I think facebook is the best way of finding out if someone is in a relationship. I wish you the best of luck if you end up asking her out. Remember that guys, in general, are rejected 80% of the time. But that does not matter - it is the one out of five times that counts :-)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:16:22 pm by Ender »

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8875 on: May 11, 2010, 08:44:06 am »
You should look at her finger to see if she's married. That's the best way.

DC is not rural.

I'm not DC per se.  More southern Maryland, a region which most don't realize even exists- about an hour south from the beltway.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8876 on: May 13, 2010, 05:51:24 am »
In some ways, I'm glad I don't have to commute 45 mins to an hour+ from DC area to where I work like some of the other younger employees... means I just have to drive 5 minutes to work, can go home for lunch breaks, and don't have to go as much out of my way to work on the weekends and earn some overtime pay.

Still, sucks with all the redneck white trash out here and lack of diversity.  I say, rural people sure are closed minded.

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8877 on: May 13, 2010, 07:44:52 am »

How is it different than Farmvegas?
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8878 on: May 14, 2010, 01:08:14 pm »
It's not, that's why the place is shitty.  Eh, I'll put my 2 years... but likely will transfer or leave the company after that and try and find something in NoVA.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8879 on: May 14, 2010, 05:04:47 pm »
Woohoo, end of the month will mark the end of my current apartment lease... moving out July 6 to a different apartment just down the street from where I am, within same apartment community, just a more practical sized apartment.  Luckily, they're making an exception for me and waiving the additional month-to-month rent increase for June that I would have to pay under normal circumstances since I'm just transferring to a different apartment.

It's also fortunate that the move-in date for my new place falls on the week I was going to take 3 days off anyways, and the period in which I'll have 10 days in a row off from work.  Gives me time before the holiday to pack and time after the holiday to move and get situated.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 05:07:24 pm by while1 »