Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762198 times)

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #9075 on: November 02, 2010, 03:52:31 pm »
Gateway, dell.  My friends have had HP, Asus, gateway, dell, etc... and they are most of the time less reliable than my mac.

My girlfriend has had a MB for 4 years and the only problems with it haven't really been the machine's fault.  Spilled drink on the keyboard, etc.

I'm sure there are PCs that fair as well, but in my experience, they're farer and fewer between.
My family has laptops from dell, gateway, and acer. The only problems that I've seen with any of them have been caused by user stupidity. Maybe we're just lucky, but I think most people just treat their laptops very very poorly. The only problem with my old dell is that the power connector has been loose ever since I knocked it a couple feet off a counter onto a hard floor :(. The magnetic power connector thing is one of my favorite things about macbooks (that seems to be a fairly common point of failure) but it's really not worth an extra $1000.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9076 on: November 02, 2010, 04:14:42 pm »
My laptops tend to run very hot, and I've had a lot of harddrive issues.

That being said, my friend with a Mac has had similar problems, so it can happen to any one.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: November 02, 2010, 04:14:49 pm »
pr0n on my lenovo is good.  that is my input.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9078 on: November 02, 2010, 04:21:43 pm »
My family has laptops from dell, gateway, and acer. The only problems that I've seen with any of them have been caused by user stupidity. Maybe we're just lucky, but I think most people just treat their laptops very very poorly. The only problem with my old dell is that the power connector has been loose ever since I knocked it a couple feet off a counter onto a hard floor :(. The magnetic power connector thing is one of my favorite things about macbooks (that seems to be a fairly common point of failure) but it's really not worth an extra $1000.

Heh.  I guess it just seems I've seen a lot more "bad apple" PCs than I have with MBs.

I love the magnetic charger.  It's saved my ass dozens of times.  I've dropped my MBP quite a few times, I've spilled water, soda, coffee, etc. on the keyboard and I haven't had a single problem.  For something that's not meant to be ultra durable, this thing sure is a trooper.

I don't have a desktop here because I didn't have a good way of bringing mine.  I have a pretty hard time being restricted to a laptop, and I'm going to try to get my PC here next time I go home.

I don't think I'd ever spend more than $1000 on a laptop.  I'd never buy a laptop if I intended to do any sort of serious gaming.  My MBP was a little over $1000, and I've been rather pleased with it.  Maybe it's just something like the placebo effect, but I've never been so pleased with a laptop.  A year after I bought it, everything is still working as it should.  No broken chargers, no busted keys, not a single hardware failure, etc.

That's not to say I'd never buy a PC laptop again, or that I wouldn't recommend a PC laptop to someone else.  I'm just very pleased with my MBP. :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: November 03, 2010, 09:24:32 am »
I got hammered last night til about 3am and skipped class this morning...this roommate situation is working out awesome.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: November 03, 2010, 02:07:51 pm »
That's un-fuckin-healthy. Plus it makes you a huge dork.

It's funny that you're the one accusing me of being juvenile, and you've shown nothing but that sort of behavior. *golf clap*

Don't you ever get tired of being a stupid douche? Also, if I'm the dork, why are you the one stalking my posts commenting that I'm a dork and need to get laid?
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9081 on: November 03, 2010, 02:29:03 pm »

It's funny that you're the one accusing me of being juvenile, and you've shown nothing but that sort of behavior. *golf clap*

Don't you ever get tired of being a stupid douche? Also, if I'm the dork, why are you the one stalking my posts commenting that I'm a dork and need to get laid?

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #9082 on: November 03, 2010, 02:34:42 pm »
Ender is a troll; the sooner you ignore him entirely, the happier you will be.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9083 on: November 03, 2010, 03:05:50 pm »
Exactly. Just like last time, ignore him long enough and he'll go away for awhile. Yay! :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: November 03, 2010, 05:24:33 pm »
Exactly. Just like last time, ignore him long enough and he'll go away for awhile. Yay! :)

But I came back ;)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #9085 on: November 03, 2010, 05:47:01 pm »

But I came back ;)

I'm still unconvinced you're a troll on purpose, whether or not you were trolling on purpose before; I think without trolling motivation, you won't.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: November 03, 2010, 07:21:14 pm »
95% on my algorithms exam. 8)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #9087 on: November 03, 2010, 07:37:49 pm »
Congratulations!

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: November 04, 2010, 12:28:16 am »

I don't know lol I guess it's fun? Besides my life sucks right now; I'm on antibiotics for strep so I can't smoke or drink. Also one of my friends just let me down.

To be fair, though, saying that you use the computer 10-14 hours a day warrants some comment. So does insulting certain users on here (Trust and CrAz3d to name two) which you do all the time. I can tell you now that when you pick on them, I'm going to pick on you.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 12:30:22 am by Ender »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9089 on: November 04, 2010, 09:03:01 am »
For what it's worth, I use a computer 10-14 hours/day, too. It's my day job, and also my primary hobby.