Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762079 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #8895 on: July 04, 2010, 03:25:48 am »
It sounds like whichever OS you're using fails at multi displays, not the software. :P

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: July 05, 2010, 01:04:47 pm »
That's only partially correct.  Out of the box, I've had issues with Google software for Linux and Windows- Linux ends up being less of a problem because I can customize it to force the software to behave how I want, but Windows isn't as easy to do that.  Can't say I've used any Google desktop applications on OSX.  I suppose OSX support may be different, since according to my friends who have worked/work for Google, their software support for multi-monitor displays on OSX may be very well be flawless since Google employees are generally Apple fanboys.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8897 on: July 05, 2010, 02:16:03 pm »
Linux can either run separate X sessions on both monitors, or can have one session stretched. The stretched one runs into the same issues as Windows -- it depends on each application to pick its starting location -- but the separate X sessions will run the application on whichever screen you started it up on. The downside is, you can't drag windows between screens because they're different sessions.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: July 06, 2010, 12:21:13 am »
I've been writing Objective-C extensively for the last couple of days. It's a nifty little language once you open up to it!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8899 on: July 06, 2010, 05:27:44 am »
So far I've made $3.74 from professional application development, thanks to iAds. I'm not exactly making as much as I thought I would.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #8900 on: July 06, 2010, 10:28:55 am »
I put a donation link up on my website and have made significantly more than $3.74.  You should try that instead, I think.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8901 on: July 07, 2010, 05:08:42 pm »
After a long stint with Chrome, I finally deleted my old Firefox profile, updated Firefox, and am back to Firefox. Sorry Chrome, but Firefox is waaaay nicer. Plus, Adblock Plus is worth the price of admission alone.
OMG U IZ COMPUTER N00B U DONT USE CHROME!!!!! <--- majority of tech-savvy internet population. It drives me crazy, I've never really liked Chrome.

i <3 chrome.  much less clunky than firefox.

plus, i wouldn't want google to go without any shred of the personal information i share with other parts of the internet.  this is another way to make sure they get ALL of it.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: July 07, 2010, 05:21:16 pm »

plus, i wouldn't want google to go without any shred of the personal information i share with other parts of the internet.  this is another way to make sure they get ALL of it.
your second line is clearly sarcasm, but that wasn't one of the reasons that i dislike chrome. i tried it and it just didn't feel as good.. also, noscript, flashblock, and abp are all wayyyy awesome.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8903 on: July 07, 2010, 05:33:15 pm »

your second line is clearly sarcasm, but that wasn't one of the reasons that i dislike chrome. i tried it and it just didn't feel as good.. also, noscript, flashblock, and abp are all wayyyy awesome.

Adblock has a Chrome version of their service, but I'll admit it's not as good.  I haven't updated in a while... maybe I should do that.

Chrome gives developers a lot less room than Firefox does, which is unfortunate in many ways.  Seriously, though... I can hardly handle how slow Firefox is in comparison.  I'm almost never waiting for Chrome, which is much more often the case with Firefox.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8904 on: July 07, 2010, 08:49:47 pm »
Have you tried Firefox 4 beta yet? It's supposed to be faster, but I hadn't noticed the slowness so it doesn't seem too different to me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8905 on: July 07, 2010, 10:47:34 pm »
Have you tried Firefox 4 beta yet? It's supposed to be faster, but I hadn't noticed the slowness so it doesn't seem too different to me.

No.  I'd be willing to try it, though. (=

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: July 08, 2010, 12:30:16 am »

To be fair, Chrome was apparently the only browser on Windows (besides maybe IE) that implemented DEP and ASLR correctly. So it is probably one of the safest!
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: July 08, 2010, 01:03:45 am »
Adblock has a Chrome version of their service, but I'll admit it's not as good.  I haven't updated in a while... maybe I should do that.

Chrome gives developers a lot less room than Firefox does, which is unfortunate in many ways.  Seriously, though... I can hardly handle how slow Firefox is in comparison.  I'm almost never waiting for Chrome, which is much more often the case with Firefox.
Are you one of those people that has 500 tabs open at any given moment and then wonders why his browser is slow? I had to go to the hospital after all my facepalms reading Slashdot users complain about that..
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8908 on: July 08, 2010, 05:36:45 pm »

Are you one of those people that has 500 tabs open at any given moment and then wonders why his browser is slow? I had to go to the hospital after all my facepalms reading Slashdot users complain about that..

No, not so.  Firefox takes 10 seconds or more to start up on my MBP.  Chrome takes less than 1.  I'll admit that I'm not very diligent about closing tabs, but I don't do it in Chrome either, and Chrome runs much faster than FF.

I've been convinced to try the special OSX version of Firefox though.  Maybe it's even nicer than Chrome. :)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: July 08, 2010, 05:39:06 pm »
I've been convinced to try the special OSX version of Firefox though. 

Say wha?
- Newby